The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So while Jack is supremely talented he only really works if you build the team around him as when he's in the team it doesn't work with the rest of the team tactically. Where Sterling on left can be replaced by Sancho or Rashford and it works in the same system. I think England need to build the team around a Jack / Kane axis with Sancho/Foden in the wide areas for the World Cup if they are to be successful. It just doesn't fit right now the way the team has set up for past 24 months.

See what you're saying but I disagree. Surprised a Villa fan could think that.

The boy is a genius, adapts incredibly well to any situation.

I think our best line-up is the one you said with Foden + Sancho wide and Jack central. I also don't think that's hard to see, so why it's being resisted by the manager is strange.

19 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Incredible stats which prove what we all see. Jack is one of the hardest working wide men in world football. In 28 minutes he's got nearly the most pressures. Imagine him playing 60 minutes X 2. He's be on something like 50/60. 

I don't have any issues with fraudgate other than that he's shite.

Edit - I have been corrected below.

Edited by Sulberto21

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Incredible stats which prove what we all see. Jack is one of the hardest working wide men in world football. In 28 minutes he's got nearly the most pressures. Imagine him playing 60 minutes X 2. He's be on something like 50/60. 

I don't have any issues with fraudgate other than that he's shite.

These stats are per game averages from the PL season afaik

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Greenfly, do you really think that is the case that he is bored of being striker? He’s worked his whole life to get where he is now, I very much doubt that he is bored of being a striker all of a striker, I think that is an overreaction. These are the peak years of his career 

I'm sure he's not really. It just seems that way to watch him sometimes. Of course it could be Southgate shackling him, but that's just how it looks.

I don’t think it’s Kane. His goalscoring has been remarkably consistent in the Prem for a good while now. He’s world class. It’s the system. He gets no service whatsoever. 

• Like 2

Wow, even with his golden boy out with potential Covid, qualification pretty much already confirmed, he still can't bare to start him. 

What a shite manager you have. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Not starting tonight apparently 

Its all about Southgate demonstrating that he makes the calls not the fans, the pundits or the press. He doesn't like Jack and he begrudges having been forced to give him any time in this competition, or even as much as one cap. He picks the players that he trusts and likes. They are mainly dour midfield players or yes men like he is. Rather than pick players that he sees as "mavericks" like Jack, that could take us into the later stages of this competition. They are players who are off form, carrying injuries or who have let us down before. I thought that he would be forced to try going forward in this game and that Jack was an obvious choice, but if he did pick him and Jack had a blinder, it would make it difficult to drop him for the next match, so far better to not give him a chance to force his hand. He is ruining a chance to give it a real go like El Tel did in 1996. He is like Greenwood and Hodgson before him. Yes men, who picked dull losing England teams. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Thug said:

Southgate’s ‘tactics’ are to keep a tight ship, and hope that his choice of 3 out of the big pool of supremely talented attacking players manage to get a goal.

This really is like a granny in a Sports car situation. She’ll get you from A to B just fine, not likely to crash it either.  But by god you just want the bitch to floor it.

To be honest it think there is a lot of wisdom there. 

Going to my first game since the 2020 Carabao Cup Final tonight and this has just sucked the life out of it for me.
Oh well, there'll be beer!

Edited by Wainy316

I've yet to speak to anyone who thinks that Southgate is doing a good job and that Grealish is being treated fairly.  When we do crash out, I really hope the tabloids turn the heat on Southgate just like they did with Graham Taylor, Bobby Robson, Steve McLaren et al.

4 minutes ago, claretman said:

I've yet to speak to anyone who thinks that Southgate is doing a good job and that Grealish is being treated fairly.  When we do crash out, I really hope the tabloids turn the heat on Southgate just like they did with Graham Taylor, Bobby Robson, Steve McLaren et al.

Mount has to isolate for 10 days now confirmed. Even more pressure not to leave Jack out. 

Â