The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Jim white , name your dodgy source or step down ! we all knew he was full of **** before yesterday but this really has made him look pathetic

He has already stepped down from the SSN for some reason, just doing radio now. Maybe he don't want to tell us these bullshit stories face to face anymore.

On another note, even though we generally don't pay huge salaries, I think Jack now pays for himself with the football he produces and the commercial side of it. So to give him a 200k a week contract would not have a negative impact on our financials.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

So far, Grealish has had no chance to leave Villa because we've never accepted a bid for him. If he does go this summer then he has technically left us at the first chance he got. It also wouldn't be like Milner and Young, who left us as we were on a decline. This would be him leaving us as we are seriously showing signs of getting to where we should be. We aren't a go nowhere club anymore. We have every chance of doing something really special. If Grealish is happy to throw that away just for some trophies with a club who means nothing to him then I literally could not care less what he does in his career.

Aside from, you know, that time we were around 2 days away from administration and EVEN THEN was pretty reluctant to leave but was resigned to doing so as it would have saved the club. 

What a load of absolute shite mate sry. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

He has a different slant I may have phrased that badly. What I mean is, he is a footballer therefore any relationship to a club can and most often trumped by desire to win. Unless your someone like Le Tissier who wouldn't take the risk to try and test himself at a better side for example. More often than not the player will leave to achieve their career goals. Villa cannot offer that to Grealish, sadly Man City can.

Depends what his main motivator is. And given his comments yesterday that would indicate playing in the Champions League.

but the slant is different again.  he's earning 120k, playing for his boyhood club, going towards the top end of the biggest league in the world, is on the international stage, the captain and star player for his boyhood club....doing what his childhood dreams dreamed about.  It's completely different from you or I, plus I have turned down a better job with more money because I was happy with my current job and people I worked with and I am an incredibly ambitious person but I could see a bit more experience with the team i had and enjoying work would benefit me more than jumping straight into a higher job.  It worked out well because a year later I got a bigger promotion.

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The 6 sides trying to form the ESL all should have incurred a transfer ban for at least a year. Would have given the other 14 a chance to pick off the better talent on the market and also evened things up a little. Then the Prem would be much more of a “super league”.

But no, just a pathetic slap on the wrist and then the same people condemning those clubs telling everyone how they should take clubs’ best players

That's because they know the premier league need them more than they need the premier league. Those teams run the league not tye premier league board.

Just now, Steero113 said:

Aside from, you know, that time we were around 2 days away from administration and EVEN THEN was pretty reluctant to leave but was resigned to doing so as it would have saved the club. 

Disagree, I agree with the other poster

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

His being a fan of villa cannot be intertwined with the desire of his career. He will prioritize his career goals over being a fan of villa. Surely you can accept that is not unreasonable?

To clarify I hate it and want him to stay but some people really really need to take those tinted specs off here.

Tbh it doesn't matter what he wants or what his priorities are. Unless he throws a hissy fit and refuses to play we aren't selling and we probably will never sell.

City can offer us 500 million and I'd still tell them to do one. 

13 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

That's fine if you feel that way and good for you, not blaming you. But for me I see it this way; I have literally zero interest in football. I don't watch games as a neutral. I only watch Villa and am only interested in Villa. I have absolutely not the tiniest bit of interest in any other club. I have even less interest in any of the Scum 6 clubs who tried to destroy our football pyramid. If our prized asset were to join one of those clubs then there is no way I'd be excited to see where he goes. I'd go as far to say that I'd only see him play twice a season; against Villa.

So far, Grealish has had no chance to leave Villa because we've never accepted a bid for him. If he does go this summer then he has technically left us at the first chance he got. It also wouldn't be like Milner and Young, who left us as we were on a decline. This would be him leaving us as we are seriously showing signs of getting to where we should be. We aren't a go nowhere club anymore. We have every chance of doing something really special. If Grealish is happy to throw that away just for some trophies with a club who means nothing to him then I literally could not care less what he does in his career.

Milner leaving is what caused our clubs decline. 

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Did we ever accept a bid for him?

• Like 2

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Milner leaving is what caused our clubs decline. 

No, Lerner losing interest and not being willing/able to put the money in did. Losing one player does not cause a team to decline like we did.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You're a strange one mate

I think you'll find your the strange one on here with your attitude of supporting an explayer playing in another clubs shirt after leaving us shortly (9 months) signing a 5 year deal.  We may clap or boo him on his return with the other team but actually supporting him playing at Man City, I'd be surprised if the majority will be on your side with that.  The best you'll get is people watching his career but supporting, then no...

• Like 2

Just now, Okonokos said:

No, Lerner losing interest and not being willing/able to put the money in did. Losing one player does not cause a team to decline like we did.

Selling Milner is what caused O'Neil to leave us in the lurch.

And it really did. He was our best player obviously and losing him destroyed the team. We went from top 6 to relegation battle. 

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The 6 sides trying to form the ESL all should have incurred a transfer ban for at least a year. Would have given the other 14 a chance to pick off the better talent on the market and also evened things up a little. Then the Prem would be much more of a “super league”.

But no, just a pathetic slap on the wrist and then the same people condemning those clubs telling everyone how they should take clubs’ best players

Just goes to show that there is corruption up and down football.

Bury fans lose the club they love because the owners couldn't afford to run it. Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Luton, Rotherham, Bournemouth just off the top of my head all got punished for having financial difficulties. Even Blues got punished for signing a new left back that took them over their FFP limit. As much as we hate them, was their punishment really deserved.

Yet we get these load of scumbags who were willing and ready to rip up 150 years of footballing history in the first and greatest football league system and create a new closed shop competition and they get precisely what punishment? It's infuriating and sad and exactly why I have no interest in football outside of Villa.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbh it doesn't matter what he wants or what his priorities are. Unless he throws a hissy fit and refuses to play we aren't selling and we probably will never sell.

City can offer us 500 million and I'd still tell them to do one. 

So we keep a clearly pissed of player and risk affecting the morale in the dressing room for 4 more years? You honestly believe that? And no I don't mean he refuses to play. I mean he may never be at the level of 100% effort as he would serious harbor a grudge at that point surely.

To clarify once again.I am sure villa don't want to sell. But again contracts are worth nothing in football. So if he wants to leave we will sell him for the most money we can get.

Of course there is a small chance he think we can get into Europe in the next year or two and may stay and leave at around age 27. I would say out of the two options, now is his time, his stock has never been higher and this would be his perfect time to move.

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Selling Milner is what caused O'Neil to leave us in the lurch.

And it really did. He was our best player obviously and losing him destroyed the team. We went from top 6 to relegation battle. 

O'Neill left because he found out that Lerner had no interest in re-investing the Milner money or any other money for that matter. He threw his toys out of the pram but the reason we declined was solely because Lerner couldn't or wouldn't invest any more.

13 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Wouldn’t ever say I support another club or another player but I would still want the best for him, same as I have enjoyed James Milner having a good career.

FWIW I agree with you he’ll stay but if Jack’s Villa story is he got us promoted, got us to two cup finals and two play-off finals, kept us up, helped establish us back in midtable and then earns us a record fee then he’ll have done a decent job and I’ll hope he continues to thrive while still mostly hating every other club.

For all we know is that if that all that happens for Jack because he stayed at Villa in his career, then he could of been the happiest man on earth and feel blessed that his life was with Villa and no where else.

I myself (putting Jack to the side), if I'd of ever got the chance to play for Villa, I would of chose my life there regardless of trophys. If I could of helped to bring glory days to Villa or been apart of title wins, promotions, Europe or whatever, then I'd of Glady had a life at the club I support.If I couldnt win trophys, then I would go on to reflect what life could of been like if I'd of chose to move on from Villa. No money on earth for me would ever be able to come in between me and staying at Villa. Sure having a sweet wage helps however When your a footballer and player at the same time you can easily balance that type of life between fan and player life. When your in the same league as those going to Europe and your a possible season or couple away from being apart of it yourself, why would you move on, all to get it abit earlier when things feel right where your at now?

Let's be realistic Jack leaving he wouldn't be captain of City, he wouldn't be inspiration like he is for many at Villa who play aside by him at Villa, he'd be a wasted away rotation player for at least half a season or longer. I'd go as far to say if Jack left it may have a negative affect on some of the youth players, it would trickle down. Jack at Villa does more for Villa than many of us even realise the affect he has here.

Â