The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Whatever Jack can accomplish at City this season, he could do it next year or the year after that. But it's not every day you can help Villa get back into Europe, which looks like a very serious proposition this year. Get a nice pay rise in line with your mates at England, and give it a right good go this season. If we fail to get in, fair enough, by all means, I'm sure City will be there for you next summer as well.

• Like 1

Hopefully we are offering him a new £200k per week contract to stay with some gentlemen’s agreement he can leave next summer if a certain fee is offered… Gives us one more year to crack the top 8 then reassess next summer… 

5 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Wants to win a champs lge and his dream trophy ain’t with villa could of said a trophy with villa 

If I'm honest, he's been saying alot of slightly " off " things recently in interviews.

To me, I just try to put it down to paranoia.

However, if in the end it turns out that it's " Billy Big bolloxy " and condescending to the club, I don't care who the player is, they can piss off 🤷🏾

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

On this positive sign, I did watch the Kane interview from a month or so back. He obviously wants to win things as well, but said he's only 27 and still sees himself as only being halfway through his career with how long he wants to play for.

Jack can play for a long time with his style, it's the pace merchants that can really drop off once that goes. Hopefully he looks at things the same way and we get another year, we must get Europe this season if he does stay.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I'm honest, he's been saying alot of slightly " off " things recently in interviews.

To me, I just try to put it down to paranoia.

However, if in the end it turns out that it's " Billy Big bolloxy " and condescending to the club, I don't care who the player is, they can piss off 🤷🏾

I think, like most players, will have had long discussions with his agent and PR team before venturing into any junkets and media.

He's not going to say the "with Villa" as that takes away some leverage with his new contract. His answers will always be deliberately ambiguous for now.

• Like 3

We knew before that interview that it was his dream to win the champions leagues, it's every players' dream to win the champions league. I've made the best point so far, and that's that Man City won't pay what we're asking for, so the transfer won't happen, only thing that might complcate things is if Grealish himself makes a big deal about wanting to leave and trys to force a move, but I seriously doubt he will do that.

• Like 2

Reading way too much that comment. He said CL or WC/Euros. Standard answer, biggest prize in club football.

Also said his idol was Gabby, and he had been speaking to him today with a cheeky grin. It was just a bog standard interview.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I wouldn't read too much into these types of interviews. 

What's the read into, the bloke said he wants to win the Champions League. 

He didn't say FA CUP or PL. He said he wants to win the CL. Thats fine saying that if you're playing for Chelsea or Liverpool but when you play for Villa that ain't happening in atleast 10 years.

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I wouldn't read too much into these types of interviews. 

yeah, of course his dream is to win the top club trophy around, Jack is a football fanatic. He's not going to say I dream of playing in the euro conference league with spurs, he'll want to win the best trophies available that always has to be the aim, hopefully that's with Villa, but serious continued progress needed next season to convince him.

Edited by VillaJay

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Also said his idol was Gabby, and he had been speaking to him today with a cheeky grin. It was just a bog standard interview.

Cheeky grin blatently about the speculation. The chat may have been an of course I’m staying or it could have been a Gabby persuasion job!

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We knew before that interview that it was his dream to win the champions leagues, it's every players' dream to win the champions league. I've made the best point so far, and that's that Man City won't pay what we're asking for, so the transfer won't happen, only thing that might complcate things is if Grealish himself makes a big deal about wanting to leave and trys to force a move, but I seriously doubt he will do that.

True. Also Purlow has managed the narrative today by suggesting he's been offered the world with an 'ambitious' Villa and if he wants to go he has to turn that down. 

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Cheeky grin blatently about the speculation. The chat may have been an of course I’m staying or it could have been a Gabby persuasion job!

Knowing Gabby it is probs to remain at the Villa but make sure you get what you deserve with a new contract. 

It's interesting, if I was a Premier League footballer I'd rather become a legend at the club I love than win trophies with a team I have no affection for. The only key difference otherwise would be money, but there isn't going to be a massive difference there.

Its not like he's a regular player either he's one of the few where you can show how much he loves his boyhood club.

Alan Shearer is another he loves Newcastle although he at least won something before joining them.

Then there is Totti of course, John Terry and our very own Ian Taylor.

• Thanks 1

Well been on the road all day today listening to this speculation on Talk Shite. Went from Jim White saying Man City have tabled a £100 million offer and he is as good as gone. To Man City are going to offer £100 mil for Jack Grealish after the Euro's.

To be honest I don't think the board would let him go for that measly sum. Although not sure if it was Townsend saying a club like Villa could not refuse 100 million for jack. Obviously don't know Villa anymore, bloody mug!!!

• Like 1

If he wants to win the Champions League why would he join a club who have shown themselves to be entirely incapable of winning it, despite being freely granted everything they could possibly need to do so.

• Like 3

Â