The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well doesn't that answer you alone, Villa will want way way to much and no way is any club going to meet 200 mill let's say because the Owners can set whatever the price they feel like setting whilever he's under contract.

It's not like he's going to be sold at the price City or whoever set as they come in with there first bid. City come in with 100, oh yeah let's just take the first thing that's offered, let's not even barter or price them out completely so a deal can't be done for Jack, just be happy with what they offer us is the message it seems.

All this media rubbish has got many of you panicking so much that all of a sudden it's like we don't have NSWE, Purslow or the team that has been built at Villa. It's like your living from days old and have not got to grips with these ace people who are in charge of Villa and really have done an ace job since arriving.

I have merely reported what Gabby said. I have no opinion either way as to whether it will happen or not, but it's definitely possible. People who think otherwise are wrong.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

I have merely reported what Gabby said. I have no opinion either way as to whether it will happen or not, but it's definitely possible. People who think otherwise are wrong.

That quote from Gabby seems a little out of context,

It’s no surprise that clubs like City are after him but Agbonlahor believes Villa hold the aces in this situation and should not let him go cheaply.

“I think he’s worth more. I’d say £120m,” Agbonlahor told The Sports Bar.

Villa are a club on the up but losing Grealish would be a big step back, unless they invested very well afterwards

“From a Villa point of view, he signed a five-year deal last summer. Villa’s owners don’t need the £100m – they’re loaded, they don’t need the money.

“They want to improve the squad. What losing him would mean for Aston Villa, they would want to be compensated for at least £120m.

“I’m looking at Harry Kane, he’s been at Spurs for so long. £120m is probably the right price for him as well.

“How many chances did Jack Grealish create last season? He was up there with top three, top four assists and he missed half the season.

City are also thought to be interested in signing Grealish’s England teammate Kane.

“He’s 25, how much did Kai Havertz join Chelsea for? How much did Philippe Coutinho leave Liverpool for?

“Man City have got the money, of course they have. Aston Villa will probably say ‘if you’re going to have him, it’s going to cost you, it’s going to cost you big time.’

“He deserves to play at that level but I’ve got my Villa head on and I don’t want him to go. You think Daniel Levy is going to make it easy for Harry Kane to leave? He’s going to want his full dough before he goes anywhere.

“If the money’s right the deal will happen. I think Jack will want to go, he’ll want to play under Pep but the money’s got to be what Aston Villa want.”

I think villa will hold firm, and Jack would be interested in going but won't force the issue.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You only have to see how Wes and whoever else got Giannis to stay and how much they poored into keeping him that you can believe Jack isn't going anywhere.

What was the dealaround 240 million dollars, what that work out to in our currency these days about 210 million pounds? 

I'm pretty sure if they felt Jack was worth keeping and gains of European football or a higher league position are likely all through the help of Jack staying about then they will throw whatever money they need to if they have to to keep Jack safely at VP.

I don't believe for one minute any club could bully our Owners, let alone prize him away, the only thing thatfinidhes Jack at Villa is if he says he wants to leave and I don't believe he will yet or in the new few years.

One thing stick out to me, why would you bloody signed a new contract, a five year one only to up and leave before the following season starts, you just wouldn't unless things went south big time.

American sports and football are not ran the same way. It's just not comparable. It's oddly much harder to force a move in American sports. Here all Grealish does is say I want to leave and that's it.

Then it's just a matter of haggling on price 

10 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

No it's not. Why is everyone in massive denial?

Beacsue the leaks apparently sourced from people that actually matter, like purslow, say its not happening 

Gabby knows next to **** all and his job is get bites and traffic on a national radio show 

I'd rather be in denial than believe him

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I agree there is always a possibility Lerner.

However there is just to much, way more that says he's staying compared to him leaving.

I certainly don't think anyone would sign a new 5 year contract only to then go and leave before the next season comes in, especially when we're making progress in who were bringing in to accompany Jack for next season.

I could imagine that everyone at Villa in charge is laughing at all this in the media, because the media in this country is full of shit. UK media somehow always make everyone feel as though they have the insider info on big moves and were going to lose our best player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

American sports and football are not ran the same way. It's just not comparable. It's oddly much harder to force a move in American sports. Here all Grealish does is say I want to leave and that's it.

Then it's just a matter of haggling on price 

You do know even if Grealish wants to move while ever he's under contract the club are not forced to sell, the Owners have him for years if they so desire.

Grealish if he was turned down a move as well would just get on with it and continue life at Villa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes I’d say we are but getting those players to join us is more difficult without him. Selling Jack sends out the wrong message.

Imagine we buy those players and keep Jack. Book The Town Hall! An Aston Villa that can build that kind of team, is the type of scenario that worries the “big six”. And Arsenal. 

4 unknown quantities in this league out of 5. Big risks. Doesn't make for a better team. Ask spurs after they sold bale,.of we got those players wrong.

If Grealish goes we would somehow have to replace him. If we get it wrong back to the relegation battle we go. And again I'm not being negative, i think that's relatively realistic and honest. Taking the claret and blue specs off.

If Gabby spoke to him yesterday (as Jack said in the England interview) and is saying on TS today that he'll want to go then it's happening imo.

Gabby talks a load of shit and I don't really like the guy but I don't think he'd do it with Jack and Villa at this point. I think he wants to go and has probably spoken to Jack to see how much he's allowed to say On the radio without frustrating Jack

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Beacsue the leaks apparently sourced from people that actually matter, like purslow, say its not happening 

Gabby knows next to **** all and his job is get bites and traffic on a national radio show 

Gabby speaks to Jack all the time though?Must be in the loop. They’re good mates and Jack said he spoke to him just yesterday as all this speculation was breaking 😆 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Jack admitted in an interview yesterday that he spoke to gabby earlier that day. 

so it’s fair to say that gabby knows stuff

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

If Gabby spoke to him yesterday (as Jack said in the England interview) and is saying on TS today that he'll want to go then it's happening imo.

Gabby talks a load of shit and I don't really like the guy but I don't think he'd do it with Jack and Villa at this point. I think he wants to go and has probably spoken to Jack to see how much he's allowed to say On the radio without frustrating Jack

TalkSport did not hire Gabby for his football insights. They hired him to be a troll and grab attention.

Just now, nepal_villan said:

TalkSport did not hire Gabby for his football insights. They hired him to be a troll and grab attention.

Yes. But Gabby usually trolls other teams by bigging Villa up (I.e. Leeds) He doesn't or not that I've seen, trolled Villa. 

Â