The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You only have to take 5 minutes to watch the markets whenever one of these 'stories' crawls out the woodwork. It's not exactly a conspiracy theory up there with the magic bullet. 

Of course they benefit from it in multiple ways, clickbait & viewing figures inc. But the idea that just because SkyBet aren't owned by Sky Group anymore that there aren't strong ties between the two is beyond naïve. It's a denial of human nature. 

Flutter Entertainment, in its current form, came initially out of the merger between PaddyPower and Betfair, then renamed Flutter, and then the merger between Flutter and Stars Group, which was the owner of the Skybet brand. It's a massive company, with a market cap ten times larger than William Hill. They have three huge UK brands, which clearly they *could* merge, if they wanted to. So why don't they? Well, I guess the reason Skybet hasn't been merged into the PaddyPower brand is that it is preferred by punters, who consider it the leading online brand. Presumably that, in turn, is helped by the confusion over the separation between the broadcaster and the betting firm, which not only share the same name and font in their logo, but also share affiliate links through the website; the betting brand is able to leech off the 'journalistic' kudos of the broadcaster, and the broadcaster is rewarded with huge amounts of advertising spend. As you say, the ties are as tight as they can be, while still being in separate legal entities.

In general, gamblers should assume that bookmakers will find and exploit literally any possible way to rip them off that isn't explicitly forbidden in legislation and regulation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, maqroll said:

I wonder what an all-time "One Club Starting XI" would look like...

Maldini

Totti

Le Tissier

Raul?

Iniesta

help me out, guys

Giggs, Scholes, Terry, Gerrard... Youre missing all the easy ones! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Maldini

Totti

Le Tissier

Raul?

Iniesta

help me out, guys

depends how pedantic you want to be. iniesta for example is not a one club man because he's playing in japan now, but whether you count that or not...

totti is probably the first name on the team sheet there though

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Where's he gonna fit in at Man City exactly? Foden's spot on the left? De Bruyne's spot in the middle?  Just can't see it at all. 

No, those two would be make weights in their deal for Super Jack. :D

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We are going to be paying probably about the same

In footballing sense that isn’t guaranteed elsewhere.  Players flop, restricted game time and end up moving to a lower club, no idea how he’d fit at Man City.  He could turn into a KDB there.  At Villa, footballing wise he definitely keeps growing

In terms of trophies, yes probably

Does anybody care about this? Next season somebody will probably beat this…I’m not sure this is a reason.

Obviously.  More chance there than here.  They may fall away like Liverpool though, they had a spell like that but yes they win things

Great

Are you sure? I’m not questioning your loyalty to Villa but thinking his best option to leave Villa is bizarre both for him and us Villa fans. It’s simply not.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It literally isn't. I think prize money is only a few mill different per place so we'd have to lose more places than there are in the league for that to be true and I don't see us finishing -10th with him or 40th without. 

My bad I was factoring in relegation without him and Europe with him. So it's like 50 mil for Europe + an extra 40 mil in prize money from the prem. So 90 mil. And the difference between the equal share and parachute payments is 40 mil in the first year and close to 60 by year 3. So 130 mil essentially from one season of football. Not factoring in endorsements.

My bad. Sometimes I make mistake in remembering things. But either way that is the minimum fee to get us to negotiate because that's his competitive value to us as a team. 

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Didn't he play for us and Chelsea? 

Yeah, but he pretty much played for us a a last saloon hurrah, at the end of his career, with a view to coaching.

Totally different league as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Maldini

Totti

Le Tissier

Raul?

Iniesta

help me out, guys

Don't forget:

My Old Man Said blog

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

My bad I was factoring in relegation without him and Europe with him. So it's like 50 mil for Europe + an extra 40 mil in prize money from the prem. So 90 mil. And the difference between the equal share and parachute payments is 40 mil in the first year and close to 60 by year 3. So 130 mil essentially from one season of football. Not factoring in endorsements.

My bad. Sometimes I make mistake in remembering things. But either way that is the minimum fee to get us to negotiate because that's his competitive value to us as a team. 

Fair enough. I wasn't even thinking about money from Europe tbh.

I think the only question Jack would need to ask himself is can this project go further? 

And we all know it most definitely can, I can't imagine he'd leave while we're on an upward trajectory. It made sense at times where we were in dire straights, strapped for cash and looking down. Think he'll sign a new deal.

36 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Maldini

Totti

Le Tissier

Raul?

Iniesta

help me out, guys

X

X -  Baresi - Puyol  - Maldini

Scholes - Le Tissier

X              Reus  -    Giggs

Totti

For GK I have no clue

For rb Gary Neville? But he seems not good enough. You could go Puyol as he used to play there and put someone like Tony Adams as Cb.

For RW would be Messi if he stays.

No Iniesta or Xavi as they both played for other clubs after leaving Barca. Gerrard play for LA galaxy. 

Raul played for Schalke. Iker Casilla played for Porto.

Reus can play he won't leave dortmund imo 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

What planet are you on I still wouldn't, I have loyalty to our captain, he's ours he ain't going anywhere ever till he's dead mate and even then he can have a plot on the grass somewhere.

Love this one 😂😭 I feel like now we are pressured to actually sign some absolute monsters of players to ensure we break top four and to match up with JG quality e.t.c... we really have to move into fifth gear and go sign some of the marquee ballers but we aint even in Europe so thats gonna be a struggle.

• Like 1

Â