The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Stats don’t always tell the full story, I think it is tight between the 2 of them as to who is the better striker. England will benefit from having both of them in the squad in the coming years (after this tournament in Watkins’ case of course)

Both Bamford and Watkins are twice the player calvert-Lewin is. And we are already paying for the decision of bringing someone who scored 5 goals in his last ~25 games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Greenfly, do you really think that is the case that he is bored of being striker? He’s worked his whole life to get where he is now, I very much doubt that he is bored of being a striker all of a striker, I think that is an overreaction. These are the peak years of his career 

His peak years were 3 years ago. He has been crocked so many times he can't turn anymore. 

25 minutes ago, claretman said:

I've yet to speak to anyone who thinks that Southgate is doing a good job and that Grealish is being treated fairly.  When we do crash out, I really hope the tabloids turn the heat on Southgate just like they did with Graham Taylor, Bobby Robson, Steve McLaren et al.

They probably won't because they like him and they think that that the fans do as well. The FA certainly do, because he's a yes man in a suit. 

Right, I've booked a round of golf for this evening then. Not watching any more England games under that loser. Hopefully he will lose his job after the Euros anyway, because he deserves it. Pathetic manager.

• Like 1

Southgate will now be “thinking” that in the last 16 game there is a good chance that we could face France, Germany or Portugal. He won’t consider for a moment how we could play to hurt those teams. Instead he’ll be quacking in his boots and working on a plan to defend, defend, defend. So that midfield three that @CarryOnVilla mentioned above could well be what he goes with, to prepare for next week. 

Depressing isn’t it? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Still not seen any evidence of the team for later apart from that one link, i feel like people are jumping the gun a bit here.

£5 to VillaTalk if he doesn't start with Sterling, Kane and Foden.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Both Bamford and Watkins are twice the player calvert-Lewin is. And we are already paying for the decision of bringing someone who scored 5 goals in his last ~25 games. 

I've got no issue with DCL being in the squad. In fact he should be there IMO. I have an issue that neither Watkins nor Bamford are also in the squad, considering we have 3 right backs.

• Like 4

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If we finish second he does. 

Even if we win the group I’m not sure how you can throw him back in considering he won’t have trained with the team at all. Southgate will pick him irrespective though. 

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Even if we win the group I’m not sure how you can throw him back in considering he won’t have trained with the team at all. Southgate will pick him irrespective though. 

lol. He will 100% start. There isn't a scenario in the world where Mason Mount doesn't play as our no.10 for 90 minutes if he is fit and available for selection. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Southgate will now be “thinking” that in the last 16 game there is a good chance that we could face France, Germany or Portugal. He won’t consider for a moment how we could play to hurt those teams. Instead he’ll be quacking in his boots and working on a plan to defend, defend, defend. So that midfield three that @CarryOnVilla mentioned above could well be what he goes with, to prepare for next week. 

Depressing isn’t it? 

I’m so glad I’m not English

Goodfellas GIF

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

On the other hand,  he might start him and Jack has one of those games where he runs the game like for the Villa.

If they give him the ball

If Jack gets a start then he’s got to demand it, especially if he plays centrally. Expecting the others to play progressive football hasn’t worked for him in any game so far, it’s not the way waistcoat sets them up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Right, I've booked a round of golf for this evening then. Not watching any more England games under that loser. Hopefully he will lose his job after the Euros anyway, because he deserves it. Pathetic manager.

If you wait a few days you could make it a foursome with these three (Southgate would have been free to come along as well, but he's got no casual gear (your can't play golf in a suit, a waistcoat or a shacket after all) :D:

image.jpeg.7c6b80519d0525e6daed4147d0289450.jpeg Big-game players will overcome Scotland's tournament inexperience – Steve  Clarke - Independent.ie Piers Morgan and Harry Kane to take part in celebrity pro-am golf  tournament - Mirror Online

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John said:

Southgate would have been free to come along as well,

Him playing golf,  hows that work then ? 

Something like,  around the green is good enough,  ball outside of green but loads of ball possession,  no putting though as he could give the ball away too easily in them areas.

If he plays golf like football his round will be 180 with 0 holes finished.

• Like 1

You look at how other managers have other teams playing, like Mancini at Italy. Like a well oiled machine, creating chances, scoring and defending so well.

It's just heartbreaking to see Southgate take the most exciting array of English attacking talent in living memory and making them eek out draws with very few chances against average teams. 

• Like 3

Â