The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This has to be the case. Shitty's priority is clearly a striker over a playmaker as they don't currently have a good striker. No way they can afford to buy Kane and Grealish and NOT sell at least a couple of players for mega money.

Yes, they would need to sell to stay in line with FFP...but, FFP doesn't apply to them does it. ;) 

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What planet are you on I still wouldn't, I have loyalty to our captain, he's ours he ain't going anywhere ever till he's dead mate and even then he can have a plot on the grass somewhere.

I have loyalty to our club. I was an Aston Villa fan before i was a Jack Grealish fan. 

50 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Cheers mate, do you offer any kind of signing up bonus? 

A pair of my soiled underwear with a letter written in blood explaining how they got so stained and sticky

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

I don't like the assumption that Jack will only stay at Villa if he is paid more money. This is his boyhood club, he is not likely to screw it over for money. He will be interested in the direction of the club, which is obviously the right way. If that changes he could leave at any point. Therefore logic says this is just nonsense. jack is going nowhere.

20 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I wonder what Sterling makes of this, his place at Citeh would be at risk if Jack goes there and he’d likely have to make way to fund it. Could do with him telling Jack he’s better off staying at Villa. 

And if him, Stones, Walker or Foden say anything different, they’ll have Tyrone to answer to 🤣

Probably why Sterling doesnt pass to him.

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

I don't like the assumption that Jack will only stay at Villa if he is paid more money. This is his boyhood club, he is not likely to screw it over for money. He will be interested in the direction of the club, which is obviously the right way. If that changes he could leave at any point. Therefore logic says this is just nonsense. jack is going nowhere.

Surely he has a right to ask for a similar amount that City would offer?  Like any job in life you would ask your current employer to match the terms of potential new employer.

2 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Yes but on the other hand. After this season he'd only have 3 years left on his contract. Much rather give him another extension and another one after that to prevent any funny business from taking place. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Thanks for the replies to catch me up on what is being said on here, I saw some media reports.

If he signs a new contract he will go from 120k a week to 200k plus.

Personally if I were him at this moment in his career I would leave, record fee for the buying and selling club, British record. They won't be paying less than us to him and he will finally compete for trophies.

Your a blue nose!!! 

Firstly you want the club to move nearer to the shithole down the road and now sell Jack. GTFOH. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yes. Club have been spot on with this, wrestling back control. Worst thing would be to say nothing.

To me Percy = Purslow

He’s got the billionaire owners on FaceTime, he deserves a pay rise and reassurances made again. 

Also, Percy reports that transfer targets lined up with Grealish staying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

I don't like the assumption that Jack will only stay at Villa if he is paid more money. This is his boyhood club, he is not likely to screw it over for money. 

I agree but the going market rate for someone of his quality is well above what he's being paid. It would be unfair to expect him to forgo career earnings in the name of loyalty.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

He will want to play a season in front of packed villa park crowds and then at the end of the season he will have a decision to make wont he.

will he? only if we crash will he, otherwise it's business as usual as we keep progressing.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surely he has a right to ask for a similar amount that City would offer?  Like any job in life you would ask your current employer to match the terms of potential new employer.

Who's to say what they are offering? He might get that from Villa. I just think it is not about money for Jack and the insinuation that it is does him a disservice. If it was cash he was after he would have forced a move two years ago and then got another this season. It isn't about the cash. He has more than enough time to see what happens at his club in the next two years and then decide if he needs to leave to win medals. 

• Like 1

Â