The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Oh I think we do.

I agree. But I suppose it has yet come to pass - until then he's clearly going to be behind the likes of Sterling. However I think he'll absolutely take his chance, when it comes - hopefully not to flippin late  

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, his languid style looks slow but how many times have you seen him taking the long route angling in from the wing to the edge of the box always one step of the defender whilst also dealing with the ball. 

He's faster than most, most of the "fast" players knock the ball long and take after it in a pure foot race. Jack runs as fast whilst also dribbling.  It's one of the reasons he gets so many fouls.  A defender is not going to just lunge at a running man, that's a guaranteed red. But with the ball there it's tantalisingly close so they are tempted to lunge for the ball.  Then it's just a yellow at worst but probably just a foul for a mistimed challenge. 

Being quick is an English footballing notion that needs to die off

Look at Italy last night, able to keep the ball, play their football in tight areas and able to introduce speed when required, it looked great at times

England have better players in attack than Italy.. But we're stuck in this time warp where the answer isn't pass the ball around and move, pull defenders away and utilise the space its run at them really fast, put it up em

It was out dated 20 years ago 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, his languid style looks slow but how many times have you seen him taking the long route angling in from the wing to the edge of the box always one step of the defender whilst also dealing with the ball. 

He's faster than most, most of the "fast" players knock the ball long and take after it in a pure foot race. Jack runs as fast whilst also dribbling.  It's one of the reasons he gets so many fouls.  A defender is not going to just lunge at a running man, that's a guaranteed red. But with the ball there it's tantalisingly close so they are tempted to lunge for the ball.  Then it's just a yellow at worst but probably just a foul for a mistimed challenge. 

Well put Sid. When I read that, I visioned a magnificent ship, in full sail, sweeping across a beautiful blue breezy ocean. ..... and that's how easy he makes it look, a magnificent talent.

Did you hear Cesc last night Villain4life about modern day managers/coaches being too safe, uncomfortable with individuals of ability/unconvetionality.

Southgate won't pick/play SJG until he has too. He is the epitome of a modern day box tikker, play safe, stay the same, dont make any changes, dont take any chances.....boring.

Jack and Foden, and possibly Bellingham, could win you this competition, i dont think Southgate is either brave enough, or good enough to be a success.

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Be interested to see West Ham Vs Italy, or Burnley Vs Germany. 

Makes sense comparing Burnley a relegation threatened team to Germany. I think it would be fair to compare us to them. I reckon we'd beat them about 50% of the time. 

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sections of the media finally acknowledging what've all been saying all along

When Chelsea fouled him 9 times last season and only Kante was booked. It was ridiculous. 

Edited by MotoMkali

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Being quick is an English footballing notion that needs to die off

Look at Italy last night, able to keep the ball, play their football in tight areas and able to introduce speed when required, it looked great at times

England have better players in attack than Italy.. But we're stuck in this time warp where the answer isn't pass the ball around and move, pull defenders away and utilise the space its run at them really fast, put it up em

It was out dated 20 years ago 

ken.jpg

• Haha 1

Â