The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Southgate is an absolute buffoon. He's made the right decision (although had Mount been available, you wonder if Jack would be starting) but he's going to get more abuse after this game and rightly so.

England are probably the only international team in world football where Grealish wouldn't be the first name on the teamsheet.

1 minute ago, ThornburyVilla said:

He is definitely subdued, not sure if Southgate direction, or ridiculously slow build up play, or preserving energy as already through, or lack of confidence playing with England - versus the confidence he has when playing for us 

I think it might be the build up play. By the time it could reach Grealish everybody is back and in position.

1 minute ago, ThornburyVilla said:

He is definitely subdued, not sure if Southgate direction, or ridiculously slow build up play, or preserving energy as already through, or lack of confidence playing with England - versus the confidence he has when playing for us 

I imagine he's shackled by the system. There's been many times already when a Villa player would've looked for him, but instead these players look elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just watching England and he’s the best player and all my non-Villa mates are texting me saying how amazing he is, then I come on here and people aren’t impressed. We have such high standards for him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Just watching England and he’s the best player and all my non-Villa mates are texting me saying how amazing he is, then I come on here and people aren’t impressed. We have such high standards for him.

Yeah it’s weird, because we can see he’s only playing at 6/10 of his usual ability… yet even that 6/10 is so good compared to others.

If the non-Villa fans saw him play at 10/10, their minds would be blown.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I wouldn’t say it was unimpressed, more a case of knowing what he is capable of when the team works around him, and he has confidence to take it on 

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

yeah, but to be fair he sets those high standards himself!, he's that good 😜

Â