The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

No chance a team would spend that much money to scupper a team's plans who are currently mid table. He's Pep's type of player - he would be a key player if he was to go.

What's the most expensive Scuppering ever been in football to everyone I wonder? It happens doesn't it, happened to us way back and it's all done to stop the rise of a club. Sure it's be expensive as hell to the point maybe only the Manchester clubs would throw there weight behind such a move, yet the dirtyness of the game when clubs feel threatened and there usual position is likely to be grabbed up for the foreseeable future. Next season if we start edging closer to Man City or Man UTD and it's looking real likely we could end up occupying there league position, champions League place do you think they wouldn't pull off such a move, especially if they think it would drive us back down the league or worse.

To think some of you wouldn't believe they would pull such a move off these Owners. These 6 clubs who were willing to pull the worst move together and Screw the rest of our English clubs all so they could see an end to competition and guarantee survival. It wouldn't surprise me at all, you have seen exactly what they are capable of or willing to do and they don't care because they would never see consequences of such a move. 100 mill would be nothing as a cost to them compared to having us sit on top occupying season after season of top spot after top spot and playing European football where they couldn't get there players in for years on end.

As for Jack I feel anyway he'd be wasted at City, Spurs, UTD, Chelsea in fact anywhere but here. Jackhas freedom, he's captain, he's a die hard fan of the club hes at but most of all this club lets him play exactly to his strengths and I dont think hed get that else where. Alot of you say Jack walks into the so called bigger clubs side, Arsenal I'd agree now and possibly spurs, yet Chelsea, City, UTD and Pool I'm not so sure. Again Alot of you say he walks into those sides and why because like me were all biased towards Jack and think he walks on water. I tried saying they have there systems and players already set up and while this window they will be on the look out for new talant, many of those sides won't be looking at Jack Grealish. They won't be looking at him because he doesn't fit straight into there starting line ups. Put Arsenal to the side because they can't afford him, you then have five other clubs who could purchase him, but ask yourselves, how does he fit into there starting line ups, he doesn't unless it's spurs and we know that's not going to happen because of Levy, he's never going to buy Jack the tight Arse. You have four out of the six clubs who Jack doesn't walk into, he would be subbing for players all next season that is the reality of it. We've even had Pep say the exact same thing last season that City wouldn't buy him because Villa would want way to much money for him and UTD said along with Solksjear that first team football wouldnt be Guaranteed, that Jack would be to much to be bought as a sub.

I know some people think Jack could remove anyone from any team in the world but it's not always as easy as that when you have players who fit the mould and make the position work already and have been there for a while. You then have to face the fact that what club would buy Jack when they already have players working in that area and if they buy Jack at what we ask for, he then turns out to be the most expensive waste in football, humiliating for player and club right? Let's face it Jack moving from Villa if they don't play him how we do could be so bad for him and his new club because his career with us and how ace he is, isn't Guaranteed to translate across to his new club. 

The only way I see a club paying for Jack is if they do both of the above and have both intentions at mind which is to Scupper our plans while have another expensive option at hand, they get two results in one. Time would tell on that if Jack doesn't walk straight into his new clubs team and he warming up City's, Pools or UTDs bench for 100 mill plus, I just think one thing is for certain that Jack isn't a regular starter else where and he's a rotational player for the future at those clubs.

• Like 1

It's a good point, the European Super League could have destroyed many football teams. Again Man Citeh are trying to undermine Villa in leaking these transfer targets and also Kane and Spuds.

In the same motion they are also potentially hurting England in the Euros, Kane isn't right and now Grealish.

All so unscrupulous. They see us as a threat and want to weaken us....

If we can keep Jack and make a couple of further solid first-team signings we have a chance of top four surely.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

Football is filthy. FFP is rigged, officiating is rigged, the media is rigged. We all know this. Our owners have the financial weight to get us there regardless over time, bit we’ll do it a damn sight quicker with Jack. On that basis I think they’ll offer him the moon on a stick this summer, but they need to back it up with squad development. Mam City trying to screw us out of Grealish might be the best thing that’s happened since these owners arrived. 

Whilst I agree with everything you’re saying, FFP is the evil rigged bitch which will stop us

bit what actually happens if you don’t comply?

6 months of not being able to buy anyone before your lawyers overturn the ruling?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thug said:

bit what actually happens if you don’t comply?

6 months of not being able to buy anyone before your lawyers overturn the ruling?

I’ll take my chances with Wes Edens’ lawyers and cheer if they go ape s*it this summer in the market. As the Euro leagues buckle under Covid loses we can  hopefully sneak in and advance well ahead of the curve. We’ll see, but does anyone think we’ve ever had more ambitious owners? 

29 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Seriously 😡

FML

What a ludicrous thing to say before the tournament is finished. If we lose to Germany he should be sacked. And even if he doesn't, then a loss to anyone after them until the semis would be a joke. We're in an easy half of the draw, and have got their playing dour football against some very poor teams.

If he hangs around, Grealish can kiss his England career goodbye.

54 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's a good point, the European Super League could have destroyed many football teams. Again Man Citeh are trying to undermine Villa in leaking these transfer targets and also Kane and Spuds.

In the same motion they are also potentially hurting England in the Euros, Kane isn't right and now Grealish.

All so unscrupulous. They see us as a threat and want to weaken us....

If we can keep Jack and make a couple of further solid first-team signings we have a chance of top four surely.

We could be viewed as guilty for attempting the same with other clubs to be fair.

It's a power struggle, we are currently. fighting our way up.

City might smell blood, in the same way we have with ESR, doesn't mean it will work.

The real triumph will be securing our top targets, and tying Jack down.

Not just saying, but showing we mean business in trying to bridge that gap.

• Like 3

I know there is an allure about the Champions League, but competitively the Premier League is equal to it.  If you look at Man City's UCL opponents last season, only PSG and Dortmund would have likely been in the top six of the Premier League. My point being - competitively Jack is essentially playing at the highest levels of football already. Aston Villa played 4 matches against the UCL finalists and 6 against the quarterfinalists last season.

8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I took Man City their entire history until this season gone to reach a final never mind win it. No point in Jack going there anytime soon if he wants a CL winners medal. 

precisely.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

What a ludicrous thing to say before the tournament is finished. If we lose to Germany he should be sacked. And even if he doesn't, then a loss to anyone after them until the semis would be a joke. We're in an easy half of the draw, and have got their playing dour football against some very poor teams.

If he hangs around, Grealish can kiss his England career goodbye.

The guy is a failure, he has failed in club management and now he is failing at international management with one of the best squads in world football in what is effectively a home tournament ....

I'd sack him even if we won we will waste this generation of players with him in charge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Football is filthy. FFP is rigged, officiating is rigged, the media is rigged. We all know this. Our owners have the financial weight to get us there regardless over time, bit we’ll do it a damn sight quicker with Jack. On that basis I think they’ll offer him the moon on a stick this summer, but they need to back it up with squad development. Mam City trying to screw us out of Grealish might be the best thing that’s happened since these owners arrived. 

If he stays on condition that we stack the side with more talent, we are in a dizzying situation. It would mean we will wrap up more major signings this summer. 

If he goes to City, we will have a huge windfall on which to sign three top players. 

Either way, the future looks really good.  

Naturally, I'd want him to stay and hope he does.  It's exciting watching a Villa player we saw as a youth player morphing into a generational England football icon. He is making Aston Villa world famous again. 

Â