The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Why are you (and most people) believing the press reports that we've offered him a new contract, but not believing the press reports that £100m will likely be enough to get him?

Because we haven't even been in contact with City. And percy says we have been in ongoing contract talks. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

As a subscriber of The Athletic I can confirm that their articles on Grealish are nothing more than click bait nonsense.

Gregg Evans has suggested that Grealish was going to leave every past summer.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Reliable journalists in The Athletic (Sam Lee and David Ornstein) and The Independent (Miguel Delaney) have been saying for weeks that we'll sell for £100m and they were written off as "paper talk guff". It categorically didn't stem from spurious reports in The Sun and Talksport. On the other hand, Rob Dorsett, who has long been (unfairly) ridiculed on here, broke the news that we've offered a contract, and it was instantly accepted! People believe what they want and are burying their heads in the sand if they think this is all just paper talk. Obviously with all that said, I hope we manage to convince Jack to stick around for at least another year

None of them have any relation to villa, there have been no talks about his sale. Ornstein is the arsenal correspondent I wouldn't be surprised if this is them trying to get a fluff piece out to try and embarrass us. 

Percy has said we aren't selling Grealish. He is the only consistent and reliable villa journo. 

41 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'm not talking about his tweets. I'm talking about his articles in The Athletic, which are accurate, and aren't click-incentivized

If, as you say, he has stated in his articles that NSWE will sell for £100m then they haven't proven to be accurate at all. If he is sold for that amount then we can consider them to be accurate, not before.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gabby is very close to Jack and if he’s saying a deal could be done, and might be done this Summer then he’s probably off. 

I just hope we get 120m for him. Anything less and I’ll feel we’ve been had. Whatever Kane is worth, Jack is worth. He’s younger, better looking, better at football and he’s worth millions in a marketing capacity. 

I’ll be devastated if he leaves. 

Gabby's job isn't to be a reliable villa reporter. His job is to he sensationalist and fan the flames of whatever possible will get 6h4 most views from scum 6 fans. 

12 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Greg Evans says new signings told Grealish is staying

The Athletic‘s Gregg Evans has dropped a major Aston Villa update on the club’s summer transfer plans, including some news on the future of Jack Grealish amid speculation linking him with Manchester City.

Reports in recent days have suggested that the Premier League champions are preparing an offer for the 25-year-old after the conclusion of Euro 2020 this summer, while Dean Smith’s side have already completed the signings of Emi Buendia and Ashley Young.

Evans has now delivered an update on where things stand with Villa’s work in the transfer market, even suggesting that new signings are being told of Grealish staying at the club.

Two different Athletic reporters saying different things. Covering bases?

If Gregg said it then he is definitely gone :P 

• Like 1

Nearly all the clips we see on here, are about players whose highlights result in scoring goals....Wingers, strikers or Attacking Midfielders, but there is more than that to creating a winning team.

There are some world class players, past and present, who don't score goals, but make a major contribution to winning games.

Sadly, I haven't seen many compilations of them types on here.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I agree there is always a possibility Lerner.

However there is just to much, way more that says he's staying compared to him leaving.

I certainly don't think anyone would sign a new 5 year contract only to then go and leave before the next season comes in, especially when we're making progress in who were bringing in to accompany Jack for next season.

I could imagine that everyone at Villa in charge is laughing at all this in the media, because the media in this country is full of shit. UK media somehow always make everyone feel as though they have the insider info on big moves and were going to lose our best player.

I certainly hope he stays, no question there.

We could be shit hot next year if he does 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Gabby's job isn't to be a reliable villa reporter. His job is to he sensationalist and fan the flames of whatever possible will get 6h4 most views from scum 6 fans. 

Not sure about that tbh. 

If any Journalist comes out an says " Jack is not leaving" they will probably end up with a flea in their ear and their bosses reminding them of their responsibilities to the rag.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I certainly hope he stays, no question there.

We could be shit hot next year if he does 

I think we will, in any eventuality.

but I too want him to stay.

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Worth a read and makes sense, all a load of agent and media baloney, all in the name of money, hope Barnett gets sacked by Jack.

"Superstar"?

He hasn't played 90 minutes in total has he?

I honestly go from one extreme to the other on this. One minute I think he’s going, the next I read something that makes me think he’s staying. 

One things for sure, we’re not going to make this easy for anyone. He’s our asset and it’ll cost Man City a helluva lot to take him from us.

Â