The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you being serious?

Yes

Spurs have told their new manager or expected manager or whatever to expect Kane to be part of his plans. And he will be with the squad next season. 

Edited by MotoMkali

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Being reported that Man City have submitted a 100m bid for Kane.  If that's true then that has to definitely mean Jack is staying at Villa.  No way would they buy two 100m players in a summer, not even Man City would do that.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

bid.JPG

It still leaves a move open to his boyhood club

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes

Spurs have told their new manager or expected manager or whatever to expect Kane to be part of his plans. And he will be with the squad next season. 

I think your the only person that believes this.  He’ll be in the Man City squad before pre season starts in my opinion.  This will take about a month to complete but it’ll be done now it has started mainly because Kane is desperate to leave.

p.s. Kane has 3 years left on his contract.

Edited by nick76

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think your the only person that believes this.  He’ll be in the Man City squad before pre season starts in my opinion.  This will take about a month to complete but it’ll be done now it has started mainly because Kane is desperate to leave.

I also don't understand why City would want Kane. He doesn't fit their playstyle at all. Would make far more sense if they want for someone like Isak who could be their striker for the next decade. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I also don't understand why City would want Kane. He doesn't fit their playstyle at all. Would make far more sense if they want for someone like Isak who could be their striker for the next decade. 

I means seriously! To most people he's the missing link that team required last season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I means seriously! To most people he's the missing link that team required last season. 

I don't understand your first sentence.

I mean why was he the missing link. They scored as many goals as they have every season (tbf less than last 2 but Kane isn't going to make up for Sane leaving, Jesus going to shit, Sterling going to shit, and Bernardo Silva not performing as well as he did). They lost in the CL final because pep tried to be too clever. But a true false 9 is peps bread and butter. I don't know why he would sign a player who can beat a man, can't consistently pass, can't create for others except for balls in behind etc. Makes zero sense. 

Edited by MotoMkali

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I don’t agree, I think he’d be great for them.  They play brilliant with a false nine which he has become and he’s a quality goal scorer.  Kane has been hinting he wants to leave to win trophies for months, City have been linked with him for months.  There are rumours Kane has a gentleman agreement from last summer with Levy to leave this summer although I take this rumour with a pinch of salt.  Things seem to have started now with the first bid going in for 100m.  I expect this to be a transfer saga with Levy getting every pound of flesh and then Kane unveiled in a Man City shirt….like below

8511ABA1-4496-4E14-ABE6-EF6BAA6D90BE.jpeg

CF3DAF96-46DE-4432-A26B-AB71A3A5CCF8.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t agree, I think he’d be great for them.  They play brilliant with a false nine which he has become and he’s a quality goal scorer.  Kane has been hinting he wants to leave to win trophies for months, City have been linked with him for months.  There are rumours Kane has a gentleman agreement from last summer with Levy to leave this summer although I take this rumour with a pinch of salt.  Things seem to have started now with the first bid going in for 100m.  I expect this to be a transfer saga with Levy getting every pound of flesh and then Kane unveiled in a Man City shirt….like below

8511ABA1-4496-4E14-ABE6-EF6BAA6D90BE.jpeg

CF3DAF96-46DE-4432-A26B-AB71A3A5CCF8.jpeg

Kane isn't a false 9. He drops deep but he can't actually create for others except for balls in behind which city rarely do and he can't beat a man. Like what need to they have for him. Give them someone who can make runs, beat a man, and finish and they'd be better than them having Kane.

He got 4 assists in his last 25 games. Not a false 9.

Edited by MotoMkali

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't understand your first sentence.

I mean why was he the missing link. They scored as many goals as they have every season. They lost in the CL final because pep tried to be too clever. But a true false 9 is peps bread and butter. I don't know why he would sign a player who can beat a man, can't consistently pass, can't create for others except for balls in behind etc. Makes zero sense. 

I think your not seeing what everybody else is. He looks the perfect piece for them.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Kane isn't a false 9. He drops deep but he can't actually create for others except for balls in behind which city rarely do and he can't beat a man. Like what need to they have for him. Give them someone who can make runs, beat a man, and finish and they'd be better than them having Kane.

I’m not going to argue with you. We disagree about Grealish positioning, we disagree on something else and now we disagree on this. We see things differently, I got massively told off last time by the mods for our discussions last time so I’m not arguing with you again.  I think Kane is right for Man City, obviously with this bid so does Pep so I’m obviously on the right track. I’ll leave you to debate with others.

35 minutes ago, birdman said:

England midfield update: 

With Maguire being fit the possibility is finally here for Gareth to bring him in for Mount, go 3 at the back with 2 holding midfielders, with Trippier in at LB for extra stability. Sterling and Rashford up with Kane to chase long balls over the top, the dream 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Other Mat said:

Does anyone genuinely believe Grealish could leave before he's had chance to play in front of a full Villa Park again? It just doesn't seem like something he would even entertain. 

Yes.

Jack loves us, he also loves football. If he has the opportunity at age 25 to go and play under a better manager, with better players, and on those big CL nights, he will take it. Naive to believe otherwise. Doesn't mean he doesn't love us and our fans, but IMO he would go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yes.

Jack loves us, he also loves football. If he has the opportunity at age 25 to go and play under a better manager, with better players, and on those big CL nights, he will take it. Naive to believe otherwise. Doesn't mean he doesn't love us and our fans, but IMO he would go.

Not convinced, feels like a guy that wants to try and do things here.  He’s doing what we all wanted to do as kids is play football at Villa Park and be the main player.  He’s talked about it so often.  He’s talked how loyal Totti was to Roma.  Seems to suggest he wants to try and win things here than easily win things at somewhere like Man City. He’ll at least give us another season to see how we can progress.  If we keep progressing I think he keep staying.  Call me naive I guess but the hints from him are all there.

Â