The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My only solace is that i'm not English, so while i'm rooting for you, it doesn't do my emotions in as much as it would you lot I imagine.

I want too see Jack play as much as the next Villa fan, but i'd also selfishly rather him not get injured or be in the shop window too much either.

I care more about him being here, and being fit for US, selfishly?

We all feel that way but know how much our boy wants this and really does deserve it, Southgate is a basic limited coach who is in over his head though and thats what frustrates us.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The way you lot carry on, you would think it was Macedonia, and not England, a team with an embarrassment of attacking riches, and top, TOP players all throughout the squad.

Just because the manager doesn't make the selection YOU like, doesn't mean he doesn't rate a player, or that there is a conspiracy, or I might even go as saying it doesn't make him a clown either.

Different managers have different tactics ( whether fans like it or not ) and it's about the players, the manager feels most suits their tactics vs. opposition etc, whether rightly or wrongly so.

What if they feel Jack would be great to bring on against tired legs? It's a national team, not Aston Villa ffs.

I wonder if fans of other clubs ( Dortmund - Sancho? Man City - Foden ? ) etc have tantrums if their player doesn't start, or play as they want.

Just because Jack is an outstanding player, doesn't necessarily mean he is the RIGHT player for every system, and team ( This should also be taken into consideration when he is touted for transfers ).

There have been times for US, when he has been nullified, similarly to how other top players have been, we need to stop acting like Jack is prime Lionel Messi IMO.

If this was Dean Smith, some of you would be blowing your top about the " Disrespect to the manager " etc. I hope you realise, you are no different from the fans you bash, when it comes to this.

FYI: doesn't mean I don't think he should start, I personally said I would like to see him and Foden, but still, pretending as if all the other players who may, or not start ahead of him are " shite " is farcical. they are all top, TOP players themselves.

I dont think Kalvin Phillips can be classed as a top top player...

Especially not at the expense of Jack

Ive got £3 riding on Grealish being player of the tournament at 40/1... If he doesnt play, then I have no chance of winning...

I also have £2 on Croatia to be the outright winners at 33/1

So, frankly, if Southgate is going to be the petty prick he is and deliberately go out of his way to cost me my Grealish bet, I hope Croatia hammer England (but Mings plays as exceptionally well despite being surrounded by the other charlatains in England shirts)

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My only solace is that i'm not English, so while i'm rooting for you, it doesn't do my emotions in as much as it would you lot I imagine.

I want too see Jack play as much as the next Villa fan, but i'd also selfishly rather him not get injured or be in the shop window too much either.

I care more about him being here, and being fit for US, selfishly?

I have to agree, Jack deserves to start but at the same time he shouldn’t be overloading those shins,  he’ll start games at some point during the tournament the last thing I want as a villa fan is Jack starting every game for England having been out for so long.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I have to agree, Jack deserves to start but at the same time he shouldn’t be overloading those shins,  he’ll start games at some point during the tournament the last thing I want as a villa fan is Jack starting every game for England having been out for so long.

Might only be a 3 game tournament for us… might not play a single minute. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Of course he will 

The question is how much.  No guarantee we’ll get through the group as Croatia are tough and a Scotland derby.  If we struggle as some England teams in the past we could be out after 3 games.  I’m confident we’ll get through but there in no guarantee thus is Jack is on the bench his minutes will be limited.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The question is how much.  No guarantee we’ll get through the group as Croatia are tough and a Scotland derby.  If we struggle as some England teams in the past we could be out after 3 games.  I’m confident we’ll get through but there in no guarantee thus is Jack is on the bench his minutes will be limited.

Poor result today, Scotland win tomorrow we’ll be under the cosh on Friday. Worrying I’d say but hopefully worrying about nothing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I think as well for some of us older Villans  it is recurring theme, our  quality players being left out at the expense of others, little only got one, Mortimer never got one, Morley only a handful. Shaw never got one and please do not mention Sid Cowans, I could make loads more. Even when we get a generational talent like Jack he can’t even start

Absolutely, a team which won the league and European Cup but barely an England cap between them. Shocking. 

• Like 1

Southgate, you clueless mug. All those claiming that we need to ease up on him, having given Grealish loads of game time in the warm up matches, need to realise he is the idiot that most of us here were saying he is.

Don't think Phillips is playing bad, but given the role he's been given so far forward,  why is he even on the pitch.

Phillips should drop deep, rice should be off.  Grealish should be on.

Edit: Sterling needs to be binned off too.

Edited by MrBlack

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Southgate, you clueless mug. All those claiming that we need to ease up on him, having given Grealish loads of game time in the warm up matches, need to realise he is the idiot that most of us here were saying he is.

Don't think Phillips is playing bad, but given the role he's been given so far forward,  why is he even on the pitch.

Phillips should drop deep, rice should be off.  Grealish should be on.

Edit: Sterling needs to be binned off too.

Bad balance throughout the team. All those players and we’re basically playing route one football to Sterling.

On 07/06/2021 at 11:03, HalfTimePost said:

The only thing I would say is Kane is better off with more direct players on the wing as he drops back into midfield a lot. There's a chance that doesn't work as well with both Grealish and Foden as they'll be looking for him and he'll be on the halfway line, or he'll be looking for them and they won't have gone yet. That would be my only risk, Kanes passing and releasing of the other forwards may work better with Sterling and Rashford on a counter. Similar to his many assists or key passes for Son and Bale this year.

Gareth, I'm available. I told you Kane would drop too deep to make the most of Foden. 

5 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Bad balance throughout the team. All those players and we’re basically playing route one football to Sterling.

Who may make good runs, but does absolutely nothing with the ball. Give Grealish the ball in any position Sterling has found himself with the ball and we'd have had 3 more chances created

• Like 2

Â