The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

you are expecting 30 shots against a top quality side?

There’s a big difference between 2 and 30. Croatia aren’t the team of 3 years ago and were poor today. Despite what the BBC pundits are saying we were at best competent against a below average side.

The Jocks will give us a harder game than that. Especially if they get a result tomorrow and their blood is up. It’s like us playing SHA, for them it’s always a cup final and nothing to lose. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think this is garbage. You can win and not play well. England beating Croatia is great, but I want England to win the tournament. Despite the win, i'm now less confident that we can do that. Being critical of a performance doesn't make you less of a fan.

"Played very well", christ. We had 2 shots on target. If that's playing very well for England, it'll be a short tournament for us.

Villa fans like Jack because he's one of our own, but we also think he'll give us a much better chance of winning the tournament if he's on the pitch.

It has absolutely nothing to do with England winning the tournament and everything to do with Grealish playing. You aren't objective. How could you be ? The criticism is wrapped up subtly in a " Grealish should be playing " attitude. Where's your case been made for other England players been picked ? Again, you aren't objective. I'm a villa fan, but im Irish. Just find it petty that you've beaten a good side, played well and it's more about the player for your club who didn't get picked rather than been happy you got off to a good start with great performances from Phillips and Mings. Some of you will need therapy if Jack ever leaves. Really.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Grealish talked about post-match on BBC and pre-Austria v Macedonia on ITV. He's still the one people want to see.

Really hope Southgate is asked about him again, he'll have another moan and cry.

If you think England played "well" there, you must have been a huge fan of Steve Bruce at Villa. Uninspiring muck and a 1-0 grubbed finish. Poor performance with some crazy selections.

The "big decisions" weren't automatically correct because we won 1-0. Walker was crap. Trippier poor. Sterling poor.

Phillips and Mings were the only good players and wouldn't have played if more of Southgate's favourites in Henderson and Maguire were fit.

The worst thing that could happen to England is we sludge to a QF/SF again... because Southgate will keep his job.

Not sure I can type anything that can possible add any more value to what you have. 

100% spot on. 

Southgate might think he’s a master tactician and England fans may think we’re going all the way. But I can assure you, we will not win this tournament when we’re not playing our best players. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I don't know why anyone who's English and loves football wouldn't be.

Right here.  Couldn't give a shit who wins international games, just want to see some entertaining football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with England winning the tournament and everything to do with Grealish playing. You aren't objective. How could you be ? The criticism is wrapped up subtly in a " Grealish should be playing " attitude. Where's your case been made for other England players been picked ? Again, you aren't objective. I'm a villa fan, but im Irish. Just find it petty that you've beaten a good side, played well and it's more about the player for your club who didn't get picked rather than been happy you got off to a good start with great performances from Phillips and Mings. Some of you will need therapy if Jack ever leaves. Really.

I've made a case for Sancho who was left out of the squad entirely as well, who i'd have played ahead of both Rashford and Sterling if we were going to play a "pacy" winger.

It's hardly way out of left field for me to argue that Grealish should be playing. Plenty of people who aren't Villa fans have done the same thing, it was one of the biggest discussion points of the week leading up to the game. Grealish is an attacking player. I just watched the team I want to win the tournament eek out a win with 2 shots on target. I don't believe they can win the tournament if they don't significantly improve their play going forward.

4 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I've made a case for Sancho who was left out of the squad entirely as well, who i'd have played ahead of both Rashford and Sterling if we were going to play a "pacy" winger.

It's hardly way out of left field for me to argue that Grealish should be playing. Plenty of people who aren't Villa fans have done the same thing, it was one of the biggest discussion points of the week leading up to the game. Grealish is an attacking player. I just watched the team I want to win the tournament eek out a win with 2 shots on target. I don't believe they can win the tournament if they don't significantly improve their play going forward.

BBC pundit described Mings as doing well as a stand in. Idiots!!!

I thought Kane was terrible - barely had a touch, and while he plays England need Sterling. Still - it's a long tournament (hopefully) and I'm sure Jack will be used in time,though I fear he won't have much opportunity to really make an impact. 

Southgates plan is to get 6 points and then put jack up against coufal and hope he coufal can keep jack quiet like our west ham game ,  then he can leave him out for rest of tournament 

I think Croatia played very well to be honest, they were set up better than us in a way to stop us playing and it worked. That said their ploy of letting us play it around the back and shutting everything else down was undone by one of the very few moments we had someone between their midfield and their defense. Great ball from Phillips, he got into a position that Kane was coming too deep to be in when he dropped off, same with Sterling. Mount was largely anonymous, Jack would have been in those types of positions a lot, either by beating a man int he middle of the park and carrying the ball there or just because that's where he finds his space mostly. It was crying out for Grealish to come on for me, and as a 10 too!

24 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

There’s a big difference between 2 and 30. Croatia aren’t the team of 3 years ago and were poor today. Despite what the BBC pundits are saying we were at best competent against a below average side.

The Jocks will give us a harder game than that. Especially if they get a result tomorrow and their blood is up. It’s like us playing SHA, for them it’s always a cup final and nothing to lose. 

Totally agree with this. Croatia are really poor now. They are a spent force. Sterling did ok but not great. I actually thought Foden was poor. Scotland will be more difficult. We will not get far on that level of performance. Southgate is a mug.

• Like 2

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t France scrape a win against Australia first game of World Cup? Portugal went through as a third place team. 

Tournament football is a different beast. It’s not always the team that plays the best football that wins it.

• Like 1

I'm sure you people would find  a way to complain even if England win the Euro's just because your boy didn't play every single minute of every single game.

Get over your bias and get behind your team.

Jack will get plenty of minutes. Just got to make sure he takes it when given the opportunity

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t France scrape a win against Australia first game of World Cup? Portugal went through as a third place team. 

Tournament football is a different beast. It’s not always the team that plays the best football that wins it.

And as much about the squad as anything - that we can win today and England's most creative player doesn't get a sniff speaks volumes. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly. Thanks to the internet, we live in a binary world with no nuance, which isn't real. The challenge is to not get drawn in. Fact is, there is more than one way of skinning a cat.

25 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Southgates plan is to get 6 points and then put jack up against coufal and hope he coufal can keep jack quiet like our west ham game ,  then he can leave him out for rest of tournament 

Well it wasn't just Coufal though was it. It was Coufal and Fredericks.

Edited by MotoMkali

Â