The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It’s obviously a slow sports news day so they put some vague crap out about Grealish to keep people opening the app etc.

However, realistically it’s got to be 50/50 whether he’s here come the end of this transfer window, may well be dependent on how he does at the Euro’s and how he starts the season (if still here come PL kick off) too but it must be a tough decision for him.

Stay at the club you love, who are seemingly on an upward trajectory but still, finished 11th in the second season back in the top flight, or, join the reigning English champions, the European cup runners up, a team who haven’t lost a league cup game for 4 or more years and who will always have a decent shot at winning the fa cup. Add to that the chance to play under one of the most highly regarded managers in the game and alongside quality like De Bruyne.

It goes without saying I hope he stays, but if you look at it objectively, it’s a toughie. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, babyblue said:

We've been through this enough ourselves recently. No matter how ambitious you are, or what you can offer, players want to play at the very top and win things regularly. We've won the league and FA cup recently, have billionaire owners, great facilities and pay good money... but if a big clubs, bid massive money, players will by eyeing that up. There is only so long you can fend off offers like this, that is the reality. 

It's down to the player, if he wants out then in the end you are better off just cashing in, because the second he's looking elsewhere they will lose an edge. The key is using that money wisely, it's not about replacing HIM. It's about improving 3 or 4 areas, so that you improve as a team. 

Losing Kante and Mahrez was massive and we've never replaced them as players. But we replaced Danny Simpson with Ricardo, Okazaki with Maddison etc.

Be nice to see a player say no, I want to stay at my boyhood club. But it's a rarity. 

Same bet applies mate 😋

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really hope Grealish turns around and says, 'Yeh, I'll stay, but you need to sign another two 40m players and I don't want to play with Traore anymore'.

That'll do just nice for me. 

That's just silly. You want a player to start dictating to management and board about who we sign. I used to abhorre Liverpool fans who were on Gerrard's nuts night and day. It's here too. Not the point about him staying, absolutely want him to stay. It's the " end of the world " stuff if he doesn't that bugs me. And I'll say it, i wouldn't want Jack here if he felt he was made stay here or he's doing us a favour. That's dangerous and can divide more than unite a dressing room. This is the first serious bid that's going to come in for him. And it's going to come from what we are hearing. If he shows any doubt or hint he wants away and the valuation is met, let him go. We need to always protect the club and its interests. You can drag the arse out of the boyhood club stuff all you want. Elite players want to play in elite competitions. Villa are not where City are. We are showing ambition for sure but we are behind them. Let's be fair.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Damn it. It's so hard. I thought he was a youth player. Ugh. 

He did have. Just played for other clubs before rejoining them. Damnit

Not really, there's a wiki page on it :D 

You've got Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Tony Adams, Jack Charlton, Ledley King, Lev Yashin, Rogerio Ceni. And then still active players there's Messi, Muniain, Koke, Akinfeev, Busquets, Muller.

35 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

X

X -  Baresi - Puyol  - Maldini

Scholes - Le Tissier

X              Reus  -    Giggs

Totti

For GK I have no clue

For rb Gary Neville? But he seems not good enough. You could go Puyol as he used to play there and put someone like Tony Adams as Cb.

For RW would be Messi if he stays.

No Iniesta or Xavi as they both played for other clubs after leaving Barca. Gerrard play for LA galaxy. 

Raul played for Schalke. Iker Casilla played for Porto.

Reus can play he won't leave dortmund imo 

Did Jack Charlton stay at Leeds? If so him CB, Puyol RB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Not really, there's a wiki page on it :D 

You've got Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Tony Adams, Jack Charlton, Ledley King, Lev Yashin, Rogerio Ceni. And then still active players there's Messi, Muniain, Koke, Akinfeev, Busquets, Muller.

It is hard. Because there's also about a million who aren't good enough. So unless you already have an idea of who would be in the team you can't really filter through.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s obviously a slow sports news day so they put some vague crap out about Grealish to keep people opening the app etc.

However, realistically it’s got to be 50/50 whether he’s here come the end of this transfer window, may well be dependent on how he does at the Euro’s and how he starts the season (if still here come PL kick off) too but it must be a tough decision for him.

Stay at the club you love, who are seemingly on an upward trajectory but still, finished 11th in the second season back in the top flight, or, join the reigning English champions, the European cup runners up, a team who haven’t lost a league cup game for 4 or more years and who will always have a decent shot at winning the fa cup. Add to that the chance to play under one of the most highly regarded managers in the game and alongside quality like De Bruyne.

It goes without saying I hope he stays, but if you look at it objectively, it’s a toughie. 

You say this as if Aston Villa don’t have a choice. Even if he wanted to leave, tell him no and let him be sad for a few weeks before reality kicks in. It wouldn’t be the first time. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Does it count if the player went out on loan, as Jack has obviously played for Notts County?

He can technically never be a one-club man. Gabby never was either because he went out on loan to Sheffield Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You say this as if Aston Villa don’t have a choice. Even if he wanted to leave, tell him no and let him be sad for a few weeks before reality kicks in. It wouldn’t be the first time. 

Like Yorke you mean ? ( "but that's different, Jack's a Villa fan " !! ) Shocking reveal - top players want to play in elite competitions, challenge for trophies .

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Like Yorke you mean ? ( "but that's different, Jack's a Villa fan " !! ) Shocking reveal - top players want to play in elite competitions, challenge for trophies .

Or Gareth Barry?

I don’t understand, what’s he going to do? Go on strike? 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Villa to Man City and Pep:

Go Away Power GIF

No, no, no, no, no….

Possessed King Theoden is Man City who have become deranged and deluded by their wealth and thinking that they can just take our Jack away…

We are Gandalf the White, triumphantly arriving and knocking them back to their senses and thereby protecting Jack’s (King Aragorn?) legacy and destiny to become a player of legendary status for us…

so…

spacer.png

we have the power…

he-man GIF

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Or Gareth Barry?

I don’t understand, what’s he going to do? Go on strike? 

Obviously not. Do u remember Yorke sulking and strolling around the place on the first day of the season against Everton because Ellis wouldn't let him go to United ? Do you want that scenario ? Very easy to say " Well Jack wouldn't do that, boyhood club etc " I don't think the boyhood club stuff has as much significance for him at 26 than it did when he was breaking into the team, became captain etc. He's a professional elite level footballer who wants to win things. Again im looking at this through the lens of objectivity.

• Haha 1

Â