The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If people don't want to believe there's been an issue there then that's up to them. Some people just can't see something that's so obviously there.

You're suggesting that there is CURRENTLY an issue (contrary to what Southgate and Grealish say) 

Most people would agree there HAVE been issues In THE PAST likely relating to Jack's off field behaviour. 

Myself and others are suggesting there aren't any current issues and that Jack has been selected on merit and has since built up a good relationship with Southgate.

We're never going to agree obviously so should just put this one to bed until such time there is additional evidence one way or the other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

For some reason, some people are so desperate to believe that Gareth Southgate is just a bitter clint with a chip on his shoulder that they're willing to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

what is that evidence? Well, obviously he’s selected him for the squad. And he’s spent ages watching Jack play, talking to him in the stands when he was injured. He started him in the two friendlies and was about to bring him on just when Sterling scored. Jack himself has praised how GS has been towards him and has focused him on what he needs to do.

He was included when Sancho was left out on Sunday. 

This thread is completely mental. Yes absolutely I’d have a fully fit Jack in the starting 11, but starting the tournament with Sterling and Kane who have been scoring for fun in recent England games and who are England’s 2 most capped squad members was possibly cautious, possibly sound management. Playing Sterling will have given him a big confidence boost, particularly as he then scored the winner. Foden on the right was a decent choice. He’s a fabulous player.

”I think he should have played Jack” is a fine and fair view.

”I think GS is bitter, has an agenda, hates Jack and hates Villa” is paranoid delusional.

Very sensible post 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, birdman said:

You're suggesting that there is CURRENTLY an issue (contrary to what Southgate and Grealish say) 

Most people would agree there HAVE been issues In THE PAST likely relating to Jack's off field behaviour. 

Myself and others are suggesting there aren't any current issues and that Jack has been selected on merit and has since built up a good relationship with Southgate.

We're never going to agree obviously so should just put this one to bed until such time there is additional evidence one way or the other. 

That's what I hate about online debates, can come across like you're really hating on each other as it's difficult to sense the tone 😂👍

• Like 1

Those who think Southgate is out his depth like me want to see Brazil 82 flair on the pitch and excitement from the crowd.  This means playing Jack.

Let's be honest England are not going to win the Euros like Brazil never won the 82 World Cup but that team is remembered forever.

England have players in attack and a weaker defence so let's just go for it and entertain the nation.

No Jack No Party.

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Can we take a moment out to have a chuckle that Chelsea are now 'favourites' to sign Jack this summer.

They don't need him 

But if there was a club to chuck £100m+ about then Chelsea are probably as likely as anyone

Spent over £200m last summer didn't they? Including thiago silva on a free 

With the squad they've got they don't need 5 players they just need 1 or 2, would say that a proper 30 goal a season striker should be their priority though 

I'm sorry but there's evidence he has an issue with Villa, and Villa fans.

I suppose on that you’re referring to Mason, whose only crime is not to be Jack at the moment," Southgate, in conversation with The Telegraph , joked.

"I'm also aware I should talk about Mason because then it keeps the memes going of me talking about Mason," the England boss added.

"So we have got to fulfill all those requirements just to keep the Villa fans happy, especially."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-grealish-aston-villa-southgate-19265589

• Thanks 1

I still think we're quite likely to see a fair bit of him.

He's still not training normally, and he was icing his shins when he came off in the friendlies. He's not fully recovered so it makes sense not starting someone in a competitive game when you know they *will* have to get taken off. We saw he was almost certainly coming on for an unimpressive Sterling until he got a goal.

He might not start against Scotland, but I'm sure he'll get a run out. 

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Those who think Southgate is out his depth like me want to see Brazil 82 flair on the pitch and excitement from the crowd.  This means playing Jack.

Let's be honest England are not going to win the Euros like Brazil never won the 82 World Cup but that team is remembered forever.

England have players in attack and a weaker defence so let's just go for it and entertain the nation.

No Jack No Party.

The 1954 Hungarians,  the 1970 and 82 Brazillians and the 74 Dutch team., yes I'd rather see England play with flair and loose than play the negative crap we showed against Croatia.  When you have a player of the technical ability of Grealish and leave him out it doesnt sit right with me. Its like Brazil leaving out Pele or Zico in 82. the netherlands leaving out Cruyff. I'm not placing Grealish in that league but we'll never know unless he gets a chance. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That's what I hate about online debates, can come across like you're really hating on each other as it's difficult to sense the tone 😂👍

Nah it's all good! Well one thing for sure is that we'll all know soon enough what the crack is. My one hope for this tournament is that at some point Southgate takes the handbrakes off and let's some of the players express themselves to do what they do best. I would like to look back on at least one of the games and say that was one hell of a match! Preferably with Jack assisting or scoring the winner! But even just to compete and excite in loss would be OK.

46 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If people don't want to believe there's been an issue there then that's up to them. Some people just can't see something that's so obviously there.

Or you could just believe Jack himself, who says there is NO issue, and take off the tinfoil hat?

I'd be sick and tired of being incessantly hounded by media and Villa fans as well.

to be fair, i'd handle it worse than Southgate.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Can we take a moment out to have a chuckle that Chelsea are now 'favourites' to sign Jack this summer.

How does this work. Jack isnt for sale, they havent made an offer like city and united but they are now favourites. If you say it does that just make it true?

I am now favourite to get Margot Robbie pregnant.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or you could just believe Jack himself, who says there is NO issue, and take off the tinfoil hat?

They seemed to have a nice long chat a couple of times when Jack was injured and Southgate was watching our games, too. Not what I'd expect if there was actually a rift rather than Southgate not risking a player who's not fully fit yet.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd be sick and tired of being incessantly hounded by media and Villa fans as well.

to be fair, i'd handle it worse than Southgate.

Jack doesn't want to ruin his chance of being selected does he...Southgate has probably never had the balls to tell Jack there was an issue anyway, so he'd probably be none the wiser.

Southgate used to be scared of Keane in the ITV studio, he's not a fan of confrontation.

Edited by Tom13
  • Haha 1

I much rather when Jack is playing games. When he isn't, it's either because the manager has a personal vendetta against him or he is addicted to whores, sleeping pills and crack. Jack has said himself that there is no issue between him and Southgate. Southgate has said there is no issue between them. At the same time, on here we've got posts that belong on QAnon.

Southgate decided Sterling was better suited to play against Croatia and his decision was vindicated. Sterling got the winner. There is no evidence of an issue. Just like there was no evidence for the addiction to drugs and hookers. Well the drugs anyway.

• Sad 1

Â