The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair point. 
One thing I would say is, if Croatia didn't have any sustained pressure or remotely looked able to beat us, we probably should have had more than 2 shots on target...

Hopefully we smash Scotland and play well. That's what I really want to see. I want us to beat a decent team and make it look easy. I have no confidence at present that we'll get past a Belgium or a Spain. 

Denmark completely controlled the game against Finland.

The thinking was in all likelyhood that Croatia was expected to dominate the ball and England play long balls in behind for pacy wingers to run into.

Scotland are expected to stay in a low block and not allow space to run into. Jack is perfect for that and i'm very confident he'll start.

Horses for courses.

Edited by villalad21

30 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

We won. 3 points. 

Grealish will get his chance. 

I'm genuinely not sure he will.

I reckon he won't play against Scotland, and we'll win. Then he'll play against Czechia in a dead rubber and that'll be his only appearance

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I reckon he won't play against Scotland, and we'll win. Then he'll play against Czechia in a dead rubber and that'll be his only appearance

+5 minutes to turn the game around against France.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Rodders said:

it was a solid opening game. we have never won the opening game before. We didn't open up against the group wooden spoon, croatia are a decent side. We now have three points. It was also **** hot - if you think this was a slow game, Qatar is going to be a bruising tournament for your eyes.  It was efficient, I hope we improve and expand on this now, and do give the likes of jack game time, but this assault on southgate for only winning 1-0 and not well enough is absurdly disproportionate. Stop living in a mythical world of british exceptionalism where we deserve to win every game 5-0. If we don't improve, then fine go nuts and go run around with your pitckforks, but, not even being able to enjoy a win because it wasn't good enough or feature your favourite player is just cult-like insanity. 

Well said. Some posters seem to be on the verge of paranoid meltdown! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The thinking was in all likelyhood that Croatia was expected to dominate the ball and England play long balls in behind for pacy wingers to run into.

Scotland are expected to stay in a low block and not allow space to run into. Jack is perfect for that and i'm very confident he'll start.

Horses for courses.

Which horses for courses are we going to line up when playing the likes of France, Belgium or Spain, who might also dominate the ball. 

Hopefully something with some more creativity than we saw against Croatia. 

I reckon Gonzo has been given orders and a nice little envelope of money not to play Grealish...

If Grealish plays, he will undoubtedly light it up... causing his profile to rise and therefore his monetary value... which means that the powers that be who will want to buy him will have to pay more...

Its all corrupt and geared against the Villa...

It’s the only logical reason to explain why Grealish isn’t playing and why we haven’t won the Premier League every year for the past god-knows how many years...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If that's true, then England are seriously underestimating their own ability or need to do better scouting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This.  He'll get chance, but unless he scores a hat-trick and/or sets up a Kane hat-trick, he won't replace Sterling as a starter for main games now.

6 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Fair point on Alli who had very impressive stats at a young age at Spurs. At the time though Alli was considered one of the best young players in the world and he's had an almighty fall from grace let's be honest. I still think Foden looks a much better prospect in terms of his all round game than Alli, technically Foden is phenomenal. I always thought Alli was a great goalscoring midfielder but had a gangly feel about him and never impressed me that much when he wasn't scoring. 

I think it's easy to say Jack would have had a better impact than Foden yesterday given Foden was average, but he still managed to hit the post and looked one of our better players in the first half. 

I like both of them and if it were up to me I'd have both Foden and Jack starting for England. 

Yeah everything goes through him at Villa. Everything goes through him when he plays for England also, he's that type of player.

On 14/10/2020 at 20:38, Vive_La_Villa said:

Call it £50. Play a part means he plays minutes in every game unless it’s a game we do not need to win.  Deal?

Well mate, time to pay the piper! £50 to Acorns please :)

• Like 1

I want him to play against Czech Republic and embarrass Coufal. Coufal for West Ham made it his mission to stop Grealish and was very proud that he did because he had no-one else to worry about. I'd love Grealish to get his own back.

The reality will be more like, be won't play against Scotland then he'll start against Czechs along with a load of other 2nd stringers and get nothing against them, then not get another minute until 80th against France where we're losing and he gets 2 touches.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Some here need to appreciate that Southgate is not going to just pick the 11 most in form players or 11 best players. If that were the  case then Konsa should have been selected to the squad over Mings. The idea is to put together a lineup that is balanced and gives the best chance to meet the team's objectives. Feel Southgate achieved that yesterday - as much as I would have loved to see Grealish start/play.

How is that team balanced - Walker is a liability at RB; Trippier is decent at RB BUT played LB; Phillips is a "6" BUT played as an "8"??

Do you honestly think, with the talent we have available, that performance was the best that we could hope for?  A stodgy 1-0 win against an ageing and toothless Croatia team?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

How is that team balanced - Walker is a liability at RB; Trippier is decent at RB BUT played LB; Phillips is a "6" BUT played as an "8"??

Do you honestly think, with the talent we have available, that performance was the best that we could hope for?  A stodgy 1-0 win against an ageing and toothless Croatia team?

Yes we know we are going to qualify from the group. Its no harder than a world cup or euros qualifying group. The test will come in the last 16 and if get through that then Southgate get credit. 

Â