The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Jack will be on the England live stream soon if anyone is interested (starts 4pm).

It really pees me off that England have rolled him out for more media minutes than Southgate has played him on the pitch.

:bang:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thank God we’ve got a clued up CEO and Owners to deal with this who know his true value which definitely equates to much more than 100m.

Just remembered Mourinho saying “Jack knows where he’s going” in that talksport clip last week which I found odd. Ahhh the anxiety of it all. I trust we’ll get another year, really cant cope with being burned again. 

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Thank God we’ve got a clued up CEO and Owners to deal with this who know his true value which definitely equates to much more than 100m.

Just remembered Mourinho saying “Jack knows where he’s going” in that talksport clip last week which I found odd. Ahhh the anxiety of it all. I trust we’ll get another year, really cant cope with being burned again. 

Yeh, that was odd. 

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No, no, no, no, no….

Possessed King Theoden is Man City who have become deranged and deluded by their wealth and thinking that they can just take our Jack away…

We are Gandalf the White, triumphantly arriving and knocking them back to their senses and thereby protecting Jack’s (King Aragorn?) legacy and destiny to become a player of legendary status for us…

so…

spacer.png

we have the power…

he-man GIF

You Shall Not Pass Lord Of The Rings GIF

3 hours ago, useless said:

If Man City were to buy him for £100m they'd have to break their transfer record for a signing by £40m, I don't think they will do that for Grealish, they might genuinely want him, but ultimately they won't give us what we want, will probably try and fob us off with a player plus cash deal, but I don't think that we'd accept anything of that sort.

Ahhh, this sounds about right.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

We are going to be paying probably about the same

In footballing sense that isn’t guaranteed elsewhere.  Players flop, restricted game time and end up moving to a lower club, no idea how he’d fit at Man City.  He could turn into a KDB there.  At Villa, footballing wise he definitely keeps growing

In terms of trophies, yes probably

Does anybody care about this? Next season somebody will probably beat this…I’m not sure this is a reason.

Obviously.  More chance there than here.  They may fall away like Liverpool though, they had a spell like that but yes they win things

Great

Are you sure? I’m not questioning your loyalty to Villa but thinking his best option to leave Villa is bizarre both for him and us Villa fans. It’s simply not.

It’s not best for us, it is for him. We can just refuse.

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

If those are literally his only reasons for leaving then it's not a very hard decision then.

I doubt all those are important to him some will some won’t. He might be attached to friends and family here or indeed just the club. He might be insanely loyal. None but the closest to him will know his thoughts.

34 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Not with 4 years on a deal. We get another season regardless imo

Yes we hold the cards at the moment, But I think there will be some sort of gentleman's agreement that, if we don't reach is expectations next season, then we will agree to sell him. 

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

It’s not best for us, it is for him. We can just refuse.

I’m not sure it is best for him.  Just because it’s Man City and winning trophies doesn’t always mean a player going there is going to be successful personally.  If he ends up being a bit part player, he flops he’s going to be miserable and not get the exposure he loves.  He going to be a average fish in a massive pond there where he’s a massive fish in a mid pond here.  You only have to see how miserable he is on the bench or coming off after X minutes on England duty to see what his life might be like at Man City.

He has everything here and if the owners are true to their word we maybe fighting at the higher end over the next couple of years, maybe Europe the season after next.  Jack is the star, he would be part of that and the main part of that.

He may be a complete success at Man City and be the next KDB there but it’s a huge risk given the competition there and playing for England he can the impact of that.

Doesnt matter, it’s not going to happen anyway this summer.  He’ll sign a new deal and we’ll go again.

I think he will stay for another season. If we finish top 4 he will then stay for another season. If we don’t then I would imagine that he will leave. Whatever happens we won’t have our pants pulled down.

The £100m is just media guesswork,

Man City would probably at least have to double their current transfer record,

which is why I seriously doubt it will happen. There's a difference between being genuinely interested in a player and actually paying what it would take to buy said player,

they could be genuinely interested

but then only bid £80m with add ons, or try and give us a player plus cash deal,

which is more likely to happen than them give us the money that we'd want.

Why are we speculating on whether he wants to move on? That’s not the real issue or point here.

All that has come out today is some apparent interest (Wow, big surprise! What an amazing and unexpected revelation!) from Man City. No reports of a bid and even if one is placed it will likely be rejected. If we receive a (first) bid, i can’t see us instantly accepting it…

He signed an improved contract with us last year, is being paid handsomely and is highly valued and appreciated here, he’s happy and fully on board with the project. Boyhood fan and one of our own etc. Why leave now when he didn’t before and had opportunities? When we we were struggling? We’re improving and progressing and in a great place right now, why would he suddenly want to leave? Don’t see the point in discussing that and speculating on it.

I don’t think it’s relevant, I don’t think he wants to leave - there’s no reason for that pov to change now. He’s not going to put in a transfer request and he has never even come close to doing so. He loves the club and would ideally want to succeed and win with us. We are on track toward potentially achieving that goal. We are in the best place as a club since Jack has been with us, surely that is encouraging & exciting for him… this is the time for him to stick around

The only point of concern is if we receive a compelling bid, crazy money. It doesn’t matter who or how many are interested otherwise. If that happened, we would give Jack the opportunity to enter into talks with that club and even then the final decision would be his. That hasn’t happened so why worry?

He still has time on his side regards his career, if we manage to qualify for Europe this season then I’m sure he would be delighted and want to continue with us.

I don’t see a comparable situation, either now or in the past.

Kane is older and wants to leave to win things, he’s been fairly outspoken about it. But it’s going to take a huge fee to take him from Spurs, if City manage to do it (why don’t they go younger - Haaland, Mbappe btw? Better value), and signing a striker is their priority, then I don’t think they could afford another player costing at least as much in the same window.

Players we have lost in the past… again, irrelevant. Different people and personalities, none of them had the same kind of attachment to the club that Jack has. Different owners & situations.

NSWE mean business and want to succeed and win things, not tightly manage budgets and salivate at the thoughts of receiving big money for players. They want to build a strong team that can win.

It’s just these bullshit journos and trash sites that continue to generate baseless speculation just to get exposure and clicks - is there another industry that gets away with so much crap and unprofessionalism? It’s best if we pay it no heed and not waste headspace and breath on it. It’s disgusting really, they just get away with it all.

Also, we’ve never been as “in favour” or as “in vogue” as the big 6 and there are so many out there that don’t want us to succeed and have some kind of agenda against us so they have nothing better to do than to keep making up rumours to constantly try and destabilise. But it’s not going to work, we’re not going anywhere but up…

This is a whole new era for the club. We may have flattered to deceive the the past or been restrained/restricted, but things are different now…

Just look at our trajectory under Deano and NSWE… it really is quite something to behold. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think he will stay for another season. If we finish top 4 he will then stay for another season. If we don’t then I would imagine that he will leave. Whatever happens we won’t have our pants pulled down.

Wait What Reaction GIF by Willie Jones

Qualifying for Europe would do, let’s not get carried away…

• Like 1

really like the journalism from espn here. 

Manchester City are close to reaching an agreement with Aston Villa for Jack Grealish, sources have told ESPN.

Sources told ESPN's Mark Ogden earlier this month that City boss Pep Guardiola had made Grealish a key target along with Harry Kane, and now City are ready to pay around £100 million ($139m) for the midfielder. The deal would be a British record if it goes through, eclipsing the £89.3m ($124m) Manchester United paid for Paul Pogba in 2016.

City have so far declined to comment, but sources said a fee has yet to be agreed between the Premier League champions and Villa.

Manchester City close to £100m British record move for Jack Grealish - sources (espn.com) Manchester City close to £100m British record move for Jack Grealish - sources (espn.com)

Edited by Villaphan04
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Well, get ready for this quote to do the rounds.

Jack Grealish - "I want to win the Champions League"

Just saw that. Wish he added ‘with Villa’! He also said he had been chatting to Gabby this morning.  

Â