The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Interesting. I didn't realise man of the match performances were given out for "looking pretty".

Once again your football knowledge astounds us all. 

I'm just saying he needs to back up his performances with assists and goals if he wants to sement a starting place. 

He is a FORWARD player.

1 assist and 0 goals in 6 games or whatever it is can be improved on.

Edited by villalad21

21 hours ago, nick76 said:

Play different sides of the pitch so it’s hard to see him being a replacement, like buying a right back to replace a left back.  Only Southgate would do that.

Steve Bruce would, but then again he would replace anyone with a right back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

I'm just saying he needs to back up his performances with assists and goals if he wants to sement a starting place. 

He is a FORWARD player.

1 assist in 6 games or whatever it is can be improved on.

WOW, just wow. Measuring on Stats alone rather than looking at someone's actual performance. Players do not get MAN OF THE MATCH ratings for England without being pretty damned good. Anyway, how is he supposed to get those goals and assists if he isn't being played?

9 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

WOW, just wow. Measuring on Stats alone rather than looking at someone's actual performance. Players do not get MAN OF THE MATCH ratings for England without being pretty damned good. Anyway, how is he supposed to get those goals and assists if he isn't being played?

No it's not the only measure but England isn't exactly got an abundance of goal scoring midfielders.

They are pretty reliant on their forward players to get goals and that's exactly what Sterling provided.

IMO Jack has played well but we still need to see more of an end product from him in an England shirt. 1 assist 0 goals in 7 games isn't great and can be improved on.

Edited by villalad21

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No it's not the only measure but England isn't exactly got an abundance of goal scoring midfielders.

They are pretty reliant on their forward players to get goals and that's exactly what Sterling provided.

IMO Jack has played well but we still need to see more of an end product from him in an England shirt. 1 assist 0 goals in 7 games isn't great and can be improved on.

Blimey, did he play an extra game between your two postings?

Edited by TheStagMan

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is a FORWARD player.

But Traore gets 7 assists and 7 goals and you say he’s sh*t? 

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is a FORWARD player.

watching big brother GIF

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

But Traore gets 7 assists and 7 goals and you say he’s sh*t? 

Yeah because his general play is woeful.

You need both parts.

I'm not saying goals and assists is everything but you cannot ignore it. England need goals and assists from their forward players. It's essential.

56 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is a FORWARD player.

Won a penalty that was scored and 2 free kicks that we scored from. 

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Swings both ways, we stood by him when he was a very foolish youngster, we could have let him go and I think he doesn't have the same career, his love for Villa has driven him to mostly sort himself out and let his God given talent come through. If he'd have gone somewhere else It would have been just a very well paid job that he couldn't give a **** about and he might have been on a gary Gardner type level career. He is staying, he's a lifer, we are on an incredible journey, succeeding with Villa is way more important to Jack then extra money and paid for trophies. 

I hope your right mate, I really do.

• Like 1

I don't see Jack going anywhere unless the likes of City offer ridiculous money as that's the only legit move up I can see for him. It's clear the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United couldn't afford him anyways so his options would be very limited. A move to Europe, say Spain? Who knows. But it will cost at least £100 million if not more.

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I don't see Jack going anywhere unless the likes of City offer ridiculous money as that's the only legit move up I can see for him. It's clear the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United couldn't afford him anyways so his options would be very limited. A move to Europe, say Spain? Who knows. But it will cost at least £100 million if not more.

I think the he list of clubs who could afford him is pretty small. City, PSG, Bayern and Real Madrid. Only one of those is a genuine risk.

United maybe could if they did no other business, but Jack isn't going to transform that team into title winners so that isn't happening.

It's City or bust for me. I can't see it, he stays imo

oh no

A random Talk Sport interview just popped up on my YouTube feed with an interview with Jack. Turns out he doesn't know what an Encyclopedia is haha. Made me cringe.

So glad he's an amazing footballer and doesn't need to use his brain for anything else. 

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Naaa, he has been to good to the club, I doubt they would try keep him here if Man City come calling. If they offer the big doe for club and player I think he'll go. He also has said he would love to play with DeBruyne and be managed by Mourinho or Guardiola.

Gotta say, I'm a little worried.

Simples.

Lets get a bid in for de Bruyne and Pep and Jose can come and work under Richard Kelly! 😉

Â