The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, TRO said:

"won't " be influenced, by outside noise.

He see's Jack as a circus act......If he can resist the calls and still win, he will go down as a strong manager.....thats the essence of all this.

Personally, I have very mixed feelings......if they don't want to use him, all the better for us....lets have a fresh Jack back.....albeit, he does lighten up a dull show.

but I feel sorry for him more than anything, because he deserves better.

I think his selection was always under duress from Gareth.

The ironic thing is that he is being influenced by outside forces in a lot of peoples mind.  He's been stubborn not playing Grealish who is one of the best talents England have.  He gets questioned about Grealish definitely but he also brings up Grealish indirectly a lot by overplaying how well Sterling played and previously players like Mount when the question was directing towards Grealish.  Then he comments about he wont be influenced by outside noises which you can argue either way that he is by not including Grealish stubbornly despite that he should be or maybe he is just doing it because he doesnt want to play Grealish.

I dont understand cutting your nose to spite your face mentally re your second line...it feels like stubborness.  If it was just the first game the other day or saying we have to be careful because Jack has been injured but we know Southgate was reluctant to bring Jack into the squad when he first broke into the squad.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I hate when people say 'league winners'. Why not talk about what that player has done in particular? The fact that someone has won a league/CL means **** all.

Does it? 

OK bring in his 62 caps for England instead, Jack has no experience at this level, or at European level

I've already said I think sterling over Jack is due to the tactics that we play but there's plenty of reasons why to start sterling over him, the best player in the squad stuff needs to be relaxed and the c&b glasses taken off 

Even the poor form argument goes out the window thanks to Jack's injury, sterling has been poor for 3 months but he's been playing... 

I don't like Jack not starting, I don't like Southgate l but Jack hasn't got a god given right to start for England, again - especially not under the tactics we play 

I hope Jack plays and I hope we play differently but if we don't then sterling is better than him at southgates ball over the top pace done the wings bullshit, that's cold hard reality 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Does it? 

OK bring in his 62 caps for England instead, Jack has no experience at this level, or at European level

I've already said I think sterling over Jack is due to the tactics that we play but there's plenty of reasons why to start sterling over him, the best player in the squad stuff needs to be relaxed and the c&b glasses taken off 

Even the poor form argument goes out the window thanks to Jack's injury, sterling has been poor for 3 months but he's been playing... 

I don't like Jack not starting, I don't like Southgate l but Jack hasn't got a god given right to start for England, again - especially not under the tactics we play 

I hope Jack plays and I hope we play differently but if we don't then sterling is better than him at southgates ball over the top pace done the wings bullshit, that's cold hard reality 

Who the hell are you to say Jack hasn't a God Damn right, Ask God himself he will tell you straight Jack's in..😋

• Like 2

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I thought it was Arsenal?   :crylaugh:

Jack's apparently going everywhere, the way I see it is the only way to deal with this transfer is hung drawn and quartered, a legs to Pool, an Arms to city, a torso to utd, a head to Chelsea, testicles to spurs and Jack's Ars to none other than Arsenal along with his Sh*t

18 hours ago, PieFacE said:

oh no

A random Talk Sport interview just popped up on my YouTube feed with an interview with Jack. Turns out he doesn't know what an Encyclopedia is haha. Made me cringe.

So glad he's an amazing footballer and doesn't need to use his brain for anything else. 

Sadly, once you see it, it can never be unseen.

For those of a nervous disposition, DO NOT PRESS PLAY.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Nah, I reckon on for the 2nd half. Not ITK at all, but keep hearing more chatter on other forums that Jack to City is actually happening this year :( 

Why would we sell him this year, instead of next? Or the year after that?

14 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

southgates playing dangerous game with is own job

he wouldnt get sacked even if he got caught with a local lady of the night down a back alley, while holding a picture of John McGinn & singing 500 miles by the Proclaimers.

He is literally the FA's pet.

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Why would we sell him this year, instead of next? Or the year after that?

I don't think we would, just nervous about the amount of people who seem to be saying it with confidence, not just random fans having a guess. I mean hopefully it's bollocks, but just a couple of friends who work for bookies ( boo hiss ) and seem to generally have a good ear for what's going on have heard plenty of suggestions it's 'done'

fully aware that's not reliable by any means, whatsoever mind

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

"won't " be influenced, by outside noise.

He see's Jack as a circus act......If he can resist the calls and still win, he will go down as a strong manager.....thats the essence of all this.

Personally, I have very mixed feelings......if they don't want to use him, all the better for us....lets have a fresh Jack back.....albeit, he does lighten up a dull show.

but I feel sorry for him more than anything, because he deserves better.

I think his selection was always under duress from Gareth.

You'll be called a crazed conspiracy theorist for this.

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I don't think we would, just nervous about the amount of people who seem to be saying it with confidence, not just random fans having a guess. I mean hopefully it's bollocks, but just a couple of friends who work for bookies ( boo hiss ) and seem to generally have a good ear for what's going on have heard plenty of suggestions it's 'done'

fully aware that's not reliable by any means, whatsoever mind

Every fecking transfer window this bollocks reappears. Why do people fall for this shit. He is not leaving.

I know he has been a Man U, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City fan since forever, but he is staying at Villa

Edited by TheStagMan

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Or he might think that he’s going to have to leave Villa after all as the only chance he has of playing for England is if he’s playing for a club that regularly qualifies for Europe.

But that’s besides the point, really. Jack deserves to play for England, and I think it’s a bit poor form for any Villa fan to hope that he doesn’t for our own selfish reasons.

I'm not English, so I don't care...

I’ve resigned myself to accepting Jack won’t start tonight. With his shin issue and him training alone, plus the fact we won the last game, I think Southgate has a good excuse to leave him out. I don’t agree with that but I think it’s what will happen. If he gets some time from the bench then I hope he scores a wonder goal, recreates the dentists chair and then starts the Czech Republic game. 

I think as Villa fans, everyone should want Jack to play for England and get game time in this tournament. All those saying I'd rather he didn't and rested instead. Or not being English. The bottom line is no matter what is said, if he doesn't get game time throughout this tournament he is going to be absolutely devastated. Forget the high of being picked for the squad because it will be overshadowed by being a non participant. Mentally it will affect him, especially when everyone has spent the last however long telling him he's the new modern Gazza.

Me myself, I couldn't give 2 shits about this national team under Southgate because I only see same old, same old. I haven't cared about international football for a good while with my only passion in football really for Villa. However, I do care about our captain and the affect on his mental wellbeing. Especially if he doesn't get any minutes. So on that basis I'm desperate to see him play and showcase his talents.

• Like 2

Â