The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We can't replace him for any amount of money, we need to keep him, I'm sick of being a selling club, those days are gone, we have the financial clot now.

Do people think we can get the same calibre player as Jack with the money? I don't think we can, Jack is a genuine world class player, he should be playing champions League and he will be, with villa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

If we don't beat Germany, I think he has to admit himself, he has took us as far as he can. I would expect him to resign, an be honest with himself that he can do no more with this squad of world class players.

Apparently he's going to be offered a new contract till 2024

Jack is NOT going anywhere this summer.

Everyone here seems to acknowledge The Sun and Daily Mail are garbage Murdoch tabloid publications, yet when they say Jack’s going to City with NO evidence we end up talking about it for days.

Those publications have never broken a transfer story, and they’re certainly not starting by breaking the biggest one in English PL history.

Sick of the discussion, let’s all stop buying into their bull**** and they’ll stop. 

• Thanks 2

Jack seems to keep referencing players who have stayed at one club all their careers. He quite randomly spoke about Totti recently and just yesterday he was saying how iconic he though Gabby was and that he regularly speaks to him. People need to put two and two together and get to four, not some figure made up by the press. I’m sure the “Quite Big 6” have plenty of contacts in the press who are only too willing to help whatever agenda they have but as @KangarooVillan says above, we don’t have to fall for it every time. 

Edited by DaveAV1

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

But he could guarantee CL football by moving now.

We've just finished 11th, stepping up to CL qualification won't be happening any time soon, and is more difficult than people think. Look at how much Everton have been spending, and getting nowhere near it.

We finished 17th the season before , 11th is 6 places higher, if we improve by the same margin next season we are very close to CL qualification, 'would you bet against us?'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Give him another massive bumper deal to shut the media up 

Imagine taking your boyhood club back to the champions League and becoming the best player in the clubs history, Jack can be that, he's our Totti 

Edited by AVFCforever1991

38 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Jack seems to keep referencing players who have stayed at one club all their careers. He quite randomly spoke about Totti recently and just yesterday he was saying how iconic he though Gabby was and that he regularly speaks to him. 

He didn’t randomly speak about Totti. He was asked a specific question about Totti by an Italian journo at an England press conference (based on a misunderstood tweet from years ago). He then named a couple of facts he knew about Totti and politely backed out of the question as he didn’t know what else to say. If you watch the clip, there is nothing to get excited about from a Villa perspective.

We all want him to stay but trying to decipher hidden messages in his media work isn’t going to help because as many as you could find that you interpret that he wants to stay, you could find the same amount that would hint he wanted to leave.

Honestly, I think he’d probably want to give Man City a go, they’re going to dominate English and European football for the next few years. I think Villa still hold plenty of cards tho (providing no release clause) and if we hold on to him for another year and make some quality additions (got to be honest, none of our links so far are really that impressive except JWP) he could still be happy here for another season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

If Jack was to go to city, it would be difficult to not be completely done with football. He has turned into the player he has by staying with us until now, and then suddenly Man City come along, basically say “good job, we’ll take it from here” and then off he goes and then they can be rewarded for creating a global star. 

The whole thing would just disgust me. Honestly, what would be the point? We finally try and get somewhere but we are prevented from doing so by the Super League clubs. 

This is a bit how I feel about it. I could understand it from his perspective but for us, it would feel like one step forward and two backwards. We finally have the wealthy owners and some excellent players, a real chance to achieve something, a project of our own and we’d be reverting back to the same old story of selling our best to the North West. Gut wrenching.

If he does go, the club are going to have to make a couple of stellar signings to lift the morale of the fan base.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tinker said:

We finished 17th the season before , 11th is 6 places higher, if we improve by the same margin next season we are very close to CL qualification, 'would you bet against us?'

I love that quote, but it's much more difficult to break into CL qualification than to jump from 17th to 11th. Leeds just finished 10th, where did Sheff Utd finish in their first season?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but assuming that if we keep improving then CL qualification is guaranteed to come is wrong IMO.

Just don't see Jack wanting to leave this season, appears to be a lot of media driving these rumors. We all know the price and we all know Guardiola is an admirer, a journalist doesn't need to be a genius to generate a story, especially considering the focus on Jack during the Euros, it creates interest, click bait...etc

The rest is just white noise.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He didn’t randomly speak about Totti. He was asked a specific question about Totti by an Italian journo at an England press conference (based on a misunderstood tweet from years ago). He then named a couple of facts he knew about Totti and politely backed out of the question as he didn’t know what else to say. If you watch the clip, there is nothing to get excited about from a Villa perspective.

We all want him to stay but trying to decipher hidden messages in his media work isn’t going to help because as many as you could find that you interpret that he wants to stay, you could find the same amount that would hint he wanted to leave.

Honestly, I think he’d probably want to give Man City a go, they’re going to dominate English and European football for the next few years. I think Villa still hold plenty of cards tho (providing no release clause) and if we hold on to him for another year and make some quality additions (got to be honest, none of our links so far are really that impressive except JWP) he could still be happy here for another season. 

Ah ok it was a random question by a journalist. Quite strange though from nowhere. I’m probably guilty as charged in reading too much into “statements” that I like and pouring scorn on to those I don’t.

I personally think that other than Jack’s profile being raised with his involvement in a big international tournament, this is the least likely summer for him to move since he came on the scene. We were relegated, he stayed, remained relegated, he stayed, almost went bankrupt, he stayed, almost went back down and he still stayed. On and off the pitch we are now probably a club that he always dreamed that Aston Villa would be. The club understands Jack and his motivations. It was a very wise move by Dean to make him captain. As I’ve said before our owners are nothing remotely like owners we’ve had in the past. We’re viewed from the outside and still by plenty of our own fans as a pushover, not anymore. For me despite the cravings of the press Jack stays and our owners continue to create an environment that he and the whole club can flourish in. The Villa captain will lift trophies over the next few years, as much for his own sake, I hope the captain is Jack. 

Edited by DaveAV1

The complete 180 in the space of a few hours on this yesterday is entertaining. Feels as though Villa have jumped straight on the rumour and completely quashed it. Purslow on the blower to Sky telling them exactly what’s what! 

• Thanks 1

The whole England shambles is our biggest enemy at the moment. Jack wants to prove that he is the best by playing against and beating the best on the biggest stage. England gives him the opportunity to do that but for some reason big nose does not deem him worthy. If Jack moves to City, he will not only play in massive matches for them, he will make it impossible for Safegate to ignore him.

Jack is a driven individual. He is not like a Le Tiss who was largely quite lazy. He wants to step up and keep proving himself. I think we will just about be able to convince him to stay for one more year but unless we get a new England manager or Villa qualify for CL I’m sure he will leave next season. Jack always speaks in awe of City. You can tell that he is drawn to them. 

• Thanks 1

Â