The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think you'll find your the strange one on here with your attitude of supporting an explayer playing in another clubs shirt after leaving us shortly (9 months) signing a 5 year deal.  We may clap or boo him on his return with the other team but actually supporting him playing at Man City, I'd be surprised if the majority will be on your side with that.  The best you'll get is people watching his career but supporting, then no...

It's not just any player, it's a special player who's given us a hell of a lot. Comes with maturity I guess 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

And you honestly believe we will put our most value asset in the reserves if he doesn't play ? In what situation would that help. If he is not putting in the effort as a result of not being allowed to leave what's the point of keeping an pissed off surly player?

Look I know your generally a positive and happy poster, seeing the positive outcomes which I enjoy and value, but sometimes you have to see the realistic situation that is currently there that are based on historical facts. Which I believe is what I have outlined. As much as I actually want you to be right, nothing would make me happier, I just can't see given everything how this can play out to end the way you are assuming.

And do you believe if we declined Jack a move he would behave like that, he's professional enough and you should know this that Jack would never do what you suggested.

Simply put Jack would be happy to just kick the damn ball for Villa, he has always been that way.

Edited by Dave-R

57 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree, I dont understand why this isnt the end of the story.  We know Jack wont down tools.

ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

End of story!

To be fair mate, if we wants to go, I almost don't want him 🤷🏾.

Aside from that, would like this sorted one way or another, it's not fair on us.

Holds and messes with alot of things in the balance. Transfer strategy etc.

Then again, as sources closest to the club have said, the strategy revolves around Jack staying.

These reports ( whether true or not ) messes with us in a multitude of ways. It wouldn't surprise me if a couple of targets will see reports and say " But I thought he was staying " etc. Possibly even delay dealings as they might want guarantees.

21 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

He already did the dirty on Ireland so he has form which leads me to believe he will jump ship but I hope I'm wrong! 

I might be wrong but I get the impression, Jack is more Villa than he is/was Irish.  😀

Edited by Villa_Vids

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's not just any player, it's a special player who's given us a hell of a lot. Comes with maturity I guess 🤷‍♂️

But it would be a special one that chose winning trophies and playing in the Champions League with a club that means nothing to him over captaining the club he adores and bringing that club back to where they should be. If he chose the former over the latter then I don't see why we should have any interest in what he does next. No matter how special he is, he'd be no different to any other player, in my opinion.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Out of interest, have we given this " special player " anything? 🤔. Or has he done this all on his own?

• Like 3

I feel if Grealish was leaving it would have happened by now. Reports saying Man City will wait till after the Euros to make a bid…well that’s too bloody late in my opinion. It will be less than a month till the season starts at that point and I don’t feel like the club management will choose to disadvantage ourselves like that for the new season. 

If Grealish was leaving it should have been agreed week 1 in the window so we can prepare. Purslow doesn’t seem the type to let things things drift and happen outside of our control, and we all know we don’t need the cash. Therefore I think there’s nothing in these rumours. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair mate, if we wants to go, I almost don't want him 🤷🏾.

Aside from that, would like this sorted one way or another, it's not fair on us.

Holds and messes with alot of things in the balance. Transfer strategy etc.

Then again, as sources closest to the club have said, the strategy revolves around Jack staying.

These reports ( whether true or not ) messes with us in a multitude of ways. It wouldn't surprise me if a couple of targets will see reports and say " But I thought he was staying " etc. Possibly even delay dealings as they might want guarantees.

Nick mate, it gets sorted every time he signs a new contract and then when season ends we arrive back at all this media BullCrap and everyone going bananas over him Leaving.

Personally myself I'll choose to not believe Jack is going untill I see him in a City or whatever shirt, till there's confirmation of his exit by our club.

If that happens then I'll wish him best and hope we can still progress, but I do believe Jack is staying and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Out of interest, have we given this " special player " anything? 🤔. Or has he done this all on his own?

Well you don't give players contracts for fun, you give them contracts because of what they can do for you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

For all we know is that if that all that happens for Jack because he stayed at Villa in his career, then he could of been the happiest man on earth and feel blessed that his life was with Villa and no where else.

I myself (putting Jack to the side), if I'd of ever got the chance to play for Villa, I would of chose my life there regardless of trophys. If I could of helped to bring glory days to Villa or been apart of title wins, promotions, Europe or whatever, then I'd of Glady had a life at the club I support.If I couldnt win trophys, then I would go on to reflect what life could of been like if I'd of chose to move on from Villa. No money on earth for me would ever be able to come in between me and staying at Villa. Sure having a sweet wage helps however When your a footballer and player at the same time you can easily balance that type of life between fan and player life. When your in the same league as those going to Europe and your a possible season or couple away from being apart of it yourself, why would you move on, all to get it abit earlier when things feel right where your at now?

Let's be realistic Jack leaving he wouldn't be captain of City, he wouldn't be inspiration like he is for many at Villa who play aside by him at Villa, he'd be a wasted away rotation player for at least half a season or longer. I'd go as far to say if Jack left it may have a negative affect on some of the youth players, it would trickle down. Jack at Villa does more for Villa than many of us even realise the affect he has here.

He got assaulted on the pitch by a nose, he scored the winner at the same game. Came off the pitch and said it was the best day of his life.

Lifted the play off final trophy and said he wants more. He wants to do it with Villa.

Why would he swap that for rotation and being up north

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Spot on. Clearly the club are doing all they can to keep him, if he goes, he turns his back on all of us. I am not going to be so grateful to be re-established as mid-table for a season. Truth is, if he goes this summer. He jumped at the first test of loyalty, mid story. Full stop. I am not buying into this narrative that he is a club legend, yet.

He was part of the team that stunk out the Premier League, that twice failed to gain promotion from the Championship, and the person that the club stood by after a series off-the-field embarrassments. His, and more importantly our, fortunes only improved when NSWE arrived. The team and club have been heavily and smartly invested in. Everything has been built around him. Every promise made by NSWE has be delivered so far. We have given him the stage to shine. Perhaps it is time for him to show a little humility, gratitude and loyalty for that.  

Although I am a football fan, above all I am a Villa fan. I would watch him the same I watch KDB, Kante, Messi et al,. I am not going to become like some moron blose fan, cheering him winning the CL with some other club. 'Our Jack done me proud'. He goes 'Our Jack' is dead to me until he retires.

Very well said.

If we had accepted a bid for him before NSWE took over and he reluctantly left us because he knew that the transfer fee would have saved the club then I could understand and applaud that.

If he leave us now as we are seriously improving in every single aspect of the club on and off the pitch and have owners who are deadly serious about getting us to the very top then he can quite frankly "do one". He'd be no more special than anyone else whose left us over the years.

Don't throw what you've got away, Jack. The grass is not always greener.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah sure if that’s what you believe, I was just thinking the same about you.  I guess we aren’t going to agree.

9 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Spot on. Clearly the club are doing all they can to keep him, if he goes, he turns his back on all of us. I am not going to be so grateful to be re-established as mid-table for a season. Truth is, if he goes this summer. He jumped at the first test of loyalty, mid story. Full stop. I am not buying into this narrative that he is a club legend, yet.

He was part of the team that stunk out the Premier League, that twice failed to gain promotion from the Championship, and the person that the club stood by after a series off-the-field embarrassments. His, and more importantly our, fortunes only improved when NSWE arrived. The team and club have been heavily and smartly invested in. Everything has been built around him. Every promise made by NSWE has be delivered so far. We have given him the stage to shine. Perhaps it is time for him to show a little humility, gratitude and loyalty for that.  

Although I am a football fan, above all I am a Villa fan. I would watch him the same I watch KDB, Kante, Messi et al,. I am not going to become like some moron blose fan, cheering him winning the CL with some other club. 'Our Jack done me proud'. He goes 'Our Jack' is dead to me until he retires.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

It's strange, I don't actually panic about the fact that Jack might leave. I appreciate him so much as a player, that I do think he deserves to play on a bigger stage.

Obviously, it will be gutting for us not being able to watch a player of his quality week in week out, but I'd be excited to see where his career can go.

I think about all the players I've watched over the years (not just Villa)...Jack would probably be my number one favourite to watch, because of the combination of all his attributes, and his personality on the pitch. So of course I would miss him, but he does belong to the elite level.

Yes… He belongs to the elite level…

Now it’s just a case of getting the clubs profile back up and that level of player coming to us…

So the elite level wear claret and blue and a Villa badge…

Not signing 5 year contracts and jumping ship the first chance of an offer from Saudi oil princes coming in less than a year later…

If he leaves for another club in England while we are continually improving (as was the vision that was sold to him that convinced him to sign aforementioned 5 year contract 11 months ago)… and he wears their shirt and their badge?

I will wish him luck with the customary “Break a leg”

but I’ll actually **** hope it happens…

Both of them…

on his first day of training…

Slipping on a crisp wrapper…

Im not a football fan and I couldn’t give a shit about the England team…

Im a Villa fan… and anything to disadvantage the opposition… up to and including career ending injuries… I support wholeheartedly…

If he isn’t playing for us, he is playing against us… and all love and respect for him is gone…

Unless he leaves under the 3 aforementioned circumstances I mentioned before

Â