The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Or he just wasn't busting a gut to get in to the box because Southgate gave him instructions not to... 

Same as Rice and Phillips have to look over every time they cross the half way line

And if Jack rushed in to the box he'd probably be worried about passing kane on the way

As for sterling not passing to him, he barely passes to anyone, decision making is **** piss poor... And yet England try and play through him... Its one of our biggest issues, our main attacking player is a guy who chooses the wrong ball over and over again, its not a "the club won't pass to Jack thing" it's a he keeps picking the wrong pass in general thing 

• Like 3

I thought Grealish was one of our best players first half but not so effective in the second half when he was on (although as an attacking threat the whole team were woeful after the break).

Still think there is more to come from Grealish and there were a couple of occasions when he was holding back rather than getting into the box.

Hopefully done enough to start the next game - certainly deserves to...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Hopefully done enough to start the next game - certainly deserves to...

Assuming we are playing Germany next, there has to be a not-much-greater-than-zero chance of Jack starting. He's not going to do anything that 'risky'.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Assuming we are playing Germany next, there has to be a not-much-greater-than-zero chance of Jack starting. He's not going to do anything that 'risky'.

Yeah don't want to go to wild and play Jack against Germany or whoever else we play. Much better to play another defender and try and snatch a 1-0.

I'm glad they're ignoring him. 

Because he gets to feel like what it would be like playing with these clubs where he isn't the main man - so won't want to move to a club with a bunch of jealous nobheads.

Stirling didn't look like he wanted that hug from Jack after he crossed the ball for him.  Kinda just patted him on the back while looking around for his buddies.  (No. I'm not paranoid 🤪)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah don't want to go to wild and play Jack against Germany or whoever else we play. Much better to play another defender and try and snatch a 1-0.

That's better, now you sound like a man who has attended the

mqdefault.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Henderson

Or Bellingham, go 3 in front of the defence rather than 3 behind kane

Lose that game and he's in for a lot of shit for that call though 

Cant see him starting a 17 year old in such a big game even if he has played in a champions league semi-final and the balance wouldn't be right with Henderson in a 3. Having said that i think he will stick Mount back in and we'll see Foden back in for Saka. So apart from Maguire it will be the same 11 that drew against Scotland. 

• Like 1

The commentators said that Southgate and his assistants reviewed recent world Cup and euro championship winning teams and came to the conclusion that they were safe defensive teams.

I think it is apparent he wants to win and gives zero shits about looking good. Jack won't be used during the knockouts unless we need to come from behind.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

interesting thing from the Percy article that we are looking to use him as a #10

Thought the same. Expains why we're possibly stocking up on Jack-a-likes on either wing. 

2 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

I like Saka. He actively looks to make nice little interchanges with Grealish (while most of the team seem to try hard to avoid passing to him... sometimes embarrassingly so).

Him and Saka seem to spend a lot of time together. They look like great mates. Get Saka to villa Asap.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Or he just wasn't busting a gut to get in to the box because Southgate gave him instructions not to... 

Same as Rice and Phillips have to look over every time they cross the half way line

And if Jack rushed in to the box he'd probably be worried about passing kane on the way

As for sterling not passing to him, he barely passes to anyone, decision making is **** piss poor... And yet England try and play through him... Its one of our biggest issues, our main attacking player is a guy who chooses the wrong ball over and over again, its not a "the club won't pass to Jack thing" it's a he keeps picking the wrong pass in general thing 

Jack likes to play little one,twos......but some of the England players receive it off him and don't return it, they just look elsewhere.....Harry and Saka seem to get it.

I don't think they get the jist of Jack.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I was watching the game with my mate. He said he was the best player.

I felt he was average or poor. Shows how much better than the rest he is.

He's not at his best.....but many of the England players, don't play with him, like the Villa lads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thug said:

I'm glad they're ignoring him. 

Because he gets to feel like what it would be like playing with these clubs where he isn't the main man - so won't want to move to a club with a bunch of jealous nobheads.

Stirling didn't look like he wanted that hug from Jack after he crossed the ball for him.  Kinda just patted him on the back while looking around for his buddies.  (No. I'm not paranoid 🤪)

good point and apt.

Â