The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Almost like the whole thing was manufactured to shift the betting markets on a quiet Friday.

I work in the gambling industry and the betting on transfers is literally nothing. A couple of hundred pounds in bets is enough for the odds to drop significantly. Also Talksport hasn’t got any affiliation to Skybet, they are owned by different companies now and have been for years.

• Like 1

He’ll stay with the club as long as we are showing ambition and continual improvement.

If we stagnant he’ll move on to fulfil personal objectives, and who could blame him.

He won’t be leaving this summer, we improved last season and are looking like we’ll do so again with some ambitious recruitment.

• Like 1

My point that we don't know anything we didn't already know still stands as an excellent point, because I said we already knew that other clubs would be interested, so whether the interest is genuine or not makes no difference we already knew that other clubs would be intereted in him, the one thing we know that we didn't already is that he's in talks for a new contract as reported by John Percy the most reliable journalist on Villa news.

Also not sure what make Ornstein, Sam Lee and Miguel Delaney reliable on Villa news, they won't have a clue how much we want for Grealish, or indeed how much Man City would be prepared to pay for him. That kind of information is different and specific than knowing that a player is in talks over a new contract.

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Well.......no. It's subscriber-based, so clickbait would make little sense

I could be wrong, so please correct me if I am, but I've seen plenty of article saying £100m would be the offer, but I've not seen anything suggesting that we would accept it. 

The £100m fiure is no more reliable than the £80m figure that was going around last summer, the media doesn't know what we'd be willing to accept or what other clubs would be willing to play, they're just made up numbers. There's a big difference between knowing something specific like that, and knowing that a player is in talks over a new contract.

I actually doubt that Man City would pay £100m for Grealish more than I doubt we'd accept that sum.

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I could be wrong, so please correct me if I am, but I've seen plenty of article saying £100m would be the offer, but I've not seen anything suggesting that we would accept it. 

Agree Stan, it's all rubbish and the tell is, the fee, I mean come on, 100m for Jack, never gonna happen. Harry overrated Maguire was 75m.

• Like 1

I think Holy trinity sums it up very well....Jack is central to our project, its not as simple as a run o' the mill transfer.

He is more than just a player, He is an icon and I would suspect, he will have a role at Villa way after his playing days are over.....this could be a life time career.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Reliable journalists in The Athletic (Sam Lee and David Ornstein) and The Independent (Miguel Delaney) have been saying for weeks that we'll sell for £100m and they were written off as "paper talk guff". It categorically didn't stem from spurious reports in The Sun and Talksport. On the other hand, Rob Dorsett, who has long been (unfairly) ridiculed on here, broke the news that we've offered a contract, and it was instantly accepted! People believe what they want and are burying their heads in the sand if they think this is all just paper talk. Obviously with all that said, I hope we manage to convince Jack to stick around for at least another year

Have they actually said we'll sell for £100 million? 

I've never seen that. I've seen people report the interest but not state that villa would accept it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Holy trinity sums it up very well....Jack is central to our project, its not as simple as a run o' mill transfer.

He is more than just a player, He is an icon and I would suspect, he will have a role at Villa way after his playing days are over.....this could be a life time career.

This is more likely then anything else, we are a pro active club now and not the reactive dinosaur that almost went extinct. 

Issues like this will be planned for as will many other aspects of our operation, he is the face of the club and integral to what NWSE already have in motion.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Well.......no. It's subscriber-based, so clickbait would make little sense

They still want people to read something though. It doesn't have to be clickbait. Newspapers were chatting shit about transfers (and other things) before the internet existed because it helped them sell their product.

There's probably only 3 people who have any idea of what type of money we'd want for Grealish, and that's NSWE and Purslow. Everything else is just completely made up imo. If Man City haven't even approached Villa yet or begun negotiations to try and sign him, how is there even a value of what it would cost to buy him out there? 

For all we know they might not sell him for a penny less than £150m. 

Edited by PieFacE

Greg Evans says new signings told Grealish is staying

The Athletic‘s Gregg Evans has dropped a major Aston Villa update on the club’s summer transfer plans, including some news on the future of Jack Grealish amid speculation linking him with Manchester City.

Reports in recent days have suggested that the Premier League champions are preparing an offer for the 25-year-old after the conclusion of Euro 2020 this summer, while Dean Smith’s side have already completed the signings of Emi Buendia and Ashley Young.

Evans has now delivered an update on where things stand with Villa’s work in the transfer market, even suggesting that new signings are being told of Grealish staying at the club.

Two different Athletic reporters saying different things. Covering bases?

Edited by NeilS

Gabby is very close to Jack and if he’s saying a deal could be done, and might be done this Summer then he’s probably off. 

I just hope we get 120m for him. Anything less and I’ll feel we’ve been had. Whatever Kane is worth, Jack is worth. He’s younger, better looking, better at football and he’s worth millions in a marketing capacity. 

I’ll be devastated if he leaves. 

• Like 1

Â