The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I wouldn't be shocked if Sterling starts ahead of Jack to be honest, even with the fact that (in my opinion) Sterling as been crap this season for City. The Euro's are a different matter and hopefully he can perform. plus I still get the feeling Southgate just doesn't like Jack a whole lot.  🤣

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think England should play 4231

You have Rice and Mount in the 2, Jack, Foden and another (I’d go Sancho, but could easily do Rashford or Sterling) in the 3 behind Kane.

I'd agree with the 4-2-3-1 but I think the two both need to be more defensive - I'd go with Rice and Phillips - that then makes Mount your third one in the three - Foden/Mount/Grealish behind Kane looks strong to me.

There's increasing talk that Southgate will go with Sterling and Rashford instead of Foden and Grealish. 

If Grealish doesn't start and England don't win, there will be riots.

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd agree with the 4-2-3-1 but I think the two both need to be more defensive - I'd go with Rice and Phillips - that then makes Mount your third one in the three - Foden/Mount/Grealish behind Kane looks strong to me.

There's increasing talk that Southgate will go with Sterling and Rashford instead of Foden and Grealish. 

Playing Sterling and Rashford ahead of Jack and Foden would be like playing Sean Wright Phillips and Theo Walcott ahead of David Beckham and Wayne Rooney becuase of their pace 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Everyone seems to completely sidestep the fact we would have to accept a bid, as if that’s a foregone conclusion when it’s by far the least likely aspect to this. 

Yep, a lot of people on here and elsewhere chatting the same nonsense. Like we have no choice but to bend over and do whatever Utd and City say. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think more importantly, Southgate will lose the goodwill of the nation that's been built up if Jack doesn't start. The calls to bench Jack for any of the other options have been drowned out over the last couple of weeks by the overriding majority. 

If Southgate starts the players we want he can ride the wave with the rest of the Country. Everyone will be in it together. If he doesn't, his failing's will overlap any positives and he'll find himself isolated very quickly. 

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s one game of (hopefully) a fair few. Doesn’t matter if he doesn’t start the first game he’ll get his opportunity to shine as we go on. 

I feel like I’m the only person on here who is actually rooting for England and Southgate no matter who he plays.

If England win the thing without Grealish being the star, I think there are English people on here who would choose not to enjoy it.  Madness. Let’s hope JG shows us the same blind loyalty as the summer goes on.

Point is, it is madness to not start him. He would start for any other country, maybe bar France, but even then I'm sure they'd fit him in somewhere.

3 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure if Grealish has played as an '8' as such for us, maybe in the championship, but even then I'm not sure if you could say he was playing as a true '8'.

Mount has played more of a traditional central midfielder for Chelsea this season, but he's still been playing as an attacking midfielder for the most part, not a '8' or a box to box midfielder, usually he's plays ahead Kante and Jorginho, or Kante and Kovacic, which allows him to concentrate on the attacking side of the game knowing he's got those more defensive minded players behind him.

Playing Mount and Grealish in a central midfield three would be naive to the exreme, needs to be one or the other alongside either two DMs. or one DM and Bellingham. Would be better if Bellingham wasn't the only box to box midfield in the squad.

Played as an 8 plenty for us.

Villa goggles off for a second... do we think Jack would make more of an impact off the bench, or Foden? ( As in Jack replaces Foden, or vice versa )

Obviously, from my viewpoint, both of them starting would be immense, but probably won't happen IMO.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Rashford, Sancho and Sterling not bad players tbf

Honestly, none of them are in the same league as Grealish. Especially Rashford. Loves to mess up a counter with a poor decision and doesn't have any drive half the time.

• Like 2

What people underestimate is that Grealish has an elite mentality. He won't give up on a ball easily, he wins a lot of duels, and he wants that ball and the responsibility all the time. Just one part of what makes him so special and puts him above other 'good' players.

Edited by Tom13

TBF it's his first international tournament - he's just got to wait for his chance and then take it. We don't know if he can do it yet, on that stage - but we certainly are quite informed on the matter. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Rashford, Sancho and Sterling not bad players tbf

No they're not

Just not in form

That's the biggest thing... Neither is Jack really because of the injury, its easy to say sterling and Rashford are struggling because they are but Jack hasn't played

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

TBF it's his first international tournament - he's just got to wait for his chance and then take it. We don't know if he can do it yet, on that stage - but we certainly are quite informed on the matter. 

International tournaments are lower quality than the prem. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Oh I think we do.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

But that would make him fast, not slow like the press seem to think he is.

He is deceptively fast btw, his 0-10mph burst is spritely.

Yes, his languid style looks slow but how many times have you seen him taking the long route angling in from the wing to the edge of the box always one step of the defender whilst also dealing with the ball. 

He's faster than most, most of the "fast" players knock the ball long and take after it in a pure foot race. Jack runs as fast whilst also dribbling.  It's one of the reasons he gets so many fouls.  A defender is not going to just lunge at a running man, that's a guaranteed red. But with the ball there it's tantalisingly close so they are tempted to lunge for the ball.  Then it's just a yellow at worst but probably just a foul for a mistimed challenge. 

• Like 1

Â