The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, birdman said:

Wouldnt take a genius to theorise that it was Southgates plan all along to start Jack in both friendlies to get his fitness up and then rest him against Croatia. Also you seem to ignore the fact he almost did feature before Sterling scored. You seem to be looking for trouble where there is none. Do you also realise Jack is on a different training plan to the rest of the squad to manage his injury? That's why he trained on his own in the gym today.

I'm not sure why you have replied as above.  I did say that it might be that Safegate made a pure tactical decision - but equally that we are perfectly entitled to challenge the merits of that decision on here - but equally that he might still hold the grudge against Jack that he has clearly held in the past.  And I said that only Safegate will know the answer to this! 

I do realise that Jack has trained on his own today and that he is managing his underlying condition.  Again, as this is the case, I struggle to see why Jack played most of the friendlies only to be left out of/not feature in the important first game.

As has been said earlier, by Useless I think, most of this desire to comment is driven by the frustration of having to sit through another boring England display against a frankly underwhelming, ageing and toothless Croatian side when I feel, as I think most of us on here do, that a more progressive England side with Jack at the heart of it (and a LB at LB and a "8" at "8") would be much more fun to watch and would stand a much better chance of winning the tournament.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Errrm... No.

( If there ever was one ) inside brackets, is key 

My point was that, MAYBE the issue was constantly being asked about him. NOT with him.

I mean, I like the attempt to wriggle that back into insinuating an issue with Jack, but.

Why didn't you say I was insinuating that Deano had an issue with Jack as well, since I made the same comment about him, in the same post you quoted? 🤦🏿

The selective comprehension on here, when convenient is incredible. 😂

People are being presented possibilities/reasoning which are much more aligned with logic, yet refuse to budge from the outlandish... Haha.

I'm out.

EDIT: Being the manager of a team, and wanting to select the players and system you prefer ( Based on a multitude of variables ), isn't an " Issue ", it's Managing.

Dude, go back and read what I wrote.  I said he won the game, the player he picked ahead of Grealish scored the goal, and is a pretty fine player himself.

I said he HAD an issue with him, but it’s in the past.  I said that he was going to bring him on when he thought he might change the game. I said that maybe he’s trying to protect his injury.

You picked up on a post that was an answer to  a post of him never having a problem, and ran with it laced with uneccesary sarcasm.

I responded to a post about him not being hard working to say he WAS hard working.

I said that picking the team was his prerogative.  You’ve picked up on a post and acted quite frankly out of order with your tone.

Goodnight.

One thing that baffles me is the fact that Southgate clearly values set pieces, but doesn't seem to want to use the single most fouled player in Europe, by some distance. Doesn't compute. I'd be inclined to think there's something deeper than just incompetence there but then I remember he also didn't bring JWP to the tournament, even after one of his 4 RB's pulled out, who is possibly the best set piece taker in Europe.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He has probably been sneaking into his bedroom at night and hammering at his shins incessantly with tiny needles, after drugging him unconscious, tucking in Mason Mount, and screaming  " Death to the Villa " while doing a Nazi style salute of course. 😂

I knew it! Southgate really is an utter bastard. 

On 13/06/2021 at 19:47, Davkaus said:

Yes. Jack does lots that sterling doesn't, but he'd kill to have Sterling's goalscoring and assist stats even from last season.

Sterling 10 goals and 7 assists in 31 matches.  Goals/Assit per 90 played: 0.60

Grealish 6 goals and 10 assists in 26 matches.  Goals/Assist per 90 played: 0.66

Yh, I'm sure Jack would kill to have worse goals/assists stats.

* Not by much, but I'm just pointing out that this is disinformation.  

• Haha 1

I wonder what some here might say if/when Grealish is selected and England don’t win or lose a game?! I have to assume that a number of folk posting here are pre pubescent, as some of the things being said about the England manager/Jack Grealish is the stuff of the school playground. It’s embarrassing to even just read it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Added to just reading that, he is training alone, to manage his injury ( The same one which we were told by our club, manager and player himself needed to be watched/managed ). This is surely just another part of the conspiracy by Southgate to not play him.

He has probably been sneaking into his bedroom at night and hammering at his shins incessantly with tiny needles, after drugging him unconscious, tucking in Mason Mount, and screaming  " Death to the Villa " while doing a Nazi style salute of course. 😂

So Southgate is responsible for his addiciton to sleeping pills as well? What a complete and utter bastard.

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Sterling 10 goals and 7 assists in 31 matches.  Goals/Assit per 90 played: 0.60

Grealish 6 goals and 10 assists in 26 matches.  Goals/Assist per 90 played: 0.66

Yh, I'm sure Jack would kill to have worse goals/assists stats.

* Not by much, but I'm just pointing out that this is disinformation.  

Also worth saying, obviously, that Sterling plays for a much more established and dominant team that creates a lot more chances, I suspect, than we do, so you would expect his states to exceed Jack's by some distance.

2 hours ago, weedman said:

Ugh this thread has descended into madness. There's no vendetta for gods sake, he was about to come on before we scored! 

The problem is Harry Kanes newfound love of effectively playing as a 10. To accommodate him you need more pacey "forwards" either side of him who will occupy that space he leaves and score goals, that role suits a Rashford or Sterling more than Grealish. (of course you could get around that by actually playing Kane as a 10, with another striker ahead of him then creators out wide like Jack and Foden, basically 4-4-2 but knowing Kane will spend most of his time as a 10 making it a 4-2-3-1)

Southgate has a choice, build the team around Kane, or build the team around Jack. He's picked Kane - and honestly after the season he's had who can blame him?! Jacks also not even 100% fit either, but is there for if the system isn't working it allows him to change it up a bit. 

The way Kane plays I think suits the likes of Sterling and Rashford - as straightforward as Sterling's goal was last week, do you think Jack makes that run? I don't. I think he comes short and picks the ball up to feet, drives towards the box but has no options because the striker is loitering on the half way line for some reason. 

The part I don't get, is he's playing Foden, Foden is basically Jack 2 years ago with a left foot. Foden who once again completely failed to get involved as soon as he's in a team that doesn't completely dominate the ball, Foden who's main skill is quick 1 touch pass and move football, which none of the other player in the team do because they're all runners. 

Jack should be ahead of Foden in the pecking order, Foden is not good enough to replicate his Man City form in a worse team, Jack demands the ball and is always involved against everyone, he hasn't had as quiet a game as Foden had last time out in about 5 years. Jack left, Sterling/Rashford/Sancho right. The only issue really is that there's not really an option there on the bench to mix things up if it's not working 

Agree with this. The strange thing is on Gary Neville's podcast Kane was purring over playing with Jack, saying he feels they're on the same wavelength. You'd think if that's the case, as captain, kane woul dbe pleading with Southgate to play them together more often to build up what the England captain himself says is a 'partnership' he loves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Agree with this. The strange thing is on Gary Neville's podcast Kane was purring over playing with Jack, saying he feels they're on the same wavelength. You'd think if that's the case, as captain, kane woul dbe pleading with Southgate to play them together more often to build up what the England captain himself says is a 'partnership' he loves.

Maybe that's just his Citeh patter and he is not really telling Safegate this?🤔😉

28 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Interesting perspective from Merse:

https://tbrfootball.com/that-is-why-paul-merson-makes-surprise-claim-about-grealish-not-playing-for-england-in-euro-2020-win/

Merson has seemingly suggested that [Grealish] was not brought on because Southgate was wary of him impressing.

“The problem with playing Grealish, though, is the whole nation wants him to start as he is the ‘new Gazza’. He is a top-drawer player, don’t get me wrong, but I do not think he fits into Gareth’s plans,” he told Sky Sports.

“And if he plays him and he rips it up, then Gareth is under severe pressure again when he does not need to be under that pressure.

“And that is why I do not think he came on against Croatia, as it was made for him with Croatia chasing the game 1-0 down. No one keeps the ball better than Grealish.”

I know Merson often chats a lot of shit but I think he's probably right there.

Â