The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

If you look at the official England squad you will see there are only 5 midfielders in the squad. Of those 5 midfielders, Mount is the only recognised box2box MF. He’s now out. We’re left with what are essentially 3 recognised holding MFs in Phillips, Rice, and Henderson. Of those 3 DMF, Henderson hasn’t played a competitive match in over 3 months. Then we have 17yr old Jude Bellingham as a CM. So it’s clear to see that Southgate has left midfield incredibly vulnerable. And we know the squad has been left light at CF. It never was a particularly well balanced squad, I couldn’t understand why much of the media waxed lyrical about the squad upon its release. It’s far too heavy in defensive players. 

Bellingham 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Why on earth would they put the lineup on a big screen before it's officially announced? No chance, imo. The lineup from the usual suspects is almost certainly correct.

Testing, they'll do the PA system too

Edit - not that I'm saying it's true... Would also guess some journos are already there setting up and testing their own gear 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Why on earth would they put the lineup on a big screen before it's officially announced? No chance, imo. The lineup from the usual suspects is almost certainly correct.

An error.  It happens.  Bit of a random that the line up is different from previous line ups.  Who knows, we'll find out in 90 mins and then the mystery will be solved.

Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Testing, they'll do the PA system too

I can see them testing it, but don't think they'd have access to the real lineup until it's officially decided and given to the ref, etc.

We'll see in about an hour and a half, I guess!

1 minute ago, Thug said:

I’m calling that out as bollocks, as it also states that Southgate is a ‘coach’

Good point, We all know that it should state "Useless word removed" 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Would be typical for the pundits and press to slate him if he doesn't put in a motm performance tonight. 

Unless he gets a hat trick and 5 assists his manager probably will. 

Big night for Grealish tonight. At least three VT members have cold hard cash riding on him being UEFA player of the match. Don’t let us down now Jackie boy!

Oh and score a goal or two in the process, you’ll enjoy it :)

Â