The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, rayk said:

I think there are some issues re Sterling tbh. I know Jack provided the assist but I’ve noticed a number of times on how Jack has made himself available for the ball only for there to be a ponderous backwards or sideways pass only then to work it to Sterling.

the issue is that sterling just isn't very good  , not any grudge against Jack 

I commented the other week when Watkins was playing , both him and Grealish seem to be playing heads up , pass and move  , give and go 

Sterling , Kane , Foden etc seem to be playing head down go for glory 

I'd imagine that comes down to coaching and something our fans should be rather pleased about 

as i said yesterday , commentators were fawning over Saka yesterday  , but he's another headless chicken , running into dead ends when he could and should have released the ball much much earlier 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the issue is that sterling just isn't very good  , not any grudge against Jack 

I commented the other week when Watkins was playing , both him and Grealish seem to be playing heads up , pass and move  , give and go 

Sterling , Kane , Foden etc seem to be playing head down go for glory 

I'd imagine that comes down to coaching and something our fans should be rather pleased about 

as i said yesterday , commentators were fawning over Saka yesterday  , but he's another headless chicken , running into dead ends when he could and should have released the ball much much earlier 

Is everyone shit, Tony? Or are there some players you do like. Saka's a promising talent and Sterling is a very good player going through a bad vein of form at club level. Unless you think Southgate is setting the team up to allow the attacking players to thrive, I think it's a bit shitty to be judging them so harshly. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is anyone who is not Jack, automatically shite on here?

Are you seriously trying to say Saka is shit now?

i like him a lot, think he links with jack well too and can play in loads of roles / positions

he did look his age at times last night though, few bits of rawness or just a bit of lacking confidence despite playing so well, even with that though he was head and shoulders the MOTM and should start over foden next game, headless chicken is unfair, faultless would be an exaggeration though

put him on the left overlapping Jack and i think both would look better

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is anyone who is not Jack, automatically shite on here?

Are you seriously trying to say Saka is shit now?

I didn't say he was shit , read my post  , then watch Saka's  "highlights" 

so many wrong decisions , not least trying to dribble out his own box and getting caught  , holding the ball too long , not playing the correct pass , its a team game , not who can run into the most defenders 

Edited by tonyh29

sterling is a runner, and he's very good at it, got good movement and makes that run in to the channel or from the channel, him hitting the post in the 2nd minute is southgate ball and he is IMO the best player we have for it...its just southgate ball is shit, thats the problem...when we try to play the ball around, balls in to feet etc he's not good enough at it

ball in to feet, turn, play your pass, move to receive the ball again, he is surprisingly poor at it

ball in to space for him to run on to he's very good at it, it'd be interesting to see that stat for how many defenders he moves out of position too because i think he's good at that

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That post has a brilliant and true message, but Villa fans will be more upset by him saying Grealish isn't Gazza 🤣 than heeding the overall message.

🧐

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That post has a brilliant and true message, but Villa fans will be more upset by him saying Grealish isn't Gazza 🤣 than heeding the overall message.

EDIT: I only saw the dig at us after re reading the original post. My bad for speed reading and posting. Yes he's a prick.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Is everyone shit, Tony? Or are there some players you do like. Saka's a promising talent and Sterling is a very good player going through a bad vein of form at club level. Unless you think Southgate is setting the team up to allow the attacking players to thrive, I think it's a bit shitty to be judging them so harshly. 

where did I use the word shit to describe anyone ? 

I commented on the coaching of the villa players v players that seem to want to go for individual glory  , something that stats seem to  back up 

your ire , would be better directed at people that think every England player has a grudge against Grealish 

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I didn't say he was shit , read my post  , then watch Saka's  "highlights" 

so many wrong decisions , not least trying to dribble out his own box and getting caught  , holding the ball too long , not playing the correct pass , its a team game , not who an run into the most defenders 

Young player in making mistakes shocker. He's a teenager ffs cut him some slack. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

🧐

Fixed myself up in post above lol 

I had a quick read and thought he was basically saying England need to be a team, and not a collection of Billy Big Bollox.

I never initially read past " He's not Gazza ". I automatically assumed it would follow up with some sort of " they are brilliant in their own ways and different " type end, but upon rereading... Yeah 

Apologies to all again. I'm out on the road so only jumping in and out of topics.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

where did I use the word shit to describe anyone ? 

I commented on the coaching of the villa players v players that seem to want to go for individual glory  , something that stats seem to  back up 

your ire , would be better directed at people that think every England player has a grudge against Grealish 

You may as well have done. 

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

This is wrong on Kane btw. There's an interview with Gary Neville where Kane is very obvious in his admiration for Jack. I think Kane is just a player who likes to look for the scoring or assisting opportunity first, rather than playing the easy pass.

Sterling definitely doesn't release to Jack, and I'd be more inclined to think maybe there's some beef there, but Sterling's decision making has always been a bit useless. He only looks good when he's running in behind. Terrible player when the defence is set.

Shaw I didn't really notice. Be amazed if there's any issue there, probably just not used to playing with him.

This is an awfully sensible and reasoned post. You're not going to get much love for it in this thread. It's all about outrage, hyperbole and unfounded anger.

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Young player in making mistakes shocker. He's a teenager ffs cut him some slack. 

so we are in agreement  ..  glad we've sorted that , now we can get back to discussing Grealish 

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree but I think he spoils his own message by saying Grealish can't be Gazza because he hasn't played for a big club, which is an absurd point for a variety of reasons, and one that deserves ridicule. 

The point I take from it is that the manager can't utilise the talent available to him and make them play in a cohesive way. You can blame players, but these players aren't selfish and toothless at their clubs. Maybe they'd be more in tune if they played more in the creative footballing style of their clubs instead of the defensive, counterattacking slop you'd expect from a side trying to stave off relegation. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

When you talk about players not passing to Jack specifically you are making us all sound like loons.

Jack didn't get the ball because we have a crap system and crap mindset derived from the manager.

He faded badly. He's definitely still carrying a knock or total lack of match sharpness.

I'd like to think he's took him off to not put him in the red zone for next week....but i doubt it.

He doesn't fancy him. He's a woeful manager.

I've been seeing this for a while but a lot of the time when Jack is open and calling for the ball for an easy layoff, I've seen the likes of Walker and Sterling do this a few times, but they'd ignore him and go out of their way to try a more difficult, often backwards pass. It could well be that they're just tactically not good (doubt it, given they star for Pep at Man City) or that Southgate has them disjointed, but it looks weird for sure. 

• Like 1

Â