The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I genuinely didn't celebrate our England goal. Sterling scoring that will ruin Jack's Tournie

Well then you are pretty sad. Covert Villa fans masquerading as England fans, win the game, play really well. Create loads of chances. And still it's " why didn't grealish play " Southgate put the good of the team ahead of any individual. Won the game and played very well. Jack's tournie. Are you supporting England or fawning over individuals ?

Edited by Johnnyp

When I saw that Grealish wasn't starting it didn't bother me too much as I thought he'd come on for the last thirty or twenty minutes and do enough in that time to make an impact, but am staggered that he wasn't used at all, frankly he's better and should be in ahead of all of Sterling, Mount and Foden, for me Mount whilst a very good player, has become overrated, if you're going to use him as an 8 then fair enough, but as a No.10 Grealish is way better.

• Like 3

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Well then you are pretty sad. Covert Villa fans masquerading as England fans, win the game, play really well. Create loads of chances. And still it's " why didn't grealish play " Southgate put the good of the team ahead of any individual. Won the game and played very well.

We didn't play well though. We had 8 shots. Only 2 good chances sterling fluffed the lines of the other one.

And I don't think any of us have said we are England fans. I'm certainly not. I'd rather root for someone entertaining to win the tournament than England. I support the villa lads so I will root for England when they are playing but at no other time. 

• Haha 1

Just now, smg said:

The biased bitterness on here is laughable. It’s one game he wasn’t needed in the end, so what.

Perhaps some us just want to see one of the greatest players ever, play at a major tournament? 

I couldn't care less about England.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

A funny bunch lads. You beat a quality side and still whinging that Jack hasn't played 

They aren't quality anymore. Their team is old and decrepit and they didn't bother turning up the intensity at any point. Probably because 2nd or 3rd in the group serves them well for avoiding the group of death for as long as possible. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t get it but they won end of the day so can’t really complain. I did kind of want Croatia to score though.

The game was quite dull though. 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I like the idea of Mount playing as an 8 but Phillips and Rice played really well today together. Jack will find it hard to get in.

Rice did nothing. Phillips should play next game with Mount or Bellingham in the 2. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Rice did nothing. Phillips should play next game with Mount or Bellingham in the 2. 

Rice did nothing? Yet Croatia couldn't do nothing because of Rice Phillips Mings and Stones. England won get over it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Well then you are pretty sad. Covert Villa fans masquerading as England fans, win the game, play really well. Create loads of chances. And still it's " why didn't grealish play " Southgate put the good of the team ahead of any individual. Won the game and played very well. Jack's tournie. Are you supporting England or fawning over individuals ?

Jack's one of the most enjoyable players to watch. What's wrong with not wanting him to get minutes?

I didn't think Sterling was as good as the pundits were saying. He got a goal but apart from the first 20 mins I thought he was useless. Short term yes we won, long term we will be damaged.

Also being a Brummie there's an added excitement of wanting Jack to do well. 

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

A funny bunch lads. You beat a quality side and still whinging that Jack hasn't played 

Can't be england fans.

Looks like they are just watching to support Jack, not England.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We didn't play well though. We had 8 shots. Only 2 good chances sterling fluffed the lines of the other one.

And I don't think any of us have said we are England fans. I'm certainly not. I'd rather root for someone entertaining to win the tournament than England. I support the villa lads so I will root for England when they are playing but at no other time. 

People always underrate Croatia. I don't think they played badly at all, we just marshalled them well.

And I'm absolutely an England fan. I don't know why anyone who's English and loves football wouldn't be.

8 minutes ago, smg said:

The biased bitterness on here is laughable. It’s one game he wasn’t needed in the end, so what.

If Sterling didn't score then Jack would have come on. Just 2 more mins and that would have happened. He was always going to have to play his way into the team and it needed England to play bad without him in the group stages

Just now, Greenfly said:

People always underrate Croatia. I don't think they played badly at all, we just marshalled them well.

And I'm absolutely an England fan. I don't know why anyone who's English and loves football wouldn't be.

It was an excellent performance from England.

Big shout out to Phillips and Mings. Played unbelievably well.

Thought Sterling looked quality, a bit disappointed with Foden.

• Like 1

Â