The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Still not seen any evidence of the team for later apart from that one link, i feel like people are jumping the gun a bit here.

I would love us to be wrong, but I think he's more likely to start Bellingham. :(

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

So I've been racking my brain for who Gareth Southgate reminds me of. Finally narrowed it down to two contenders:

Hide contents

Jim; American Pie on Make a GIF

Hide contents

Up Movie Kevin Bird GIFs | Tenor

Nope, he's been around since 1937

Snow White, The Witch, and The Apple - YouTube

• Haha 1

I'm torn between wanting to be patriotic, get behind the boys not matter what is and will happen and an incandescent rage for Southgate that he is wasting a lot of attacking talent with his idiocy. Jack is top of that pile. England have not had a player like him in my lifetime.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I'm torn between wanting to be patriotic, get behind the boys not matter what is and will happen and an incandescent rage for Southgate that he is wasting a lot of attacking talent with his idiocy. Jack is top of that pile. England have not had a player like him in my lifetime.  

If he played for Manutd / Liverpool I suspect it would have all being quite different for our Jack.

I think it might be that simple.

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Nearest for me, for his impact on a game:

image.jpeg.d3c62073c525787b3630f7f14702fe16.jpeg

7 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It's a tough one isn't it? With the talent we have available, we should be tearing up this tournament. Southgate has never shown anything to justify his selection as England manager from a competency perspective. I would love to see a decent manager with this team - we would stand a very very good chance of actually winning the thing!

I want England to win, I want them to do well, but if they do it will be luck rather than judgement, then Southgate stays on! After the rave reviews he got after the WC where we were knocked out as soon as we came up against a half decent team can you imagine the plaudits if we make it to the quarters?

8 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

England have had one, his name was Paul Gascoigne who was a terribly troubled and sensitive character. It was a testament to just how good Gazza was that he still managed to have such an impact in his brief career on the international stage. 

Had he been less troubled he would have been considered in the bracket with Zidane, Socrates etc. in the pantheon of attacking mids. 

A genuine tragedy that he only managed two major championships for us in over 13 years at the top. 

Just now, John said:

Nearest for me, for his impact on a game:

image.jpeg.d3c62073c525787b3630f7f14702fe16.jpeg

I do not see this myself. Granted it was a touch before my lifetime, so I cannot judge properly. I consider Gascoigne more unreliable and unprofessional on the pitch. A moments player, so to speak. Someone who would go missing for large portions of a game and then pop up with a moment of absolute skill to wow. Jack drives a team, demands a standard. He is constant and relentless threat. Jack is an absolute athlete too. 

Would really like to hear peoples views on why the comparison is apt though. As I do not really know much about Gazza, other than the sad stuff.

• Like 2

Â