The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Modric quit at full time?

Rakitic was their best player in the world Cup. People forget they also shithoused their way through the tournament with Rakitic sending 2 teams home. 

Just now, Jareth said:

14th in the world. Germany 12th. 

Which relies on historical data which includes 3 years ago when they got to the final. With Modric being 3 years younger and Rakitic and Mandzukic still playing for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Which relies on historical data which includes 3 years ago when they got to the final. With Modric being 3 years younger and Rakitic and Mandzukic still playing for them. 

Nah, they're decent

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Sterling getting MOTM is just laughable 😂

Bloke can't weight a pass and has horrible shooting technique but he makes some decent runs! Surely we can ask for more from our starting winger ffs.

I saw snippets of the first half waiting for a table in the city. It's funny he got the motm, cause my impression of the little I watched was that he was the worst player on the pitch by some distance. Guess his game picked up. 

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nah, they're decent

They were poor in today's game and if England had better direction they'd have turned them over 3 or 4 nil easily. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

They were poor in today's game and if England had better direction they'd have turned them over 3 or 4 nil easily. 

But it could have been 3-0 - just went the way that it did. They have a threat and I expect them to do well in the group - but we also have a threat and decent squad depth. I know they aren't Brazil but in tournament football they have done better than we have lately - big marker today IMHO. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If England beat Scotland then i think Jack will start against Czeck Republic

He just have to make sure he takes the opportunity when he gets it

I’m not sure it really makes a difference if he does take the opportunity. He’s been man of the match in at least 4 of his 7 international caps.

I think it’s fair to say that for whatever reason Southgate doesn’t fancy him. For me it’s picking players on reputation rather than current ability and form.

Fortunately for Southgate we won’t play anybody good in the group and then will lose to either France or Portugal in the last 16 and he’s got his get out of jail free card in that we had a tough draw.

17 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I’m not sure it really makes a difference if he does take the opportunity. He’s been man of the match in at least 4 of his 7 international caps.

I think it’s fair to say that for whatever reason Southgate doesn’t fancy him. For me it’s picking players on reputation rather than current ability and form.

Fortunately for Southgate we won’t play anybody good in the group and then will lose to either France or Portugal in the last 16 and he’s got his get out of jail free card in that we had a tough draw.

Watch Gareth's post match interview.

Actually hinted to Jack being needed in the games coming up.

We will see plenty of Jack in the Euros. I would not worry about that.

I think its been said by people in the know that Jack had run ins with Boothroyd and Southgate in the youth setups. Gareth looks the type to hold a grudge, he knows Jack is top top class but always seems to stick with his favourites. Jack will get his chance soon, probably tear it up then be back on the bench for the game after.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watch Gareth's post match interview.

Actually hinted to Jack being needed in the games coming up.

We will see plenty of Jack in the Euros. I would not worry about that.

I agree. Really can’t get on board with the drama and I’m happy England won. 
Villa fans fuming on a forum re Jack non selection, the man himself is currently posting pics on his Insta of Chilwell nodding off on the team bus.

• Like 1

Â