The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Who is Paul Parker and what did Grealish do to him?

“We made our group game against Scotland their cup final by belittling them off. We’ve allowed our press to make our players superstars. Other teams relish their moments against us. Teams win tournaments. The Germans are a team. We’ve got players more concerned with being the top man.

Our press always pick an individual to champion. All of a sudden we want to turn Jack Grealish into Paul Gascoigne. Grealish is never going to be Gascoigne. He was a one-off. He had an incredible personality that can’t be matched. He wanted to make or score great goals. He’s on his own as a player. Grealish can’t be Gascoigne when he hasn’t done it for a big club. He’s playing for Aston Villa. He’s a big fish in a small pond so let’s not build someone up just to be disappointed.

It’s not individuals that win you a tournament. Every machine that runs smoothly needs the small cogs. Small cogs help the big clogs turn and we’ve got a massive problem where we just want to talk about the big cogs.“

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/euro-2020/2021/euro-2020-paul-parker-bukayo-saka-has-to-keep-place-jack-grealish-will-never-be-paul-gascoigne_sto8386578/story.shtml

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure if it's true but there's a comment in reply to that that rice and phillips passed him the ball 2 times

That's absolutely **** mental 

England's problem in a stat 

He was extremely static off the ball, no denying that, which may have contributed to his limited number of received passes from some players in certain positions .... he definitely spent a significant portion of the match further forward than Kane (which is a massive Southgate issue allowing that to happen).

But there were several moments he was in an offensive position to receive the ball and a defensive pass was picked by the player instead. 

The whole game was tailored to ignore Grealish's strengths, and he still created our only goal 😑

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

“We made our group game against Scotland their cup final by belittling them off. We’ve allowed our press to make our players superstars. Other teams relish their moments against us. Teams win tournaments. The Germans are a team. We’ve got players more concerned with being the top man.

Our press always pick an individual to champion. All of a sudden we want to turn Jack Grealish into Paul Gascoigne. Grealish is never going to be Gascoigne. He was a one-off. He had an incredible personality that can’t be matched. He wanted to make or score great goals. He’s on his own as a player. Grealish can’t be Gascoigne when he hasn’t done it for a big club. He’s playing for Aston Villa. He’s a big fish in a small pond so let’s not build someone up just to be disappointed.

It’s not individuals that win you a tournament. Every machine that runs smoothly needs the small cogs. Small cogs help the big clogs turn and we’ve got a massive problem where we just want to talk about the big cogs.“

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/euro-2020/2021/euro-2020-paul-parker-bukayo-saka-has-to-keep-place-jack-grealish-will-never-be-paul-gascoigne_sto8386578/story.shtml

Ex Utd player banging the big club drum. Aka: a dickhead

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

woah woah woah! this Parker muppet clearly is jelly XD.

I mean if you can make as big an impact with less quality around you, doesn't that speak more for your ability than if you have better quality around you? lol

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Shots fired shots fired. Villa should bid £90m for Sancho. 

Edited by Sulberto21
Inserted the modal verb Should just in case I get called up on it.
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Remind me which big clubs Gascoigne played for 🤣. Embarrassing quote, some of these ex-footballers clearly headed the ball too many times. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Paul Parker......

Road Rage Jam GIF by JamCycling

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Right, which lines up with my first point: Kane, Sterling and Shaw (main culprits for me last night) don’t see Grealish as that creative fulcrum so ignore even the simple pass to him. 

Combine that with the paint-by-numbers way Southgate gets his team to play and it’s pretty thin gruel for a player like Jack to feed off. 

This is wrong on Kane btw. There's an interview with Gary Neville where Kane is very obvious in his admiration for Jack. I think Kane is just a player who likes to look for the scoring or assisting opportunity first, rather than playing the easy pass.

Sterling definitely doesn't release to Jack, and I'd be more inclined to think maybe there's some beef there, but Sterling's decision making has always been a bit useless. He only looks good when he's running in behind. Terrible player when the defence is set.

Shaw I didn't really notice. Be amazed if there's any issue there, probably just not used to playing with him.

32 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Right Back for England in 1990 world cup so played with Gascoigne. Gascoigne himself never really played for a big club. Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio and Rangers. None of them bigger than Villa imo

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He was extremely static off the ball, no denying that, which may have contributed to his limited number of received passes from some players in certain positions .... he definitely spent a significant portion of the match further forward than Kane (which is a massive Southgate issue allowing that to happen).

But there were several moments he was in an offensive position to receive the ball and a defensive pass was picked by the player instead. 

The whole game was tailored to ignore Grealish's strengths, and he still created our only goal 😑

I think you make some significant points.....but it only proves to me and maybe Jack, that moving would be a mistake.....We play to Jacks strengths, other teams don't feel obliged to.....I am not trying to hold Jack out to be teachers pet, but Southgate does not appear strong enough to dictate the play, to get the best out of Jack......Paul Parker, says its a team game, and his points maybe right, but its southgates job to demand that.

Jack is like a colourful budgie, who has just escaped and all the dull sparrows want to peck him, .....or in this case, not pass to him.

I am not sure its going to work for Jack, with this crowd, because I do think many are jockeying for position.....**** me Foden getting his hair dyed to look like Gazza, perhaps the media pissed him off talking about Jack and the similarities.

Aston Villa are on the way up and many ex footballers/punditd can't come to terms with that, hence the cheap shots about moving on.....**** me if this is anything to go by no body passes to him.

Jack doesn't just like a single pass, he wants one ,twos to keep moving the ball in to danger area's....He wants to move players around, I think the other England players see that as wanting to hog the ball ( like who do you think you are)

I think its going to be difficult for Jack....I think he will be one of those players who just make the club headlines and England will be like "hard work"

Just remember, despite all the accolades Paul Gascoigne gets, He wasn't universally accepted and George Best never made headlines of any sort at International level.

Come back home Jack, where you are loved and Appreciated.....to be fair, The England Fans love him, probably part of the same problem.

12 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This is wrong on Kane btw. There's an interview with Gary Neville where Kane is very obvious in his admiration for Jack. I think Kane is just a player who likes to look for the scoring or assisting opportunity first, rather than playing the easy pass.

Sterling definitely doesn't release to Jack, and I'd be more inclined to think maybe there's some beef there, but Sterling's decision making has always been a bit useless. He only looks good when he's running in behind. Terrible player when the defence is set.

Shaw I didn't really notice. Be amazed if there's any issue there, probably just not used to playing with him.

Just how it seemed during the game and those stats seem to support it (not detailed on the individuals involved, though). 

Could also just be a symptom of England’s slow, safe, ponderous playing style, but I think it’s both. If they won’t pass him the ball playing as a 10, he’s got no chance if Southgate glues him to the touch line - assuming he even starts again. 

45 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What big club did Gazza play for again?? 

• Like 2

Â