The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

25 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Most managers would instruct the midfield or defence to get it to grealish. Either Southgates instructions or half the team being dickheads. 2nd half we were rubbish, 2nd half he touched the ball probably 7 times ? Why ? Open several times and back it goes to Shaw who refuses point blank to give him the ball, same with sterling same with rice and Phillips. 

Clearly doesn't fit in to their little club.

Next time he needs to drive forwards and shoot for himself, just like the others do.

Quality unbiased assessment.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m really worried about those shins. I think it’s being overlooked. He hasn’t been himself now for how many weeks? I think he has a real problem. 

I really think it’s more to do with the tactics and the fact he’s not ‘the man’ in the England setup.

He’s at the heart of practically everything we create at Villa, and that’s how he likes it. He wants the ball all the time and he often gets it when playing in claret and blue. Obviously we can’t expect that to be the case for England, and I doubt it ever will be, though if he cements a place in the team he’ll get passed to a lot more and be able to do his thing.

I don’t think he’ll ever reach the heights of what we know he’s capable of in an England shirt as long as Southgate’s in charge with his negative tactics and penchant for passing backwards.

• Like 2

Yep - Sterling ignored him most of the time - I thought he might soften up having had Jack to thank for his goal - but he wasn't the only one. We're obviously too used to seeing him carry us, but he was underused by his team, in a game where the back 4 struggled to move it forwards. 

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Please tell me how many times Shaw, Sterling, rice or Phillips passed to him today. 

Wasn’t counting, but as established international footballers perhaps they saw other option that a Villa fan wearing claret and blue glasses didn’t.

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m really worried about those shins. I think it’s being overlooked. He hasn’t been himself now for how many weeks? I think he has a real problem. 

Don't worry too much, it'll be over by next week. Mount will be back in so don't be playing anyways.

He needs a good 2 months off. 

• Like 1

You can see it time and time again in his England appearances … he drives at players then plays an intelligent give and go

Sterling , Kane , Rashford , Foden  and Saka are all about personal glory and running into dead ends .

Jack barely touched the ball second half as our tactics basically negated him … side , side , backwards , ball to headless chicken , ball lost 

yeah Saka gets the headlines with his head down performance but analyse his game his end product was in most cases detrimental to what we need to be doing 

• Like 1

Walker and Sterling unquestionably avoid passing to him.

Was having a think and I remember him injuring Walker when they robbed us at Etihad. Plus Jack is basically coming for Sterling's spot so can see why they wouldn't fancy him.

Didn't notice it as obviously with others. Maybe Shaw.

10 hours ago, Okonokos said:

£5 to VillaTalk if he doesn't start with Sterling, Kane and Foden.

Done. Although I feel it was a technicality. Foden only didn't start because of being on a yellow and the tactics were still mind-numbing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Wasn’t counting, but as established international footballers perhaps they saw other option that a Villa fan wearing claret and blue glasses didn’t.

Well as I was watching the game with 2 Chelsea fans and a man utd fan and all said the same, im happy with my assessment thanks.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Well as I was watching the game with 2 Chelsea fans and a man utd fan and all said the same, im happy with my assessment thanks.

Can’t argue with Chelsea and Man Utd fans, I bow down to your collective knowledge and understanding.

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

England's best player with Saka. I get everyones concerns though. On the counter he wasn't trying to get on the end of anything. 

Yeah, it was obvious. He wasn't busting a gut to get into the box. Looked to me like he was playing through the pain. It's concerning. Just worry that this "stress" injury might only take one whack from a Pepe type player to turn into a fracture or break.

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He looked a bit lighter too. Got bumped off the ball a couple of times.

Southgate probably hasn't told the players to get the ball to Jack as often as you can. Or if he has they haven't got the memo. But that's because he's an afterthought in Gareths plans. He could have imposed himself more in the second half but it wasn't entirely down to him as everyone else decided to fall asleep! He will boss the games more with experience I think. 

Only sprinted when he had the ball. When he did, he looked the same Jack we know and love.

The rest of the time he was strolling around and being ignored by his teammates. 

It's a strange one. Not sure if he's just demotivated after being ignored by the Nose, if he's under instruction to save his energy for when he gets the ball, or if he's looking after his shins.

A real mystery,  but he definitely wasn't his full self today. Still, did more with the ball than anyone apart from possibly Saka. 

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Do you really think Southgate would play him if he had any reason whatsoever not to? Watch him in the first half when the ball is at his feet, he's as quick as ****. Much much quicker than when the team broke without him on the ball. I think it's by instruction the restriction in his game. 

• Like 4

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Do you really think Southgate would play him if he had any reason whatsoever not to? Watch him in the first half when the ball is at his feet, he's as quick as ****. Much much quicker than when the team broke without him on the ball. I think it's by instruction the restriction in his game. 

It’s without the ball that’s the concern. He just ambles around and doesn’t look to get into goal scoring positions or catch up with play. 

Odd.

Â