The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 hours ago, weedman said:

I mean, if that were true, why wouldn't it just be announced? It's not like it helps our bargaining position if all the clubs already know about it, so what possible reason could there be to have not announced it? 

Hell it would probably help his chances of playing for England on Friday if he was a City player already! 

I've got no idea.  I am not a random ITK pusher, look at any of my posts.  I hate dwads that do that.  I just need to bloody share the pain I had when my mate messaged me (!)

To be clear: for me, Jack is the best and most important player we've had down the Villa in my lifetime supporting the club - and that includes McGrath, Yorke, Merson, Milner, Young etc.  I don't want to lose him - the thought of him and Buendia on either flank supporting Ollie is breathtaking.

But this guy knows his shit and has an actual career in football data.  It would be a bit odd if he named the company working for Spurs on their current managerial scouting if they weren't people to be in the know.  Feels odd that they would just throw mistruths around.  

I also have been a tad concerned by the betting markets having Grealish to City at 8/15 at a few places for several weeks now, and the nearest rival (Chelsea) at 7/1 for some time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Rosk said:

I've got no idea.  I am not a random ITK pusher, look at any of my posts.  I hate dwads that do that.  I just need to bloody share the pain I had when my mate messaged me (!)

To be clear: for me, Jack is the best and most important player we've had down the Villa in my lifetime supporting the club - and that includes McGrath, Yorke, Merson, Milner, Young etc.  I don't want to lose him - the thought of him and Buendia on either flank supporting Ollie is breathtaking.

But this guy knows his shit and has an actual career in football data.  It would be a bit odd if he named the company working for Spurs on their current managerial scouting if they weren't people to be in the know.  Feels odd that they would just throw mistruths around.  

I also have been a tad concerned by the betting markets having Grealish to City at 8/15 at a few places for several weeks now, and the nearest rival (Chelsea) at 7/1 for some time.

Lol.

Your mate must be right because he has a career in football data, bet everything you have on the City transfer and rest easy knowing you've shared your pain with someone somewhere. 👍

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Lol.

Your mate must be right because he has a career in football data, bet everything you have on the City transfer and rest easy knowing you've shared your pain with someone somewhere. 👍

8/15 aren't the best odds to be fair.  

25 minutes ago, The Rosk said:

Premier League football is a swamp of mistruths, it’s the currency that most folk in the game trade on. 

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

But are those odds not who he would join if he leaves? It's got absolutely nothing to do with him staying.

Exactly - there are currently no odds given for him staying at Villa.  Which is odd, as usually for the big transfers they include them. 

For example, Harry Kane is ~10/11 to stay at Spurs and ~5/4 to go to City currently.

The odd thing for me is why places like William Hill have Chelsea/United out at 20/1, if we aren't to believe "mistruths" in the game.

Edited by The Rosk

30 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Lol.

Lol indeed. He's just shared the info and been open with his opinion about it - you don't have to believe it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe worth asking sky bet what odds they would give on him staying? I’ll give it a go.

Media is used to drive the betting markets and fleece punters. ‘Where will Jack Grealish move this summer?’ is a massive money maker, so they won’t draw attention to the real answer: nowhere.

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

Media is used to drive the betting markets and fleece punters. ‘Where will Jack Grealish move this summer?’ is a massive money maker, so they won’t draw attention to the real answer: nowhere.

That’s exactly it. 

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe worth asking sky bet what odds they would give on him staying? I’ll give it a go.

Lemme guess what they say... they’re not offering a market on that at the moment. If they were, it would have to be at odds akin to 1/100. Otherwise they’d lose a lot of money to the Villa fans who would pile on with odds worth betting on. 

The timbre of his voice reminds me of Terry's. And by timbre I mean the  complexity of overtones, that gives color and personality to his voice, as opposed to his accent which of course doesn't sound like Terry.

4 hours ago, The Rosk said:

Exactly - there are currently no odds given for him staying at Villa.  Which is odd, as usually for the big transfers they include them. 

For example, Harry Kane is ~10/11 to stay at Spurs and ~5/4 to go to City currently.

The odd thing for me is why places like William Hill have Chelsea/United out at 20/1, if we aren't to believe "mistruths" in the game.

There are no odds for Villa because bookies are clever and dont want to lose money so dont offer odds.  All the other options on odds for other teams is just free money to the bookies because they know he's staying at Villa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Awol said:

That's the whole point, not only do they balance the odds in their favour but they attract punters using media.  A large amount of betting generally is emotional and bookies take advantage of that and hence why they hate professional gamblers and also amateur gamblers who use matched betting software because then bokkies lose that advantage.

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

That’s exactly it. 

Lemme guess what they say... they’re not offering a market on that at the moment. If they were, it would have to be at odds akin to 1/100. Otherwise they’d lose a lot of money to the Villa fans who would pile on with odds worth betting on. 

They’ve offered 5/4 😳

Â