The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don’t think Southgate has anything against Jack, I just think he’s a shit manager. Literally every pundit and fan wants to see Jack in the team because he offers something no other player cant. Every England player wants to see him in the team too. It’s why it’s infuriating that he isn’t. 

However the fact he didn’t train in the week could actually mean Southgate is protecting him for more important games. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I have to agree, Anonymous, in fact invisible....he has to pull his socks up, to get in to this team....then he can let his hair down.

On a serious note.....I think Cesc Fabregas is right, Jack is deemed more important, coming off the bench...its paradoxical, but true.

Jack is a player that takes time to grow into a game so he shouldnt be used as an impact sub, that should be Rashford and Sterling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

He won't start, we beat Croatia , no chance Southgate rocks the boat 

Once again, Mings will be mercilessly dropped for a crocked Maguire... because... stuff. 

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

He won't start, we beat Croatia , no chance Southgate rocks the boat 

Just seen how much Southgate praised Sterling's play so definitely no chance of Grealish starting especially with Southgate spouting that he cant be influenced by outside noise....again!  

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Just seen how much Southgate praised Sterling's play so definitely no chance of Grealish starting especially with Southgate spouting that he cant be influenced by outside noise....again!  

"won't " be influenced, by outside noise.

He see's Jack as a circus act......If he can resist the calls and still win, he will go down as a strong manager.....thats the essence of all this...and how he see's it.

Personally, I have very mixed feelings......if they don't want to use him, all the better for us....lets have a fresh Jack back.....albeit, he does lighten up a dull show.

but I feel sorry for him more than anything, because he deserves better.

I think his selection was always under duress from Gareth.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Honestly, I'm not bothered if Jack doesn't play for England this tournament.  It just means he'll be less likely to return to us injured for next season.  

Or he might think that he’s going to have to leave Villa after all as the only chance he has of playing for England is if he’s playing for a club that regularly qualifies for Europe.

But that’s besides the point, really. Jack deserves to play for England, and I think it’s a bit poor form for any Villa fan to hope that he doesn’t for our own selfish reasons.

Edited by Ginko

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Or he might think that he’s going to have to leave Villa after all as the only chance he has of playing for England is if he’s playing for a club that regularly qualifies for Europe.

But that’s besides the point, really. Jack deserves to play for England, and I think it’s a bit poor form for any Villa fan to hope that he doesn’t for our own selfish reasons.

It’s more about clouds and silver linings I think.

Players with Jack’s obvious talent have struggled to get picked by England historically.

Matt Le Tissier

Tony Currie

Stan Bowles

just a few I thought of…..and of course Gazza himself was left gutted by Hoddle not taking him to France 98

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Your problem there is the belief that grealish is our best player

That's pure opinion, he's not done anything for England yet, certainly nothing to justify the best player tag

Southgate not giving him the opportunity to earn it is another thing... 

I don't care what he has or hasn't done for England, he's the best creator in that team and it's not even close, he's only behind KDB in the Premier League. 

In what world does a player who will cost 100m not start for their national team? Southgate just doesn't want to play attacking, risk taking football. He loves 3 at the back (zzzz), relies on counter attacks and set plays, in the last World Cup England scored 12 goals, only 3 of these were from open play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

One where 2 league winners and a CL winner play instead... 

I hate when people say 'league winners'. Why not talk about what that player has done in particular? The fact that someone has won a league/CL means **** all.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

One where 2 league winners and a CL winner play instead... 

Why does that impact selection? Tammy Abraham just won the CL but we aren't going to stick him ahead of Kane.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1

Â