The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Wainy316 said:

If I was a City fan I think once I’d seen them lift the champions league I’d call it a day and start following a non league club.  I don’t envy them at all, I remember what the club used to be like and they must be absolutely dying to just feel something again.  

I get the sentiment but still find this kind of thing strange.

I'm not sure id not support villa any more no matter what happened...its not as if its a switch you can turn off!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If I was a City fan I think once I’d seen them lift the champions league I’d call it a day and start following a non league club.  I don’t envy them at all, I remember what the club used to be like and they must be absolutely dying to just feel something again.  

I'm posting on Blue Moon that Grealish is not for sale and they're absolute melts complaining that he deserves the move. I used to like City fans

There’s only 2 main scenarios that lead to Jack leaving this summer. Firstly, he does have a release clause in his contract, that is triggered by a club. Secondly, a club make an offer which is too good to turn down (maybe £150m). 
The first of those scenarios is unlikely. It was reported at the time of signing his contract that it did contain a release clause but it is likely that it only comes into play if we were relegated. Therefore, we are likely to be ok here.

The second of those scenarios is also unlikely. Who can afford to pay £150m for a single player? The answer is probably only City or PSG and neither are likely to go that hard after Jack.

In reality, the contract Jack signed last year really protects us. We hold all of the cards. I expect us to keep him for at least one more season. Whether he remains longer will probably be directly linked to how well we do next season. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I get the sentiment but still find this kind of thing strange.

I'm not sure id not support villa any more no matter what happened...its not as if its a switch you can turn off!

What is there left to see though, you’d feel like you’d completed football as the entire football world just rolls their eyes in apathy as another trophy just gets added the pile.

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What is there left to see though, you’d feel like you’d completed football as the entire football world just rolls their eyes in apathy as another trophy just gets added the pile.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

There’s only 2 main scenarios that lead to Jack leaving this summer. Firstly, he does have a release clause in his contract, that is triggered by a club. Secondly, a club make an offer which is too good to turn down (maybe £150m). 
The first of those scenarios is unlikely. It was reported at the time of signing his contract that it did contain a release clause but it is likely that it only comes into play if we were relegated. Therefore, we are likely to be ok here.

The second of those scenarios is also unlikely. Who can afford to pay £150m for a single player? The answer is probably only City or PSG and neither are likely to go that hard after Jack.

In reality, the contract Jack signed last year really protects us. We hold all of the cards. I expect us to keep him for at least one more season. Whether he remains longer will probably be directly linked to how well we do next season. 

Broadly that’s where I’m at. I think there is a third option though and Jack decides he really wants to move and tries to push it through. I don’t think we’d ever here that because it definitely won’t go public but it isn’t out of the realms of possibility the club rewards him for the excellent loyalty he’s showed so far. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Broadly that’s where I’m at. I think there is a third option though and Jack decides he really wants to move and tries to push it through. I don’t think we’d ever here that because it definitely won’t go public but it isn’t out of the realms of possibility the club rewards him for the excellent loyalty he’s showed so far. 

Has he showed excellent loyalty tho? He was off to Spurs until he wasn't’ (and was apparently gutted). Since then other clubs have sniffed around but I can’t think of any respectable offers that have come in for him that would have given him the opportunity to move.  Yes he signed a new contract which gave him plenty more money but if it allows him to move at the first opportunity, how is that demonstrating loyalty. I’m not saying he hasn’t been loyal and it would actually be nice if people gave me examples of how he has but I think the loyalty thing is possibly a bit of a myth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Surely you would just want to see if you could defend that particular title?

...being a fan has a habit of keeping folks invested!

Right now is where is he gets to show his loyalty and that everything he said last summer after penning his contract was true.

The club are doing everything to prove to him our ambition matches his. Moving now when we need him most would be that damaging to the club and the negative fallout that will follow will somewhat damage his reputation that is currently golden amongst 99.9% of the fanbase. He’s just unfortunate that he’s just too important to the club. If we had 6/7 world class players already at the club it might be different, but we dont. He is needed, the club he supports need him, that should be enough for any fan emotionally to commit and see out what next season brings.

• Like 3

The thing is he will win more titles and trophies with man city than he will with us. Liverscum, scumchester United, Chelsea, are for the last 20 years always seen as title challengers even arsenal are. 

That's what needs to be ingrained into our club. I remember the 2-2 draw against the Arse boxing day when Zat Knight scored the equaliser everyone celebrated like they won the league.

However we smashed them and had chance after chance after chance to really bury them in the chase for top 4. 3 players walked off looking pissed - Barry, Young and Milner. They looked vexed because we should have won the match after a brilliant performance where we dominated the whole game except 15 minutes where they scored 2.

That's where we need to be. And that's where Jack is. He's a title challenging player. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm posting on Blue Moon that Grealish is not for sale and they're absolute melts complaining that he deserves the move. I used to like City fans

They were likeable uptill the point some Man utd fans moved on from utd into City supporting being the glory supporting people they are.

So these top clubs do have there die hard fans for sure but you will find alot of fans will move from team to team depending on who's winning things. It's a behaviour I can't stand and do not know how you can call yourself a true fan when your a magnet for finding a trophy team and the moment they start not winning stuff they're onto the next. 

I had an ex friend who I just call someone to chat to now, he's one of those type who throws everything he has in your face and I think the fact he glory supports kind of backs up his attitude to people. He's the one that after 10 years trashed on our friendship and said I were dealing drugs and backed the head doorman on a club all because they both seen an opportunity to put blame on me and make extra cash for themselves. That to the side though and back to what I were trying to get at which is when I first met him his allegiance was to Sheffield Wednesday, had the tattoo of the badge but because of all the piss taking I were doing when I arrived in Sheffield he switched to Man utd. People these days will flood fan bases the moment there previous team isn't winning owt, it's a sad way to enjoy football I think. I just think the reason why fan bases get worse is partly because of the reasons above, the DikHeads move on from the teams that don't win because let's face it they are that for reasons and you usually find they love the good old having everything over everyone else.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Surely you would just want to see if you could defend that particular title?

...being a fan has a habit of keeping folks invested!

I mean sure, I’d probably keep half an eye on it but the passion would be absolutely ripped out of it.  Half the fun is getting to lord up your successes but how’s that any fun when absolutely nobody cares?

12 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Right now is where is he gets to show his loyalty and that everything he said last summer after penning his contract was true.

The club are doing everything to prove to him our ambition matches his. Moving now when we need him most would be that damaging to the club and the negative fallout that will follow will somewhat damage his reputation that is currently golden amongst 99.9% of the fanbase. He’s just unfortunate that he’s just too important to the club. If we had 6/7 world class players already at the club it might be different, but we dont. He is needed, the club he supports need him, that should be enough for any fan emotionally to commit and see out what next season brings.

Exactly, he won't go.

Spot on post.

Keep believing Jack's our player, he's not going to city n what makes this so sweet is all those so called 6 big clubsand there fans are going to be so pissed off in some weeks when window shuts.

Edited by Dave-R

My feeling is, if he gets an option of a move to city and the money feels right to villa he will want to go. City represent almost guaranteed trophies and If they don't get Jack they get someone else. This could be a once in his lifetime opportunity so he will have a very difficult decision to make. 

As much as I (and I'm sure Jack) would love to achieve these things at villa, it seems far less likely.

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

My feeling is, if he gets an option of a move to city and the money feels right to villa he will want to go. City represent almost guaranteed trophies and If they don't get Jack they get someone else. This could be a once in his lifetime opportunity so he will have a very difficult decision to make. 

As much as I (and I'm sure Jack) would love to achieve these things at villa, it seems far less likely.

What do people think the ammont of Money that feels right to Villa???

I think the answers easy when you put Jack on the scales and then the money on the other scale, Jack will always feel more heavier, way more heavier than the money thrown on. I've tried putting a price on his head and I fail everytime. For a Villa fan or Owners you can plainly see how important Jack is and what he does for the club at every level but for the outside they just see him as a tool to be used up.

We have to be the club that sells Jack when he starts declining or just before, we have to see that but before the buying club does.

Â