The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Before the tournament I thought England would walk away with this group. Croatia are not the side they were but its a good start and we can go into the Scotland game full of confidence. Grealish will start the final group game once we've qualified/ 

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Grealish is comfortably better than Mount and Foden, it's okay to say that without being accused of being biased and it doesn't mean to say that one thinks Foden and Mount are bad players, just that Grealish is the better player, maybe Foden being so young can become even better, but that's not guaranteed as it doesn't always work out that just because a player is exceptional at young age that they just keep getting better and better, I hope he does keep improving good luck to him, but for now Grealish is the better player.

Take Grealish out of our team and replace him with any of Mount or Foden and they would have no where near the same impact, we go from relegation form side, to team capable of competing for Europe with Grealish in the side, and by the same token both Man City and Chelsea would improve if they replaced Foden and Mount with Grealish.

Post this opinion outside of VT and you get crucified. I've always said I don't rate Grealish because I'm a **** Villa fan, I rate him because he's world class.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Grealish is comfortably better than Mount and Foden, it's okay to say that without being accused of being biased and it doesn't mean to say that one thinks Foden and Mount are bad players, just that Grealish is the better player, maybe Foden being so young can become even better, but that's not guaranteed as it doesn't always work out that just because a player is exceptional at young age that they just keep getting better and better, I hope he does keep improving good luck to him, but for now Grealish is the better player.

Take Grealish out of our team and replace him with any of Mount or Foden and they would have no where near the same impact, we go from relegation form side, to team capable of competing for Europe with Grealish in the side, and by the same token both Man City and Chelsea would improve if they replaced Foden and Mount with Grealish.

I think they are just different players. I especially like how lethal Foden is around the box. But Jack is on another level in terms of playmaking.

As for Southgate it just seems to be a mix of personal vendetta and club bias. Based on Jack's performances and generally being the motm whenever he pulls on the England shirt, the exclusion of him by Pinocchio makes no sense.

But we all know that if he played for city he'd be one of the first names on that team sheet. Gareth is just one big penis.

Personally I hope England flops the rest of the tournament so I can laugh at that ****.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

I've seen a lot of fans of other clubs expressing disbelief that Grealish wasn't starting today. Only exceptions will be small heath, Wolves, West Brom, and for some reason Leeds fans.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Mbappe and Haaland are both incredible players, but guess what? There are certain managers which would prefer one over the other, or bench one for the other, depending on the manager, system, team and opposition. As both have different qualities which might suit one system/team, but not the other.

Hypotheticals of replacing Jack with Mount or Foden in our team are also moot. As you can't know that, they are different players, and it also probably is more of a reflection of how poor the rest of our team has been for years.

Mount in our midfield would probably still improve us substantially.

In the period when Jack was out, someone like Foden would have provided an undeniable cutting edge,

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Sancho has been rubbish every single time he has played for England. But two gks on the bench means he must have a knock. 

2 GKs on the bench is a UEFA requirement. God knows why.

• Thanks 1

There are hundreds of players that would improve us, doesn't mean to say that they're better than Grealish or that they should be starting ahead of him for England.

Also it's getting annoying having to spell it out that just because you think Grealish is better than a certain player doesn't mean to say that you don't think that that player is a very good player in their own right, Grealish is good enough that you can not be quite as good as him but still be an excellent footballer.

Again Grealish is objectively one of the best players in the world, nothing biased about that opinion, I'd feel the same way if he wasn't a Villa player, I don't even get attached to indi

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sterling, although out of form, has more big game/International experience than Jack, so does Rashford, and maybe even Foden to a certain extent - even though younger.

Coudln't care less how much experience those three have. Grealish is better than all three, and is guaranteed to perform better at least than Rashford and Sterling. He could have a 6/10 and be better than those pair.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I've seen a lot of fans of other clubs expressing disbelief that Grealish wasn't starting today. Only exceptions will be small heath, Wolves, West Brom, and for some reason Leeds fans.

There is many more that didn’t batter an eye lid that he didn’t start. Especially after the result. 

there is no issue that he didn’t start today. He will get a start in the next two

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Grealish had played today, he would have been MOTM. 

The fact that this can be said with a fair degree of certainty sums it up for me.

He was nowhere near his villa standards in the friendlies pre tournament but still was easily man of the match. I genuinely don’t understand what he would have to do to get a start.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Very much doubt that tbh. 

Mount will play every single minute of every single match as the 10 and there is no way he’ll drop Sterling now. Even if he does, Rashford will come in. 

It doesn’t look good for Jack at this tournament and that will be part of the reason England don’t go very far. When we go out to Spain, Portugal or whoever, we can all sit there and scratch our heads, ‘wow, how on earth has that happened?’. 

But hey ho, it is what it is. At least there is no more pressure on that stress injury. 

I'm finding this side really difficult to get behind. Tbf the sooner Southgate does one the quicker we can get a proper manager in who will build the team around Grealish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

The fact that this can be said with a fair degree of certainty sums it up for me.

He was nowhere near his villa standards in the friendlies pre tournament but still was easily man of the match. I genuinely don’t understand what he would have to do to get a start.

He has to run through brick walls to get a place in the squad, and then get 0 minutes. Sterling and Rashford can be in some woeful form (form aside they're nowhere near Grealish's level anyway) and they are almost guaranteed minutes. It's ridiculous.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom13 said:

I'm finding this side really difficult to get behind. Tbf the sooner Southgate does one the quicker we can get a proper manager in who will build the team around Grealish.

Just dull as dishwater to watch and you know that they are likely to go out to a Spain, Germany, Portugal etc..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

The system is and always will be:

————Mount————
DCM——————DCM

The only place Grealish can play for England is LW and unfortunately he is behind Sterling and Rashford in that position. 

Which is bizarre, considering he’s better than every player I mention in this post. 

I don’t think Southgate has anything against Villa but you’d have to be pretty naive to think he doesn’t have an agenda against Grealish. Couple that with the fact that he’s a really, really, really poor football manager and we just won’t go very far in this tournament I’m afraid. 

Like I say though, less chance he gets injured. 

Changing the subject here a bit now, but how much has his game come on under Smith? He was playing as a 8 in the championship and the beginning of his first season in the PL and he fancied him self more as a 8, but his game went to another level when he moved to the left at the time I questioned Smith’s decision to move him there and remember a few of us Slating Bruce for playing him there a few times. He owes alot of his rise to superstardom to Deano.

• Like 3

Easy to forget that Grealish been out for a really long time and to be honest he still doesn't look match fit to me.

Know he got MOTM in the last friendly game but based on his Villa standards i thought he had an average game. Was the best out of a bad bunch.

Southgate is probably just managing his fitness. He started both friendlies to build up his fitness, think we will see a lot more of Jack as the tournement goes on.

• Like 1

Â