The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

It's going to hurt. But if it happens it'll be the first time we will benefit as a club for a long time. Getting 100mill in will transform us in terms of what we can spend.

You don't replace jack, but that kind of money helps you build something new. 

Yes it will hurt for a start, we've all grown so massively close to our captain despite not knowing him personally. Were more close to Jack than any of these other clubs fans could ever be to Jack if they got there hands in him.

As for Jack leaving and the benefit of what we get, yes even In the 90s when clubs came poaching and bullying us for our players we needed the money. Now we don't need the money, it benefits us more because we have more spending power and more power in who we sign so the money can be better spent. 100 mill though,it's not much (well for me it is, it's a life changer) for the Owners it's a different story. Club wise a 100 mill won't ever make up for losing Grealish, he does so much on and off field that losing him would be a disaster for us while ever were rebuilding. What Jack brings to the table is far more than what half a billion could bring to the table if we can't reinvest it. Have a think about that because half a billion isn't kicking the ball on the field untill a player is bought with it and then was that half a billion reinvested wisely. Sure we are more careful these days but not every player we buy is going to be a success.

For what Grealish does for the club I would not sell for all the money in the world. That bloke himself has sky rocketed us back to heights of football we were dreaming of and saying some seasons ago that it would take ages to reach.

Selling Grealish- If I am the Owner and asked by the buying club that wants him what is he worth to you? I feel also the only answer would be this I could give: To us there's only your club that could ever make amends for the loss of him, so what exactly would you put on the table for him? At that point I believe every club in the world would get up from the negotiation and walk away.

I would even throw Watkins into this now, he is a player that without a doubt is starting to feel a price can't even be placed upon his head, Same for Martinez as well. We have Grealish, Watkins and Martinez, three without a doubt players that I think do things on and off the field that selling them while ever they are the players they are just wouldn't make sense to us or club. This is the road we need to continue on, by getting our hands on players who are worth far more than what money is itself, if you can do that then i say you know when you have a dream team. The kind of players these three are that hardly ever put foots wrong and make your club rise above what it can normally do.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

I’m not even joking…

NSWE should tell Man City straight away…

£500m for the next five years… that’s £100m a year…

If you want Jack that badly from us, that’s what we want from you in return…

You want to buckle us by taking our best talent… AGAIN…

This time we want to buckle you financially for the privilege…

We don’t want to sell him, we don’t have to sell him…

Id rather see what Jack can do for the rest of his contract and then leave on a free than sell him as soon as the vultures start circling when his value is probably ONLY JUST peaking

Edited by DJ_Villain
Grammatical cockup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

If Jack does spend the rest of his career at villa he would have a statue outside villa park 

As a Villa fan, I’d take that over a Chumpions League medal for a club I don’t support any day…

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

As a Villa fan, I’d take that over a Chumpions League medal for a club I don’t support any day…

Imagine winning the champions League with your boyhood club....

That has the be the ambition right? We give jack the players he needs to take us into the champions League?

Selling our star player seems like a backwards step.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 2

We already have money and we've got a limited pool of players we can attract because we don't have Europe yet. What this will do is mean that all of our targets are going to be inflated in price because selling clubs will KNOW we have a ton of money and are desperate to replace him. 

We're much better off keeping him. 

• Like 1

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

Imagine taking winning the champions League with your boyhood club....

Exactly…

like I said before bud… If ever a player claims to support a club and then WILLINGLY leaves to play for another club in the same division…

Not forced out, not out of contract and needs somewhere to go… but willingly signs on the dotted line and actively WANTS to play for a competitor and score goals against and hinder the on pitch progress of the “club they support” for the benefit of their new side…

Then they aren’t fans of their club…

If Grealish wants to go to City and win for them and not for us…

He isn’t a Villa fan…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Exactly…

like I said before bud… If ever a player claims to support a club and then WILLINGLY leaves to play for another club in the same division…

Not forced out, not out of contract and needs somewhere to go… but willingly signs on the dotted line and actively WANTS to play for a competitor and score goals against and hinder the on pitch progress of the “club they support” for the benefit of their new side…

Then they aren’t fans of their club…

If Grealish wants to go to City and win for them and not for us…

He isn’t a Villa fan…

You simply HAVE to separate fanaticism and personal ambition and achievement. The two are not conjoined twins I’m afraid. 

Jack will always be a fan of the club whether he stays for the whole of his career or not. 

• Like 1

I've been called "mental", "paranoid" and a "conspiracy theorist" and other such words for my theories on Manchester City and their post Sheik-up...

With all of their money... All of their vast wealth.... and (at the time), no FFP.... They could have signed anyone in the world... and they did...
They signed Aguero, they signed Robinhio... They were signing everyone...

The only reason they signed Barry and Milner was because we were the low hanging fruit who were challenging for that last Champions League spot...

They didnt need Gareth Barry and James Milner... they just needed to destabilise us...

And because Randy Lerner had no financial backbone, we capitulated... and then got worse... then those bastards signed Delph (but he is another story altogether)...

Then finally we got relegated... We were out of the picture completely and Man City were winning everything...

Now we have come back, have this once-in-a-lifetime talent, a much stronger financial and professional backing, have settled ourselves in the league... and at the same time, have turned over Arsenal (twice), Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea in the same season...

Those rocket polishers are trying to do it again...

They are trying to cherry pick us again...

But I truly believe that NSWE wont allow us to be that low hanging fruit anymore...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, eholm said:

You simply HAVE to separate fanaticism and personal ambition and achievement. The two are not conjoined twins I’m afraid. 

Jack will always be a fan of the club whether he stays for the whole of his career or not. 

He wont though will he... If he wants to leave and play against us, he will be actively trying to contribute towards our failure...

He will be setting up and scoring goals for another club in a concentrated effort to try and hinder our progress for their own benefit...

Every goal they score is another goal we need to score to keep up in the league table with goal difference etc...

If Jack were to contribute to that, then he is doing it against us and if he willingly leaves us, he will have wanted to do that against us as well...

Its not like when he was almost forced to go to Spurs when we were broke...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

He wont though will he... If he wants to leave and play against us, he will be actively trying to contribute towards our failure...

He will be setting up and scoring goals for another club in a concentrated effort to try and hinder our progress for their own benefit...

Every goal they score is another goal we need to score to keep up in the league table with goal difference etc...

If Jack were to contribute to that, then he is doing it against us and if he willingly leaves us, he will have wanted to do that against us as well...

Its not like when he was almost forced to go to Spurs when we were broke...

I kind of see your logic but you are seeing all of this through the lens of a normal fan who can never and will never be able to influence the success or otherwise of any club through physically playing for them. 

Jack is a professional footballer whose principal career aim is to achieve personal success at the highest level he can whilst being recompensed accordingly. It is impossible to compare his type of‘fandom’ to ours. Although similar in many ways the two diverge drastically at the point where my previous sentence kicks in. 

Dont get me wrong, I’d love it if he saw the club as we do but unfortunately we are to some extent comparing apples and pears 👍

Edited by eholm
  • Like 4

You know what pisses me off a bit. There is no way Jack’s agent has started feeding these stories to the press without Jacks knowledge and agreement. Which in turn has caused problems for Villa and potential transfer dealings. If he is planning his exit, I would expect him to do whilst being as respectful as possible to us and giving us the time to get our transfer business sorted.

Do people really think he doesn’t know and approve what his agent does?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

100 million buys 2 x Ben Whites in today's market. It's rubbish. Grealish worth more than that in marketing value alone

Ben White is a bit like how we see Grealish compared to other fans, unless you’ve seen him play more than 5 times, you don’t fully appreciate how good he is.

Two Ben whites would be pretty good business. Not that I want to seek Grealish at all, and I don’t think he will be leaving at all either. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Ben White is a bit like how we see Grealish compared to other fans, unless you’ve seen him play more than 5 times, you don’t fully appreciate how good he is.

Two Ben whites would be pretty good business. Not that I want to seek Grealish at all, and I don’t think he will be leaving at all either. 

I agree actually. If we could buy two players of that quality in the positions we need them, they would massively enhance the team. We might not be able to match JG quality in that one position but if we do sell (still hoping we keep him) we can still make progress if we use the money effectively to improve 2-3 positions.

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You know what pisses me off a bit. There is no way Jack’s agent has started feeding these stories to the press without Jacks knowledge and agreement. Which in turn has caused problems for Villa and potential transfer dealings. If he is planning his exit, I would expect him to do whilst being as respectful as possible to us and giving us the time to get our transfer business sorted.

Do people really think he doesn’t know and approve what his agent does?

If it is coming from Jack’s agent then Jack would be aware for sure. If he wants to go then keep it **** silent and get it done. Lack of respect. 

Grealish must know about this and be open to a move, it doesn't just happen without his knowledge surely.

If that's the case then he's as good as gone.

However, Villa and NSWE should stand firm and knock back any offers. Hopefully he won't force through a move as his reputation will suffer.

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

MK Dons have more soul than Man City.  I’d rather play there.

I agree. City is just so sterile. They can’t even fill their stadium for big games (pre covid of course!) They are phenomenal - no doubt about it - but absolutely soulless. 
Again - main man and idolised down Villa part or one of many super stars at city. For me, he would be one of their best players but I’m not sure how he would find rotation. I mean, just look at the current England set up - he looked totally pissed off getting subbed of last game. 

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Grealish must know about this and be open to a move, it doesn't just happen without his knowledge surely.

If that's the case then he's as good as gone.

I don't really agree. Seems most likely to me that his agent has informed him of the plan for them both to earn the most money possible from the situation and Grealish is happy for that to happen.

Rumours of a £100m bid being readied are very useful in contract negotiations with the club even if he knows he's going nowhere. He's currently on £125k-£140k a week if reports are to be believed. I think he'll probably sign a new one in July worth £200k+ a week and Villa will still be getting a bargain.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I agree. City is just so sterile. They can’t even fill their stadium for big games (pre covid of course!) They are phenomenal - no doubt about it - but absolutely soulless. 
Again - main man and idolised down Villa part or one of many super stars at city. For me, he would be one of their best players but I’m not sure how he would find rotation. I mean, just look at the current England set up - he looked totally pissed off getting subbed of last game. 

If I was a City fan I think once I’d seen them lift the champions league I’d call it a day and start following a non league club.  I don’t envy them at all, I remember what the club used to be like and they must be absolutely dying to just feel something again.  

• Like 2

Â