The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

47 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Interesting do people of the Grealish generation not know what  an encyclopedia is. 😂

Jack isn't the brightest but when you're that good at football I think it's OK 

Edited by villalad21

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I was more speaking in the sense of creativity and chance creation.

I think that making clutching at straws too much. 

I know that's what the media are trying to present but all teams have more than one creative outlet and we've needed more as you, myself and others have pointed out this season especially when Jack was out.  So it seems obvious that we go and buy somebody like Buendia.  If we buy Buendia and then sell Jack we are back to square one.

We also got Barkley in to be creative but it didnt work out but his market value before coming to us may have been 30m.  i would say, that while they are very different players and positions, I think this is the direct replacement of what we wanted Barkley as a concept to do for the team to compliment Jack rather than being Jack's replacement.  So instead of Jack, Barkley and Traore, it's more Jack, Buendia and Traore (whatever positioning in a 433 not discussed here).

Then there is the fact they play in different positions. 

I'm assuming a big positive for Buendia to come here was the project including Jack, otherwise to pick us over Arsenal would be a little hard to accept.  Us losing Jack is a big loss in terms of attracting players because we then do look more like a bottom half team, a selling team and while Arsenal are on the decline it would be hard to see us selling a project doing that compared to the 'mighty' Arsenal.

Basically though as per my middle point I think Buendia is a replacement for what we wanted from Barkley conceptually.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

“If England win the euros, Benty said he’ll dye his hair blonde, Sancho & Rice will have their first beer what would you do?”

Go to Vegas and wont come back 😆 

Citeh fans will be gutted

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I think Mourinho needs to transition to international football. Think he'd piss these tournaments with a squad like England's or France etc. His style is very suited to the international game whereas club football seems to have moved past it.

It became apparent to me after watching the Spurs "All or Nothing" series that Jose's man management style requires a team of strong, vocal leaders who hold each other accountable and police out the bad culture themselves.  He had 3-4 strong leaders in each of his Porto, Chelsea, Madrid, & Inter teams, but lacked them at both ManUre and Spurs, but wasn't given the funds or time to buy them.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Rosk said:

Take with a pinch of salt.  Heard through a reliable friend who works with data geeks at a PL club that Grealish to City is done, and that most clubs are in the know about it given the domino effect between clubs for transfers etc.  May explain our bid for ESR and getting in Buendia early etc, but I do hope it doesn't happen.  

But Chelsea are favorites and he is an Arsenal fan .....

One of the best things about Villa right now is seeing how happy the squad is. In loads of interviews it always comes across that everyone gets along, they're all mates and they're all in it together.

Don't think I can remember a time when it was like this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

One of the best things about Villa right now is seeing how happy the squad is. In loads of interviews it always comes across that everyone gets along, they're all mates and they're all in it together.

Don't think I can remember a time when it was like this.

I firmly believe a lot of this is down to Smith and the recruitment. He was talking up the culture from day 1, and we’re now seeing the fruits of this labour. 

Massively aided by the fact Jack is our captain, and seems immensely popular across football. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I hope Jack gets to actually play or he'll be remembered at this tournament as the amusing mascot

Agreed. It feels like he is the first to be pushed in front of the camera or microphone for everything. Hopefully he gets the minutes to match! 

• Like 1

Â