The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

If you're reading into comments he made, he said 'Europa' or 'Champions League'. Surely the draw of doing that with Villa is greater than doing it with City. Maybe he will go, but I do not think its beyond the realms of strong possibility that he stays, for this season at least.

Semantics maybe? I hope you're right. This is JG's biggest decision by far in his Villa career as there is now clear, serious interest from a CL club.

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

If you're reading into comments he made, he said 'Europa' or 'Champions League'. Surely the draw of doing that with Villa is greater than doing it with City. Maybe he will go, but I do not think its beyond the realms of strong possibility that he stays, for this season at least.

By not just saying champions league says it all to me. The target is Europa qualification for the upcoming season.

It would explain the seemingly endless linked players in midfield. Getting in 4 or 5 more players so our overall squad gets stronger to compete better in the cups gives us more chance of Europe qualification.

I would imagine a new contract would include that if we didn't hit that target next season, he could move for a certain fee.

Jack holding another trophy aloft, hopefully not splitting his eye brow this time, I think would be enough to keep him on the following year.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies to catch me up on what is being said on here, I saw some media reports.

If he signs a new contract he will go from 120k a week to 200k plus.

Personally if I were him at this moment in his career I would leave, record fee for the buying and selling club, British record. They won't be paying less than us to him and he will finally compete for trophies.

• Confused 3
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Except Villa can't guarantee him European football, can they ? Let's be genuine. Yes we are ambitious, clearly. But you, nor i, can guarantee we'll qualify for Europe next season. Man City can. They can make that guarantee to him for next season and beyond. I would love Jack to stay, goes without saying. Jeez, i thought he was gone after that Monday night in Hull a few years ago. It's a short career. He needs to weigh things up and do what's best for him. If this gets into murky waters and Jack in private discussions intimates to the owners that he would like to speak to city and they refuse, then you are potentially letting individual ego infect a dressing room. We can't have that. Team is bigger than any player. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

100%. I think the new contract was going to happen, City’s interest sped the process up. They just need to reaffirm the ambitions from last year. 

To which, NSWE can point to the improvements that were made on the pitch last year, plus summer addition/s.

To add to captain, talisman, influencer and nice pay rise plus chance to play in front of packed VP again.

What I like is that NSWE have taken control of the narrative. The sounds are good. They will fight for him. Push back the tide. If Jack goes he turns his back on us but I rest assured that the ownership did all they could. Look, Jack is ambitious, you can see that. But I have a sneaking feeling that he looks for any excuse or inkling to remain with us. I have always envisaged next season as the real battle. Depending of Jacks' trajectory and Villas'. If he has an similar/improved season and we miss out on Europe again, well. If we get Europa, well. If we get CL, no problems.

I'd rather believe this:

He will stay 100 percent because a new contract will be given and he will take it.

Edited by Dave-R

31 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Arsenal couldn't raise £100m for Grealish if they sold every player in their squad 😂

Given we would also be the club buying them off them, that isn't going to happen is it? :D

• Haha 1

I wonder what Sterling makes of this, his place at Citeh would be at risk if Jack goes there and he’d likely have to make way to fund it. Could do with him telling Jack he’s better off staying at Villa. 

And if him, Stones, Walker or Foden say anything different, they’ll have Tyrone to answer to 🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

When this broke an hour so ago everyone in the office (all non villa fans) were trying to wind me up, I offered to take an even money bet with all of them that Jack would stay - sadly none of them took me up on it.

There is no doubt in my mind that he’s staying. We couldn’t replace the player with £100m, we couldn’t replace the commercial value, or the image selling him would portray.

You would have to be idiots to even entertain the idea, and thankfully the people now running our club are certainly not that. 

We've been through this enough ourselves recently. No matter how ambitious you are, or what you can offer, players want to play at the very top and win things regularly. We've won the league and FA cup recently, have billionaire owners, great facilities and pay good money... but if a big clubs, bid massive money, players will by eyeing that up. There is only so long you can fend off offers like this, that is the reality. 

It's down to the player, if he wants out then in the end you are better off just cashing in, because the second he's looking elsewhere they will lose an edge. The key is using that money wisely, it's not about replacing HIM. It's about improving 3 or 4 areas, so that you improve as a team. 

Losing Kante and Mahrez was massive and we've never replaced them as players. But we replaced Danny Simpson with Ricardo, Okazaki with Maddison etc.

Be nice to see a player say no, I want to stay at my boyhood club. But it's a rarity. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Percy said no move is imminent and no official negotiations took place. 

The club is ahead of the game here. Also, Percy said the deal is contingent on City selling players. 

Grealish for 100 million plus Foden and De Bryune. Yeah ok then.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

The club is ahead of the game here. Also, Percy said the deal is contingent on City selling players. 

This has to be the case. Shitty's priority is clearly a striker over a playmaker as they don't currently have a good striker. No way they can afford to buy Kane and Grealish and NOT sell at least a couple of players for mega money.

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I wonder what Sterling makes of this, his place at Citeh would be at risk if Jack goes there and he’d likely have to make way to fund it. Could do with him telling Jack he’s better off staying at Villa. 

And if him, Stones, Walker or Foden say anything different, they’ll have Tyrone to answer to 🤣

Sterling, Mahrez, KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Torres. I know City rotate a lot but still a lot of players in the stands

Sterling is obviously the one they want out but probably the hardest to move

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Grealish for 100 million plus Foden and De Bryune. Yeah ok then.

What planet are you on I still wouldn't, I have loyalty to our captain, he's ours he ain't going anywhere ever till he's dead mate and even then he can have a plot on the grass somewhere.

Just put TalkSport on, Journo reporting on ‘when’ he moves to City because Villa not the type of club that could turn down £100M. Just shows NSWE still well under the radar with national media. 

Assuming he stays (course he will) there’s going to be some head scratching in that London.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Except Villa can't guarantee him European football, can they ? Let's be genuine. Yes we are ambitious, clearly. But you, nor i, can guarantee we'll qualify for Europe next season. Man City can. They can make that guarantee to him for next season and beyond. I would love Jack to stay, goes without saying. Jeez, i thought he was gone after that Monday night in Hull a few years ago. It's a short career. He needs to weigh things up and do what's best for him. If this gets into murky waters and Jack in private discussions intimates to the owners that he would like to speak to city and they refuse, then you are potentially letting individual ego infect a dressing room. We can't have that. Team is bigger than any player. 

No. But we all sacrifice the short term for a better long term. I do not know how Jack feels. I can only imagine what I would do in that situation. For me winning something with Villa is better than winning something Citeh. I would not want to leave this project, right now. But if he does then that is on him.

To reiterate my views on it:

NSWE have taken control of the narrative. They will fight for him. Push back the tide. If Jack goes he turns his back on us but I rest assured that the ownership did all they could. Look, Jack is ambitious, you can see that. But I have a sneaking feeling that he looks for any excuse or inkling to remain with us, that is just the lens I view this saga with. I have always envisaged next season as the real battle. Depending of Jacks' trajectory and Villas'. If he has an similar/improved season and we miss out on Europe again, well. 

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This has to be the case. Shitty's priority is clearly a striker over a playmaker as they don't currently have a good striker. No way they can afford to buy Kane and Grealish and NOT sell at least a couple of players for mega money.

It’s so blindly obvious that Stevie Wonder could see it. The media are bloody stupid. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yes. Club have been spot on with this, wrestling back control. Worst thing would be to say nothing.

To me Percy = Purslow

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Just put TalkSport on, Journo reporting on ‘when’ he moves to City because Villa not the type of club that could turn down £100M. Just shows NSWE still well under the radar with national media. 

Assuming he stays (course he will) there’s going to be some head scratching in that London.

It was exactly the same last year. News stories are profitable, it's as simple as that.

Â