The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Kane isn't a Guardiola player at all neither is Haaland.

Be surprised if there's anything in it.

Aguero wasn't when Pep first came but he changed his game and that worked out pretty well??

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’m not going to argue with you. We disagree about Grealish positioning, we disagree on something else and now we disagree on this. We see things differently, I got massively told off last time by the mods for our discussions last time so I’m not arguing with you again.  I think Kane is right for Man City, obviously with this bid so does Pep so I’m obviously on the right track. I’ll leave you to debate with others.

A certain someone is agreeing with me so maybe I am wrong. 

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Mount is definitely out, 10 day self-isolation… Grealish in? Well, that’s not quite so certain.

Maybe Trippier or TAA - those right backs can play anywhere across midfield don't you know!🤔😡

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

Aguero wasn't when Pep first came but he changed his game and that worked out pretty well??

Agueros dad alleges pep forced him out. And didn't want to play him. He only did because of how effective his scoring was. 

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I really wouldn't read anything into that throwaway comment about Totti.

Yeah but I wouldn’t dismiss it when it goes with many other comments about Villa.  I can only go by what his many comments seem to suggest.  I can only go by him signing a 5 year contract literally 9 months ago knowing where we currently are as a club.  He could’ve stayed on his contract or if he wanted more money, a small contract extension with a hefty pay rise but no he signed a 5 year contract.  I can keep going so one comment I agree I could dismiss but many comments, many actions all point in him wanting to stay and being happy at Villa.  I think he wants to give Villa enough time to try and he wants to be part of that.  If in a couple of years time it isn’t working he’ll still be young enough to move to a CL club like it looks like Kane will this close season.  He gave Spurs time but now at his age it’s time to move on.  I think Jack will be the same.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Agueros dad alleges pep forced him out. And didn't want to play him. He only did because of how effective his scoring was. 

I think Harry's record, goalscoring and assists, over the last few years is as good as, if not better than, Aguero's record?

Just now, barry'sboots said:

I think Harry's record, goalscoring and assists, over the last few years is as good as, if not better than, Aguero's record?

Certainly not the last few years. Aguero holds the best GPM ratio on premier league history. Kane is already on a downward trend. He's injury prone and his assists aren't actually that great. He had a purple patch this year for 10 games or so where he got like 10 assists (4 in one game).

His passing is honestly not that great except for through balls for son. 

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I'd say if City want Jack they need to be showing interest this summer with a view to bidding for him next summer. I can't see our valuation of him changing much between this summer and next. He's a 100m+ player

Unless he notches 30-40 goal contributions next season, which with the way he's been upping his game season on season, I wouldn't put it past him.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

How isn't Watkins in the squad... 

Would be such an amazing option for England 

Last season was only his first season in the Premier League, it is sensible not to rush him and good for us as him not being in the squad won’t alert other clubs to his talents. He’s inexperienced for a Premier League player, let alone an international one

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Last season was only his first season in the Premier League, it is sensible not to rush him and good for us as him not being in the squad won’t alert other clubs to his talents. He’s inexperienced for a Premier League player, let alone an international one

He's much better than Calvert Lewin. Better stats on everything except for 2 goals and 1 fewer aerials won per game. Fewer big chances missed, better creations better dribbling, passing, hold up play. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He's much better than Calvert Lewin. Better stats on everything except for 1 goal and aerials won. Fewer big chances missed, better creations better dribbling, passing, hold up play. 

Stats don’t always tell the full story, I think it is tight between the 2 of them as to who is the better striker. England will benefit from having both of them in the squad in the coming years (after this tournament in Watkins’ case of course)

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No-one should be assured of a first team at club or international level, they have to earn it with performances on the pitch

But our glorious leader, AKA The Emu, only brought one alternative CF along and he hasn’t been on form for his club for months. It doesn’t matter though because while Harry Kane has two legs he’ll be picked. 

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He's much better than Calvert Lewin. Better stats on everything except for 2 goals and 1 fewer aerials won per game. Fewer big chances missed, better creations better dribbling, passing, hold up play. 

The point is, it should never have been one or the other. Both players should be in the squad. Safegate picked way too many defenders!

Just now, jjaacckk91 said:

Another BBC interview with Jack, yet again comes across so well, I don't see how anyone can dislike the guy.

Its only Geeky Gareth who doesnt like him isnt it? If trawling social media has shown me one thing during the Euros, its that all the stick and non-acceptance that he is genuinely one of the best players in the league is just a tribal/rivalry/jealousy thing. Its pretty unanimous now he’s got an England shirt on that he’s this country’s finest player. 

58 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

But our glorious leader, AKA The Emu, only brought one alternative CF along and he hasn’t been on form for his club for months. It doesn’t matter though because while Harry Kane has two legs he’ll be picked. 

He’s a natural goalscorer DaveAV1, he just needs one to go in off his knee in the Euros and then he’ll go on a goal scoring run and then the whole nation will be on his side, we’re a fickle bunch

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a natural goalscorer DaveAV1, he just needs one to go in off his knee in the Euros and then he’ll go on a goal scoring run and then the whole nation will be on his side, we’re a fickle bunch

He's a natural goalscorer as long as he's in the box, where goals tend to be scored. Unfortunately he's never in the box anymore.

I'm fine with strikers wandering around the pitch, pulling wide or dropping deep to create passing options etc, but Kane seems to rarely actually put himself in goalscoring positions for England these days. It's almost like he's bored of being a striker or something.

• Like 2

Â