The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Really? If he's not playing for us then I couldn't be less excited to see where his career goes if I tried.

Completely agree!!! He’d been in the same category as the snake Delph.  Sign a 5 year contract and then leaves after 9 months…he’d be a punk then and never a hero

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah, I appreciate him too much as a player. I'd obviously care for him more in an England shirt than his club shirt though.

What a load of tosh!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What a bizarre take.

Almost Like, I love my mrs but if a more attractive bloke comes along and they want to have sex then that’s fine, she deserves sex with a better looking man.  No, she made her bed, she signed the marriage contract, she’s stuck with me 😂

Yeah just like that pal.

People who think Jack will want to stay are being naive. Would you want to keep a player who doesn't want to be here?

Yeah just like that pal.

People who think Jack will want to stay are being naive. Would you want to keep a player who doesn't want to be here?

Exactly. These people would seemingly turn down a better job for 4x the salary and much better job satisfaction prospects to stay in the job at the place they learned their trade.

After all basically this is the choice Grealish has.  It's a job. He doesn't love villa like we do. It may hurt people to read it but it's a job to him first and foremost.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

No club will firm up their interest in a player (let alone for £100m) without being pretty certain the player wants to come

Of course of Villa accepted a bid from probably the side team in the world he would want to go.

That doesn’t mean he wants to leave Villa.

I love my car. If someone offered me a Lambo for the right price, I’d consider taking it. Still love my car and happy with it if it doesn’t happen.

It's the self perpetuating, revenue generating, click making story of the summer. The more people that click, the more stories get written, the more stories that are written, the more people are interviewed, the more people are interviewed, the more people comment on the interview and it all spirals upwards in a big hurricane of hot air and speculation.

It is the job of the media to create this wildfire of speculation, it has nothing to do with journalism or news. There has been nothing credible reported on this transfer yet at all. Not one single source that would have reasonable expectation of knowing anything outside of public knowledge.

If I was Pep I would want to buy him too. Desiring something and making it happen are 2 wildly different things. 

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Completely agree!!! He’d been in the same category as the snake Delph.  Sign a 5 year contract and then leaves after 9 months…he’d be a punk then and never a hero

In fairness Delph left after 6 days 😂 

I think Jack is different he could have,easily left us in 2018 or 2020 but stayed on and got us promoted and established us as a Premier League team. 2018 Jack leaves them Tammy doesnt come in and we are probably still in The Championship 

• Like 1

Yeah just like that pal.

But we know he does. Whether he does move to City or stays here his heart will be 50/50 either way.  If you don’t think a large part of him wants to stay then that’s surreal to me because Jack like me would’ve grown up wanting to play for Aston Villa.  That’s it!  Not growing up playing for Villa and then move to another club as soon as he’s established.  If you don’t get that then you don’t get Jack or thousands of Villa fans. His heart will be torn but I think he stays at Villa in the end.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah just like that pal.

He can simultaneously be happy at Villa and also be interested in the idea of playing for City.

This is such a dumb conversation.

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Exactly. These people would seemingly turn down a better job for 4x the salary and much better job satisfaction prospects to stay in the job at the place they learned their trade.

After all basically this is the choice Grealish has.  It's a job. He doesn't love villa like we do. It may hurt people to read it but it's a job to him first and foremost.

Um yes he literally does , he literally supports villa , the kid bleeds claret & Blue

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes yes, but he's not for sale. 

What part of this are our own fans not understanding? Blows my mind. 

Thanks Doug, thanks some common sense.

Jack could sign his soul to the devil to stay at villa in blood and some of this lot would still say he's leaving Villa.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How old are you?

Your comment was a child’s comment not a club fan comment.  It’s what I’ve seen from plastic fans who support 2 or 3 teams in the Premier League or who support players not clubs.  It’s bizarre and a load of tosh!

• Like 1

I may be totally naive but surely going to city to win games and win trophies is slightly hollow when the whole system is rigged towards that being the expectation. City already do all that so to join them and become part of it is just kinda sterile compared with doing something as truly unique, unexpected and special as winning a major trophy with villa.

Anyhoo, my prediction is that jack will be subbed on with 5 minutes to go against Germany and miss the decisive spot kick in the inevitable penalty shoot out.

Then,  everyone in the country will hate him again, the natural order will be restored and we can all go on with our lives

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I agree with your conclusion but not your working… I think he DOES love Villa like we do but that also, yes, it’s a job - and I don’t choose to do my job at Villa (I couldn’t be a player sadly but there are accountants at Villa, lawyers, staff, etc etc - any of us could be applying for jobs there if we wanted). He will always be a fan but his career choice might still be to do something else.

I think he’s staying though unless City offer something ridiculous. And let’s not forget what is being talked about is already a British record so they might do that I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

But we know he does. Whether he does move to City or stays here his heart will be 50/50 either way.  If you don’t think a large part of him wants to stay then that’s surreal to me because Jack like me would’ve grown up wanting to play for Aston Villa.  That’s it!  Not growing up playing for Villa and then move to another club as soon as he’s established.  If you don’t get that then you don’t get Jack or thousands of Villa fans. His heart will be torn but I think he stays at Villa in the end.

Of course I think he's torn, I get that 100%. But when it's 50/50 how can you say he's definitely going to stay? If he was sure about staying at Villa he would have come out and said he's never leaving.

He is a huge fan of football, and I think he likes the limelight a little bit as well. A big move to an elite club will be hugely appealing for him, and I think it will tempt him to go. That's my opinion, I'm not sure how you can laugh it off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Jack doesn’t love Villa like we do. Are you sure?

Just now, nick76 said:

Your comment was a child’s comment not a club fan comment.  It’s what I’ve seen from plastic fans who support 2 or 3 teams in the Premier League or who support players not clubs.  It’s bizarre and a load of tosh!

Jesus. Accusing me of being a plastic fan because I think Jack might leave...that's the world we live in pal...at 44 you should know this by now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I mean, how do you know? We don't personally know Jack Grealish and what's truly important to him. 

This goes both ways too. We've seen plenty of arguments about why Grealish should stay as well, but ultimately none of us know Grealish personally to say whether all these reasons matter to him as much as we think or want to think that they do.

Â