The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Southgate is the manager every FA in the world drools for I'd say. All FA's are alike. They want someone that won't be difficult. Someone that's politically correct to the degree of hilarity. Someone that's a yes man, a company man. 

Whether the football is good to watch is secondary and it is to all FA's in my experience. Unfortunately, for some FA's the first bit is also more important than winning football matches... like it is in Norway. 

Personally I'd love to see everyone and I mean everyone at our FA get the sack. We all know the type of manager that would do well with our national team, but it's not going to happen cause the characters that it involves isn't something the FA can swallow. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

3 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Southgate is a very good politician as a coach.

Oddly enough with all the veiled racism going on he may not get us a cup but he's in the right place when it comes to reminding England 'fans' what England means.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Awol said:

Wait.. you think Southgate is a good manager? 

I don’t think he’s dumb, which is what you agreed with when others posted it. I think he’s a decent international manager. I suspect he’ll be too cautious for my liking in terms of selection, but there are arguments for it. To keep this on topic all of the forward players in the squad are good. Some are fast, some score more goals and there’s Jack, who is unique. He’d be in my side, but if he starts on the bench Gareth Southgate isn’t “dumb”. The Sterling/Kane combo has worked well for England over time.

• Like 1

Athletic reporting that Jack is going to be on the bench with Trippier to be selected at left back.

I really hope the England camp are messing with the journos and the Croatians as that would be well weird. GS loves right backs so much, he’s even started playing them at left back.

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

It depends what you mean. As I’ve mentioned on here before I know for a fact that for many years Southgate very definitely did not like Grealish. Thought he was a good player but a prick. Now, I do think that has changed, but Jack is playing catch up. And I also don’t think it’s an ‘agenda’ - at my business I also wouldn’t hire someone very talented if I thought they were a prick. In sport New Zealand rugby operate on that basis and they do ok. But it was very personality driven.

Anyway he’s now in the squad and it’s up to him. I kind of hope he doesn’t start - would rather he plays his way in.

You know initially I thought there was an agenda too, and I was furious at Southgate about it.

I’ve since come to the conclusion that he’s just too **** stupid to know a good player, and I feel so less stressed about it.

The fans and the press pretty much forced his inclusion.  He HAD to take him despite his recent recovery from injury because he couldn’t explain it away because he’s taking Kane and Maguire and Phillips.

But, I actually prefer the whole idea of the press hammering him, and the whole country asking Southgate ‘Why isn't grealish playing??’

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don’t think he’s dumb, which is what you agreed with when others posted it. I think he’s a decent international manager. I suspect he’ll be too cautious for my liking in terms of selection, but there are arguments for it. To keep this on topic all of the forward players in the squad are good. Some are fast, some score more goals and there’s Jack, who is unique. He’d be in my side, but if he starts on the bench Gareth Southgate isn’t “dumb”. The Sterling/Kane combo has worked well for England over time.

So well that it cost ye the World Cup...

• Like 2

Just now, est1874 said:

Is anyone honestly surprised at this point though? 

not at all, the shock would have been if Grealish did start.

I am entirely unsurprised he is going for a defensive, on the break, ping it to a guy who can run fast type of tactic.

Pulis is flash pants.

3 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

I don't understand why Southgate is consistently shoving Grealish to one side.  Sterling as had a bad season and yet is picked over jack? smh

I think we will see one of Foden or Grealish rather than both together. Southgate obviously wants to play with one 'fast' winger - even if they're in shit form.

• Like 1

Â