The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

So Grealish is starting tonight. Let’s hope that’s the case. I just hope he puts in the kind of performance we all know he’s capable of. A real top class showing where he runs the game and wins it for England. I want him to make it impossible for Southgate to leave him out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

What p**** in the set up keeps leaking the starting lineup? It can't be helpful.

There will definitely be some players that leak in exchange for more favourable stories being ran about them in the papers, but also I reckon there's an element of the England staff leaking to gauge public opinion of certain decisions. It may be a bit conspiritorial, but for me I don't believe the story for a second that Alexander-Arnold was told months ago that he was included, and I personally think Southgate was uncertain on it right up until the final selection, and wanted to gauge how pissed off people would be if he was left out.

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

What p**** in the set up keeps leaking the starting lineup? It can't be helpful.

The only sodding idiot who can be leaking the team in the first place is the hooknosed fuckcannon who picks it. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

The only sodding idiot who can be leaking the team in the first place is the hooknosed fuckcannon who picks it. 

The team or his nose?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, birdman said:

Stand down everybody lol. Grealish starts. In goal. 

You say that but he'll still start in a position and role that he doesn't play for villa in a system that doesn't suit any of the attacking players

I'm braced for him starting but not doing anything other than being stifled by the tactics 

Midfield 3 with Phillips and Rice, with Harry moping about alongside him rather than moving about in front and Maguire pushing forward with the ball not knowing what the **** to do with it once he gets there... Good luck to him 

I hope he smashes it, maguire throws one in and we draw 

11 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Looks like Jack might be starting centrally, between Saka and Sterling. Great opportunity to own his starting spot.

Saka and Jack link really well so happy with that 

Still no sancho though? Crazy that he's persisting with sterling 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think the Sancho treatment is pretty crazy after the season he's had. Very similar to Jack pre injury. No manager should be ignoring the data. The fact that Southgate does indicates he's all about his favourites and not as impartial as he should be. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Maybe it’s on purpose, the same way the government leaks covid shit before the announcements. They’re aware of the strong reactions so they drip feed suggestions to manage it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I think the Sancho treatment is pretty crazy after the season he's had. Very similar to Jack pre injury. No manager should be ignoring the data. The fact that Southgate does indicates he's all about his favourites and not as impartial as he should be. 

I dunno if he's over thinking everything, each of these attacking talents plays a certain way and he's trying to fit them in to his system and his shape when in reality they're maybe good enough to send them out there with their bollocks tickled and let them play football 

Jack plays for villa like this and we don't, sancho plays for dortmund like this and we don't... Its all bollocks

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno if he's over thinking everything, each of these attacking talents plays a certain way and he's trying to fit them in to his system and his shape when in reality they're maybe good enough to send them out there with their bollocks tickled and let them play football 

Jack plays for villa like this and we don't, sancho plays for dortmund like this and we don't... Its all bollocks

carry on teacher GIF

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Ornstein keeps getting it so somebody with an Arsenal connection 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I totally agree.

Southgate I think definitely over analyses, in turn treating accomplished footballers as little children that can't be trusted or cannot adjust. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They do.

Â