The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Doesn't really bother me if Ireland select England rejects tbh.

Ha, ha! You think Grealish (and Ciaran Clark for that matter) are "England rejects"? I would argue they are two top, top prospects who are simply very proud to be Irish.

You think Ciaran Clark would get into the England squad?

Ha, ha! :lol:

Also: The England U19's played yesterday and Grealish would have walked into that side.

It's not hard to get into the England youth squads.

It's hard to get into the full England squads though.

Or perhaps he actually wants to play international football?

What if he got picked for England once then fell out of favour, like so many have for England in the past?

Let the lad make his own choices.

It's a bigger achievement to play for England though.

Anyone can play for Ireland or Scotland or Wales.

Off you go then. Report back after your first cap. And find out what they serve for lunch at SFA HQ whilst you're at it, I've heard their haggis, neeps and tatties are the best in the world. :thumb:

Only those who are Irish, Scots or Welsh or have close family links to those countries TRS-T. :winkold: You also need to be a half decent player and that has included the likes of McGrath, Best, Law and Charles....

Or perhaps he actually wants to play international football?

What if he got picked for England once then fell out of favour, like so many have for England in the past?

Let the lad make his own choices.

:crylaugh:

TRS-T notices that England's population is larger than Ireland's, Scotland's or Wales'.

Concludes it's easy to play for Ireland.

I'm reminded of

Step one: steal underpants.

Step three: profits.

Only those who are Irish, Scots or Welsh or have close family links to those countries TRS-T. :winkold: You also need to be a half decent player and that has included the likes of McGrath, Best, Law and Charles....

Totally agree John, but can I say Tony Cascarino was a fraud, on both counts :)

Although I have seen worse forwards than he had looked before he signed for us although not too many internationals in a Villa shirt who were playing for us.. :winkold:

I remember being in a London group singing Tony Cascarino in the air when I heard he had signed on the way to Calais I was suitably pist on way back and think he was more unsteady than me throughout his Villa career. Thought he would be the missing link, unlike another article when I didnt think Peter Withe would be. Shows I know my football stuff :oops:

I think Sheringham said we had signed the wrong one of those two Millwall forwards and he was proved 110% right. But I also felt bringing Withe in was a mistake. :oops:

Rumour has it Sheringham was going to cost more

GT wanted to sign him but our then chairman bulked at the fee he was quoted and was then offered Tony as a cut price alternative and took him as he needed to spend to avoid a tax bill as I recall.

Hahaa why is it that every time a VT post is made... that we always go off topic.

Irrelevant of whats been said we have always been delighted at villa and always wanted to stay. Were delighted with what jacks accomplished so far and want it to continue.

I dont know how many times the 'Rio Ferdinand' saga went on for but i told you the truth in the end ? Rio wasnt there to snap jack up on the cheap.

And as for the typical england vs ireland debate i find it again hilarious that you'd class a 3 year pro villa player at the age of just 16 an england reject. We had a meeting with one of the top people from England earlier on this year and he said that they would take jack on without any sort of trials because they had seen enough of him. He is still currently an Ireland Youth player.

Delighted for my brother and very happy to be at the greatest team in the world. UTV

• Like 1

Back on topic - what is Grealish's cv to date ? - has he got any youth international caps etc ?

Im guessing the club must rate him quite highly to offer a 3 year deal.

I will be watching for him now .....

Â