The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

And how do you know he won't be pissed off at being denied this chance?

He could of gone to spurs, could of gone anytime and even said he thought he was off at one point a couple seasons ago and he just got on with it like the professional he is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He could of gone to spurs, could of gone anytime and even said he thought he was off at one point a couple seasons ago and he just got on with it like the professional he is.

I have to say he's probably over the moon he didn't move to Spuds, career suicide that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Leaving us 9 months after signing a 5 year contract would be Delph level snakeness. 

Absolute madness.

He'd go down hugely in my estimation if he tried to force a move, but he won't. If he leaves it'll be because the club have agreed a price for which they think they can improve the team more than having Jack in it. I won't be pleased to see him go, but it'd be absolutely nothing like professing his commitment to the club then bailing a week later. 

• Like 2

Let's hope your all right then and his love for villa trump's wanting to win something.

There is an alternative solution here..how much to poach guardiola? 🤣

Edited by Pissflaps
  • Haha 2

Its almost a certainty that he would never down tools. Just wouldn’t

That coupled with the exposure our club will now get, the endorsements and commercial value attached to Jack, being signed on for a further 4 years leads to only one scenario for me: Press conference with Purslow stating NOT FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE. There’s nothing anyone can do about that. Thats how a big club would act. Thats what we’re striving to get back towards. Thats what ultimately I think should and will happen.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its almost a certainty that he would never down tools. Just wouldn’t

That coupled with the exposure our club will now get, the endorsements and commercial value attached to Jack, being signed on for a further 4 years leads to only one scenario for me: Press conference with Purslow stating NOT FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE. There’s nothing anyone can do about that. Thats how a big club would act. Thats what we’re striving to get back towards. Thats what ultimately I think should and will happen.

Let's hope that happens, well I doubt a press conference would happen, that would be weird. But a line in an interview saying as such maybe.

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Exactly. These people would seemingly turn down a better job for 4x the salary and much better job satisfaction prospects to stay in the job at the place they learned their trade.

After all basically this is the choice Grealish has.  It's a job. He doesn't love villa like we do. It may hurt people to read it but it's a job to him first and foremost.

I think the other thing to consider is if he likes being the billy big bollocks, centre of everything at Villa, and I think there's a good chance he does, or if he wants to play with a better team.

Football isn't like a normal job, but I've been in the position of being the lynchpin of a team, and it can be nice to feel so critical, but ultimately I got fed up of working with people who were so far off my pace and sacked it in to go and work with better people who made my life easier.

I wouldn't blame him one bit if after he takes a ball down out of the air like it's magic, plays a great pass to someone only to see them completely **** it up again, he sometimes thinks "I can do better than this".

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I think the other thing to consider is if he likes being the billy big bollocks, centre of everything at Villa, and I think there's a good chance he does, or if he wants to play with a better team.

Football isn't like a normal job, but I've been in the position of being the lynchpin of a team, and it can be nice to feel so critical, but ultimately I got fed up of working with people who were so far off my pace and sacked it in to go and work with better people who made my life easier.

I wouldn't blame him one bit if after he takes a ball down out of the air like it's magic, plays a great pass to someone only to see them completely **** it up again, he sometimes thinks "I can do better than this".

Yup and if he wants to fulfill his career at this moment in time, won't do that here. The team is not good enough. It may be in 4/5 years but by then he is 30.

Edited by Pissflaps
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I have to say he's probably over the moon he didn't move to Spuds, career suicide that

Yeah exactly and things for all we know could change rapidly at these so called big 6 clubs as we've seen with Arsenal because of how they are run. Run on the old ways and high wages doesn't mean your run right at all does it.

Jack's not stupid, he knows what's right for him and what's not and what's right for him I'd bet is staying at the club he's captain for and where things are being built correctly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its almost a certainty that he would never down tools. Just wouldn’t.

No he wouldn't. I'm not saying Jack would be like this as he's a much more driven person, but not downing tools doesn't mean your motivation is the same. I'm sure David de Gea has been depressed ever since that fax machine didn't work! Having to stay in rainy Manchester over sunny Madrid. His form has fallen off a cliff the last few seasons. Like I say not saying for one second this would be the same for Jack.

Edited by Tom13

Just think how big the news will be if/when he signs that new contract. We would have KO the current Premier League champions, we would be seen as THE ambitious, go-to club in English football! Showing we aren't going to bullied by one of the super league clubs! We are here to compete & win! Come on Jack, give back to the club! Become a true icon.

City followers hate us after the Barry move and the waving of fake cash (🤣), why play for that lot? They detest Brummie Villa supporters, and lets be honest we detest their club in return. You wouldn't be loved there, only tolerated until the next mercenary shows up!  Sign the deal Jack! Get the monopoly money celebration going at VP against those clowns.  It is Villa's time now!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Absolute madness.

He'd go down hugely in my estimation if he tried to force a move, but he won't. If he leaves it'll be because the club have agreed a price for which they think they can improve the team more than having Jack in it. I won't be pleased to see him go, but it'd be absolutely nothing like professing his commitment to the club then bailing a week later. 

It would be worse, one of own signing a 5 year contract 9 months ago knowing big interest would happen this summer. We progressed as well as he and Dean thought we would and then he bailed.  You almost expect it from somebody not a Villa fan also but from a Villa fan would be worse in my eyes.  

If city come in with a bid that is acceptable to Villa, he will of course go. I think there's a couple of hurdles before that though. 

1. Villa offer him a bumper contract.

2. If he doesn't accept, we'll want 120m+ or no deal

3. City have to agree to pay it.

If none of those happen I think Jack will stay and get his head down.

Once in a generation player and the best player in the league for me, but if it does come to it and we begrudgingly accept a monster fee, I'm still confident of being a better team than next season either way.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Can't understand people who wouldn't blame Jack for leaving, he owes us nothing etc

He bloody does owe us as much as we owe him.

I hate every team but Villa and if Jack goes to a competitor, I want them and as a consequence Jack to fail.

I want Jack to succeed and I want it to be at Villa. NWSE are doing everything in their considerable power to help us succeed, 

Makes no sense, it's all bullsh1t media and clubs sniffing, not bidding, nah, he's staying, end of.

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

• Like 2

My thoughts are, and they're just guesswork, but he'll stay for the coming season. 

Reasons - we're improving and while we continue to improve I think he'll want to be here. I think he'll want to play in front of a packed VP again. All he does is talk about how much the club means to him and how he loves it here. I think as others have said, if we stagnate and don't improve, then I could see him leaving then. 

He's said he wants to play in the Champions league etc - who doesn't? Does't mean it has to be next season with Citeh. Could be with us in a couple of years. He's 25 and in the England team and becoming a superstar. His career is gong in the right direction - he doesn't need to force a move to get any more exposure. He could negotiate his contract with us. 

I think losing Jack would have an impact on who we could attract. Would JWP want to come? ESR (however unlikely we are to sign him) looks up to Jack - would he leave his boyhood club if we sold him? Would Tammy come back if he was sold? They're just examples but I think a huge part of selling us to players is Jack being here. 

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It would be worse, one of own signing a 5 year contract 9 months ago knowing big interest would happen this summer. We progressed as well as he and Dean thought we would and then he bailed.  You almost expect it from somebody not a Villa fan also but from a Villa fan would be worse in my eyes.  

He might have signed the contract with the understanding he could leave in 12 months? Meaning that we get a bumper pay day. 

That being said, Citeh can't afford both Kane and Jack and a striker is a bigger need for them. 

12 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Yup and if he wants to fulfill his career at this moment in time, won't do that here. The team is my good enough. It may be in 4/5 years but by then he is 30.

Leicester weren’t a team full of £250k pw  Billy big spuds players when they won the league either, but did it anyway. We’re 2-3 players away from a team that can beat anyone in the prem’, imo. The key is consistency, and that comes down to players and coaching.

I don’t agree Jack can only reach his goals at another club, or that we’re five years away from competing at the top. That’s 1-2 seasons max with the right additions, imo. 

• Like 3

Â