The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I reckon Jack is worth more to us, than Kane is to Tottenham, and he is younger as well.

So if Levy wants 150 mill for Kane, that should be the MINIMUM we accept to even open negotiations.

The stumbling block to this of course, is if Jack decides he wants to leave,

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I never understand this, he's young playing for his boyhood club heading towards the higher end of the biggest league in the world, captain, has attained international recognition now.  He's going to get a massive payrise, massive commercial deals, can get anything he wants from the club, the club revolves around him, he's by his family and he loves the Villa.  This as children is all most of us ever wanted and he's living it, he is living his (and our) dreams. 

My dream was to play, captain and be the superstar for Villa as a child (and adult 😂) and drive them to the top, my dream wasnt as soon as I had established myself at Villa to then move to another club and win trophies.  Jack will have had the same desire, being a Villa fan all his life.  Yes playing with KDB and winning trophies is great and ultimately what people want to do but how much that child wants to do it with Villa and being the focus of everybody at Villa is a massive pull.  He could even spend a year or two more at Villa then move to an elite club but with everything going on at the Villa at the moment and his status, playing and earning at the Villa, why the hell would you want to leave.

I would also argue for his career staying here another season or so will help.  He's still learning at this level which is amazing but Villa are doing everything to aid that but he's only had two (what I would call) adult seasons in the PL (ignoring pre relegation) and so he's still learning.  Going to Man City, he could easily flop, could easily not get much game, could easily be stifled....he should succeed but big players have failed before Torres at Chelsea for example.  Whereas at Villa he will only get better, not only because he naturally will get better but because we put better players around him.

As for money who cares if it's a British record, we dont need it, we dont want it and if anything it wouldnt cover the value that we get for Grealish being at the club both on and off the pitch from playing getting us up the league, the additional games on tv because of him, the commercial revenue from his shirts, attendances and general marketing and finally Jack will attract top class talent to the club because he's here.  So the money wouldnt be enough!

Paid the most he can be, reach his potential, get a place in the history books for the fee, win things, play for one of the best managers in the world.

Careers are short, I want him to stay, obviously but this is the best option for him to leave. 

Jack is going no where...  Southgate will get the sack after a disastrous performance against Germany on Tuesday and will be replaced by Eddie Howe or Graham Potter, who will announce in his first press conference that England will play dynamic attacking football and that Jack is a huge part of his plans, regardless of which team he plays on.  He'll sign a new 5-Year 200k/week deal without a release clause, then the media & Traitor 6's fans make excuses that "Jack has no ambition" and is "afraid" of making a move to a "big" club.  Meanwhile, we'll go back in for another 3-4 more players good enough to help us gatecrash Europe and win a domestic cup this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Jack is going no where...  Southgate will get the sack after a disastrous performance against Germany on Tuesday and will be replaced by Eddie Howe or Graham Potter, who will announce in his first press conference that England will play dynamic attacking football and that Jack is a huge part of his plans, regardless of which team he plays on.  He'll sign a new 5-Year 200k/week deal without a release clause, then the media & Traitor 6's fans make excuses that "Jack has no ambition" and is "afraid" of making a move to a "big" club.  Meanwhile, we'll go back in for another 3-4 more players good enough to help us gatecrash Europe and win a domestic cup this season. 

Glorious GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe a novice question, but do agents get commissions and percentages when players sign bumper new contract? Or only when they move?

agents also get a % of all earnings

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Paid the most he can be, reach his potential, get a place in the history books for the fee, win things, play for one of the best managers in the world.

Careers are short, I want him to stay, obviously but this is the best option for him to leave. 

If those are literally his only reasons for leaving then it's not a very hard decision then.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The stumbling block to this of course, is if Jack decides he wants to leave,

Unless he wants to leave there are no negotiations to be had anyway. We won’t be tempted by mere filthy lucre. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Paid the most he can be

We are going to be paying probably about the same

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

reach his potential

In footballing sense that isn’t guaranteed elsewhere.  Players flop, restricted game time and end up moving to a lower club, no idea how he’d fit at Man City.  He could turn into a KDB there.  At Villa, footballing wise he definitely keeps growing

In terms of trophies, yes probably

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

get a place in the history books for the fee

Does anybody care about this? Next season somebody will probably beat this…I’m not sure this is a reason.

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

win things

Obviously.  More chance there than here.  They may fall away like Liverpool though, they had a spell like that but yes they win things

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

play for one of the best managers in the world.

Great

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Are you sure? I’m not questioning your loyalty to Villa but thinking his best option to leave Villa is bizarre both for him and us Villa fans. It’s simply not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I think he would have gone last year if he was going. Who ever signs him has to realise he will be injured for around 10 matches due to his style of play.

But £100M has to be considered. 11 other teams did better than us last season without Jack

And I eat an apple every day which explains why I've never been eaten by a tiger.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I would also add this, and I hope it doesn't come back to bite me, but I don't think any of us, including journals, quite appreciate what villa mean to jack. While we all love villa because they are our football team, to Jack, Villa represents every job he's ever had, every manager he's ever worked for, every colleague he has ever had, father figures and mentors, and no doubt the majority of friends that he has made.

He is the longest serving player there, meaning he will have known the background staff and support workers for the guts of 20 years. The work he has done with the community and local charities means he will have come into contact with thousands more.

Every goal, ambition and dream he has realised is due to Aston villa, and will have been celebrated and shared with the villa family. And when times have been bad and the country hated him, it was Aston villa who had his back.

To throw that away to play for some plastic team is bonkers and I think football as a whole in this country needs some sort of folk hero to tell the big teams to shove it when they come knocking.

And make no mistake, if jack finishes his career here, there will probably be calls for that Doug Ellis stand of ours to be renamed after our jack. And I'd support that!

Post of the day. And it’s competing with several of my own!

• Haha 1

Â