The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

31 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It was reported at the time that his contract did include a buy out clause.

It included a relegation clause. That's it. 

Purslow has said multiple times none of our players have buyout clauses. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, bose said:

Or possibly he wouldn't have signed a new contract last year if there was no clause and then left?

I'm not sure there is a buyout clause because should the situation arise that Jack feels its time to move on its in both his and the clubs interest to get a deal done. The relationship Jack has with Villa I just don't think it would be necessary to have one. There may be some other contractual stipulation though that caters for such a situation. Perhaps I'm just being too rosy though! 

Edited by birdman

The Athletic trying to uncover the truth:
https://www.givemesport.com/1710099-jack-grealish-report-unpicks-england-stars-complicated-relationship-with-southgate

“..Well, a recent report from The Athletic has aimed to shed light on the situation ahead of the final Group D game against the Czech Republic at Wembley. 

The report lists five key points that are influencing the relationship between Southgate and Grealish. 

Firstly, the England manager is a fan of Grealish but doesn't totally trust him to do what he wants on the pitch. Rather pertinently, both have differing ideas on Grealish's best position while the player himself suspects his party-boy image could be counting against him. 

It's also been reported that Grealish had a poor relationship with England U21 manager Aidy Boothroyd, who was a close ally of Southgate's during their time together in the England setup. 

The final reason concerns Southgate's overall handling of the squad, with certain players believing he has favourites in the dressing room - including Jordan Henderson, Mount and Sterling.

That is not to say that the relationship between the pair is strained

"Any talk that Gareth has an issue with Jack, or doesn’t like him as a person, couldn’t be further from the truth,” said a source close to the squad. 

The disagreements over his best position and his image, which does have undertones of a bygone era that Southgate has made clear strides to eradicate, could well be counting against Grealish as he bids to establish himself in the XI..”

29 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

The Athletic trying to uncover the truth:
https://www.givemesport.com/1710099-jack-grealish-report-unpicks-england-stars-complicated-relationship-with-southgate

“..Well, a recent report from The Athletic has aimed to shed light on the situation ahead of the final Group D game against the Czech Republic at Wembley. 

The report lists five key points that are influencing the relationship between Southgate and Grealish. 

Firstly, the England manager is a fan of Grealish but doesn't totally trust him to do what he wants on the pitch. Rather pertinently, both have differing ideas on Grealish's best position while the player himself suspects his party-boy image could be counting against him. 

It's also been reported that Grealish had a poor relationship with England U21 manager Aidy Boothroyd, who was a close ally of Southgate's during their time together in the England setup. 

The final reason concerns Southgate's overall handling of the squad, with certain players believing he has favourites in the dressing room - including Jordan Henderson, Mount and Sterling.

That is not to say that the relationship between the pair is strained

"Any talk that Gareth has an issue with Jack, or doesn’t like him as a person, couldn’t be further from the truth,” said a source close to the squad. 

The disagreements over his best position and his image, which does have undertones of a bygone era that Southgate has made clear strides to eradicate, could well be counting against Grealish as he bids to establish himself in the XI..”

Many of us have speculated on these same reasons but the fact is if Southgate is still holding onto these things as an excuse not to play him hes a very weak manager indeed. We all know he's stubborn but fine line between that and outright stupidity. 

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Being reported that Man City have submitted a 100m bid for Kane.  If that's true then that has to definitely mean Jack is staying at Villa.  No way would they buy two 100m players in a summer, not even Man City would do that.

This crossed my mind too. Striker far more of a priority for them than a LW/CAM.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Being reported that Man City have submitted a 100m bid for Kane.  If that's true then that has to definitely mean Jack is staying at Villa.  No way would they buy two 100m players in a summer, not even Man City would do that.

Plus if they do get Kane it's gonna cost more than that.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

bid.JPG

Breaking news Arsenal fans believe Kane will join them along with Jack.

• Haha 2

Citeh bidding £100m for Kane is almost certainly good news for us, but another strong season from Jack and I reckon he'll be Pep's number one target next year. Never really felt worried that he'd be off this summer - but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for silly money next year. As others have said, a striker is a much more pressing concern for them at the moment than another attacking mid 

I'd say if City want Jack they need to be showing interest this summer with a view to bidding for him next summer. I can't see our valuation of him changing much between this summer and next. He's a 100m+ player

6 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Citeh bidding £100m for Kane is almost certainly good news for us, but another strong season from Jack and I reckon he'll be Pep's number one target next year. Never really felt worried that he'd be off this summer - but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for silly money next year. As others have said, a striker is a much more pressing concern for them at the moment than another attacking mid 

Key thing for us is to show progress.  If we can get into the European spots and then re-invest again next summer, I think Jack would probably want to stay.  I imagine he would be very keen to lead the Villa out in Europe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

This crossed my mind too. Striker far more of a priority for them than a LW/CAM.

Given the way Kane plays now he would certainly suit them in that false 9 role.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

bid.JPG

Spurs aren't selling and have no reason to sell. Kane had 4 years left.

Also no way city actually bid for Kane. He doesn't fit their football. 

41 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Spurs aren't selling and have no reason to sell. Kane had 4 years left.

Also no way city actually bid for Kane. He doesn't fit their football. 

Are you being serious?

Â