The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Luckily for us it's impossible for us to limp to the Semis. We'll have Germany, France or Portugal in the last 16. 

I'm pleased about this.  Might as well get straight to it. 

If we're going out, do it quick so Southgate can be gone.  If we're going to win it we've got to beat those kinds of teams. 

• Like 2

He will have wanted Foden for his work rate I suspect, for the same reason he picked Tripper up again Perisic. Sterling for the pace, which ultimately won us the game. If we hadn’t already been 1-0 up I’m sure Grealish would have come on. It may not be to our taste, or the vast majority of England fans, but it worked. We got the result.

As it happens, Foden probably played his way out of the team. Scotland will be a very different test, I expect them to sit in. Should be a game for Jack. We will see. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Quite simply, Southgate has been embarrassed more than once by Jack and he doesn't like it.

He doesn't like that he can win and still be asked why Jack didn't play, why Jack isn't making the squad. Then he doesn't like the excitement around after he is the most exciting England player since Wayne Rooney so refuses to praise him. He doesn't understand it because he doesn't understand football. He understands PR and getting paid. The England manager is now a job solely awarded on if the FA think you will embarrass them.

It's a disgrace Jack doesn't have 25+ caps by now. He should have been starting for England since 2018. Not in the squad, not behind guff like Sterling and Lingard. Starting.

Zero doubts I'll totally lose interest in England if he isn't playing. I was bored out of my tree watching that first match. The positive spin being put on it is laughable.

First ever time I've not felt behind an England side on Sunday. Sad really but I do not like Southgate.

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Guff like Sterling? Since 2018? Is this real life?

Never really rated Sterling or Alli. Been proved right about Alli, starting to be proved right about Sterling now as well.

Do you think it's a coincidence that once Sterling is dropped, City walk the league and get to a CL Final?

Edited by Tom13

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Never really rated Sterling or Alli. Been proved right about Alli, starting to be proved right about Sterling now as well.

Do you think it's a coincidence that once Sterling is dropped, City walk the league and get to a CL Final?

When he's had a 1 in 2 strikerate for the 3 sessions before this one, not to mention his assists, I think you're a nutter.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When he's had a 1 in 2 strikerate for the 3 sessions before this one, not to mention his assists, I think you're a nutter.

Just not a fan and that's my opinion. Major limitations to his game. Great dribbler, great at scoring tap ins, not great at a lot else.

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Zero doubts I'll totally lose interest in England if he isn't playing. I was bored out of my tree watching that first match. The positive spin being put on it is laughable.

Agreed, it was by far the most uninspiring and lackluster match so far in the tournament.

As a 'outsider', there's just no point watching England, if Jack's not playing. 

I have to agree regards Sterling. He's nippy of course and can cause panic with his dribbling & pace but that's all. His end product is woeful for an international and 9 times out of 10 he wastes good positions, gives the ball away and is usually responsible for good attacking openings breaking down. His decision making and finishing is poor and even the goal against Croatia was more luck than judgement as he hit it way too close to the keeper when he had the whole goal to aim at and was very fortunate it went in in reality. I just don't quite get the hype i'm afraid. He had about five opportunities to score/create something in the match & messed up on 4 of them then got a bit lucky on one. Against a top team (Croatia are not what they were) that would most likely have cost us the game.

• Like 1

Hopefully McGinn does Jack (and England) a favour and puts a reducer in on Foden or Mount so that Southgate’s hand is forced. I suspect that’s the only way we will see Jack get any major game time and England find any genuine creativity.

On the first game I’d keep sterling but move him to the right instead of foden.

You then have a choice of rashford or grealish (clearly should be jack) for the left forward position and foden or mount for the advanced midfield position. 

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Doing exhibition stuff for his teammates stood in awe of his skills whilst the England manager ponders yet another excuse he can muster not to play him. 

The other managers must be loving the fact Southgate manages England. The other managers must also wish they had Jack in their teams. 

• Like 1

What makes me sick about Southgate is, he plays Trippier - who is probably our third best right back - at left back yet he doesn't play Jack in any attacking position when he is our best attacking option. It is personal. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Quite simply, Southgate has been embarrassed more than once by Jack and he doesn't like it.

He doesn't like that he can win and still be asked why Jack didn't play, why Jack isn't making the squad. Then he doesn't like the excitement around after he is the most exciting England player since Wayne Rooney so refuses to praise him. He doesn't understand it because he doesn't understand football. He understands PR and getting paid. The England manager is now a job solely awarded on if the FA think you will embarrass them.

It's a disgrace Jack doesn't have 25+ caps by now. He should have been starting for England since 2018. Not in the squad, not behind guff like Sterling and Lingard. Starting.

I dunno about that.

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He will have wanted Foden for his work rate I suspect, for the same reason he picked Tripper up again Perisic. Sterling for the pace, which ultimately won us the game. If we hadn’t already been 1-0 up I’m sure Grealish would have come on. It may not be to our taste, or the vast majority of England fans, but it worked. We got the result.

As it happens, Foden probably played his way out of the team. Scotland will be a very different test, I expect them to sit in. Should be a game for Jack. We will see. 

Agree Foden might not start but seeing Southgate operate over the last 4-5 years I would say he will pick rashford who for me wouldn’t even be in the squad on current form 

Â