The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Exactly. These people would seemingly turn down a better job for 4x the salary and much better job satisfaction prospects to stay in the job at the place they learned their trade.

After all basically this is the choice Grealish has.  It's a job. He doesn't love villa like we do. It may hurt people to read it but it's a job to him first and foremost.

Personally, if I had the choice of earning a billion pounds doing something I had an emotional connection to, and 4 billion pounds doing something I didn’t, I’d choose the former.

Obviously depends on the person, but there’s an amount of money where it stops mattering and for me that is somewhere between what I earn now and what footballers earn.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Of course I think he's torn, I get that 100%. But when it's 50/50 how can you say he's definitely going to stay? If he was sure about staying at Villa he would have come out and said he's never leaving.

He is a huge fan of football, and I think he likes the limelight a little bit as well. A big move to an elite club will be hugely appealing for him, and I think it will tempt him to go. That's my opinion, I'm not sure how you can laugh it off.

I’m 100% sure because unless he down tools our owners won’t even contemplate letting him go.  If it’s 50/50 in Jacks mind then he isn’t going to down tools is he? ergo he isn’t leaving.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Jack doesn’t love Villa like we do. Are you sure?

His being a fan of villa cannot be intertwined with the desire of his career. He will prioritize his career goals over being a fan of villa. Surely you can accept that is not unreasonable?

To clarify I hate it and want him to stay but some people really really need to take those tinted specs off here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I agree with your conclusion but not your working… I think he DOES love Villa like we do but that also, yes, it’s a job - and I don’t choose to do my job at Villa (I couldn’t be a player sadly but there are accountants at Villa, lawyers, staff, etc etc - any of us could be applying for jobs there if we wanted). He will always be a fan but his career choice might still be to do something else.

I think he’s staying though unless City offer something ridiculous. And let’s not forget what is being talked about is already a British record so they might do that I guess.

Must love Villa to train the way he does so he can do the job he can do.

I mean he sleeps at the training facility, yes it's being prepared and its commitment but you wouldn't go to those lengths of you didn't love the club your under.

Bet he don't go sleeping at City's training Facilities if he moves on over, I'll say if and I mean a massive planetary size if.

You just get the sense from Jack that he's that die hard fan of his club who's commitment goes beyond the normal commitment to being some type of person who's determined to see Villa win the league or win the champions League. I always feel from Jack that even if he couldn't make that happen in his lifetime that he will of at least been happy he took the club to where he could aid them in getting to and if nothing were won his time at the club and devotion would of show how much of a Villa fanatic he is.

I think that how you can Label Grealish a Villa Fanatic right??

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Jesus. Accusing me of being a plastic fan because I think Jack might leave...that's the world we live in pal...at 44 you should know this by now.

No I said this is what plastic fans do, support an explayer playing in another clubs shirt as you said

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

His being a fan of villa cannot be intertwined with the desire of his career. He will prioritize his career goals over being a fan of villa. Surely you can accept that is not unreasonable?

To clarify I hate it and want him to stay but some people really really need to take those tinted specs off here.

Did you ring him and ask him that? 

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I don’t agree

14 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Exactly. These people would seemingly turn down a better job for 4x the salary and much better job satisfaction prospects to stay in the job at the place they learned their trade.

After all basically this is the choice Grealish has.  It's a job. He doesn't love villa like we do. It may hurt people to read it but it's a job to him first and foremost.

Reports are that we want to offer him upwards of 200,000 per week, are City going to be offering him 800 k?

And to the second bolded bit, that would mean we've all been sold a false narrative, and probably make it even more sickening for me.

In reality, he should actually love Villa even more than we do, based on his history and family allegiance.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

No I said this is what plastic fans do, support an explayer playing in another clubs shirt as you said

I wouldn't necessarily want that club to be successful, but I would want Jack to be, yes.

I’m sure Grealish does love Villa as much as the rest of us, but his career is really short and someone of his ability deserves to be winning things.

Hopefully that’s with us in the next couple of years but you can’t begrudge him a move after all he has done to help us get to where we are now. Certainly can’t compare him to Delph who jumped at the earliest opportunity and acted like a prick.

I still think that next summer will be the one where he could go depending on how next season plays out. I just have a feeling that he’ll be asked for “one more year” for us to prove our ambitions as a top 6 team and hopefully get somewhere near that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Did you ring him and ask him that? 

No what's your point? Do you think he is going to stay here and not play at the level he stated yesterday he wants to play at? 

He can literally ensure he can by going to Oil City. Villa cannot offer it him. So again  why would he stay?

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Wouldn’t ever say I support another club or another player but I would still want the best for him, same as I have enjoyed James Milner having a good career.

FWIW I agree with you he’ll stay but if Jack’s Villa story is he got us promoted, got us to two cup finals and two play-off finals, kept us up, helped establish us back in midtable and then earns us a record fee then he’ll have done a decent job and I’ll hope he continues to thrive while still mostly hating every other club.

Absolutely this. But if he stays all the better. Despite the Totti emulation, if Jack doesn't win anything in his career that would be a massive shame. He deserves it, and he's been pretty heroic for us over the last three years.

Edited by Rolta

18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah, I appreciate him too much as a player. I'd obviously care for him more in an England shirt than his club shirt though.

That's fine if you feel that way and good for you, not blaming you. But for me I see it this way; I have literally zero interest in football. I don't watch games as a neutral. I only watch Villa and am only interested in Villa. I have absolutely not the tiniest bit of interest in any other club. I have even less interest in any of the Scum 6 clubs who tried to destroy our football pyramid. If our prized asset were to join one of those clubs then there is no way I'd be excited to see where he goes. I'd go as far to say that I'd only see him play twice a season; against Villa.

So far, Grealish has had no chance to leave Villa because we've never accepted a bid for him. If he does go this summer then he has technically left us at the first chance he got. It also wouldn't be like Milner and Young, who left us as we were on a decline. This would be him leaving us as we are seriously showing signs of getting to where we should be. We aren't a go nowhere club anymore. We have every chance of doing something really special. If Grealish is happy to throw that away just for some trophies with a club who means nothing to him then I literally could not care less what he does in his career.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Jack doesn’t love Villa like we do. Are you sure?

He has a different slant I may have phrased that badly. What I mean is, he is a footballer therefore any relationship to a club can and most often trumped by desire to win. Unless your someone like Le Tissier who wouldn't take the risk to try and test himself at a better side for example. More often than not the player will leave to achieve their career goals. Villa cannot offer that to Grealish, sadly Man City can.

Depends what his main motivator is. And given his comments yesterday that would indicate playing in the Champions League.

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

So far, Grealish has had no chance to leave Villa because we've never accepted a bid for him. If he does go this summer then he has technically left us at the first chance he got. It also wouldn't be like Milner and Young, who left us as we were on a decline. This would be him leaving us as we are seriously showing signs of getting to where we should be. We aren't a go nowhere club anymore. We have every chance of doing something really special. If Grealish is happy to throw that away just for some trophies with a club who means nothing to him then I literally could not care less what he does in his career.

100 percent this imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The 6 sides trying to form the ESL all should have incurred a transfer ban for at least a year. Would have given the other 14 a chance to pick off the better talent on the market and also evened things up a little. Then the Prem would be much more of a “super league”.

But no, just a pathetic slap on the wrist and then the same people condemning those clubs telling everyone how they should take clubs’ best players

• Like 1

Â